Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2015 Awards - Gamer of the Year; Who got game ?!?
Topic Started: Nov 25 2015, 02:25 PM (898 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
This award is for our Gamer of the Year. It originated as our N64Forever.com Game-Off MVP Award, but as the current gen machines began soaking up our gaming time, we expanded the award to include those of you who so prodigiously whip games of any vintage.

Who is your Gamer of the Year? Is your nominee someone whose 2015 game beaten list has you bowing in adoration while muttering "We're not worthy!!"? Or is it someone who your got to pair up with in Splatoon? Perhaps its someone who beat some tough titles for our Beats 'Em All competition. Or maybe its someone who has built some exquisitely difficult courses in Super Mario Maker? What ever you reasons, feel free to mention those with gaming chops that have impressed you this year, but be sure to name one nominee.

Past Winners:
2014 - Envy Fox
2013 - Majora's Mask & Highlander (tie)
2012 - Heinrold
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I think it has to go to Envy Fox again this year, the guys a machine.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
Have you seen Matt's completions?!
I nominate Matt.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
buddy1983 and EnvyFox cleared alot of games... BUT THIS is an N64 Forums
and if I look how many times No64DD has posted his Mario Kart 64 tracks... (and also heard the amount he plays) Truly makes him the gamer of the year for me. :yeah:
Edited by Vinyl, Dec 3 2015, 08:14 AM.
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
buddy1983 and Envy Fox are terrific gamers (they haven't met a console they couldn't master); the platinum bros, Matt and floorcat are incredible; DeeMoney is a current gen beast as well; Boomdiers is a Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon fiend; and the guys on the Mario Kart 64 Hotlap thread are awesome. But one member has achieved something so EPIC that he, IMHO, deserves recognition as our Gamer of the Year: italia64

Italia64 has beaten 35 N64 games for our Beats 'Em All competition THIS YEAR ALONE. The next highest total (over the entirety of the Gameoff/Beats Em All competition) is 34. Italia has now beaten 40 games for that competition, and revived it to the point where we are really running out of games. The end is near! He has also beaten a ton of other N64 titles, so he is just dominating the console this year. Well done, Italia64, and THANK YOU!!!!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rocky
Member Avatar
I agree with BDR, Italia64 did some major work this year with the 'N64 Forever Beat em All.' It would be a crime for him not to win. :yeah:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

DarkLink
Member Avatar
I nominate: Italia64
He made a crazy effort to beat N64 Games this year (Also 100%)
And he made many posts about the process with inspiration from those games
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'm throwing my support behind italia64 as well. He was a beast this year and I can only shake my head in wonder at his prowess. :yeah:
Offline Profile Goto Top

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
First off, thank you all for the kind words. I guess the list of games I've beaten is pretty impressive. ^_^

Not as impressive as Italia64, though. I know he's already been nominated, but I can't think of a better choice. Before he came in and started clearing those N64 titles like they were bowling pins, the progress on the Beats 'Em All was going rather slowly. I'm guessing a lot of us either didn't have any of the remaining games or just didn't think we had what it took to beat them (I was both for the most part). For Italia64 to help this site get that close to taking down the entire NTSC and PAL N64 library is quite the accomplishment.

Not that he did it alone, mind you. There are a lot of names under that achievements list for a reason. :yeah:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Italia64 gets my vote. Pure dedication. Great accomplishment. Not only does he clear the games, his comments and reviews of his encounters are always of great interest. Gives you something to digest if you are thinking of acquiring a title.

It would be criminal not to mention Envyfox & Matt though who have both in their own right cleared a lot of games - good going.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
Italia64 is the first that comes to mind. I see him all the time posting new games he's beat for Beats 'em All. I tried to keep up with him, I beat 4 games one month and I thought that was pretty good but he isa machine and would beat 6 or so a month every month for ever. True boss right there.
Edited by Pimpin Mainer, Dec 6 2015, 01:24 PM.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Italia64 is my vote. I'm envious of his ability to take on all these N64 games and nothing seemingly stands in his way. When I was struggling and took a break from Rogue Squadron, Italia comes along and politely says basically, "Eh, you gonna finish that?" and knocks it out like a champ. Along with many many more.

Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
My vote goes with buddy this year. So many games he has beaten, and some quality ones also. The rise in game completions from last year had increased drastically too.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Many thanks for the kind words guys! :wub: :wub: :wub:
This year I played a lot, I'm thinking about a topic about all N64 games I beaten this year, about 60. I will write something about the most difficult achievements and the best games.

I don't have the perception of how good are gamers here aside N64 games, as I watch N64 related topics only. But for what N64 concerns I think that Envy Fox and Pimpin Mainer are very skilled gamers ;) I can't name BDR because he's an admin I suppose, but please don't forget his help in Beat 'Em All.
I mention our Finnish member MrKoippa too...you wouldn't believe how many hours we spent on Facebook chat sharing tips and records of V-Rally and WDC, this guy 100% beaten these hard racing games.
But we know, Finnish guys are the best rally and F1 racers in the world haha.
Edited by italia64, Dec 15 2015, 07:38 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
There are a lot of great gamers here! You all easily play more than i do. italia64 gets my vote because when it comes to Nintendo 64, we all got to live vicariously through his achievements, and some of those games i haven't even played before! Mama Mia! :mario:
Edited by No64DD, Dec 16 2015, 01:40 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
For his outstanding contributions to N64Forever Beats 'Em All!, my nomination for Gamer of the Year undoubtedly goes to italia64. The man is a machine, and I'm not just talking about his avatar, beating nearly 70 N64 games this year alone. I applaud you in your quest to beat them all but leave a few us ok mate? :lol:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Has to be Italia!

Dude, what a streak of beating games!

Quite often this year, I never had time to log in and post but I was definitely reading.
And every week, there is a new achievement or game that has been beaten.
And like others have said, absolutely love reading the write ups and thoughts on the game after doing it.

I wish I had done more for the beat em all.
I have a decent amount of the games.

Anyway, fantastic job!
Offline Profile Goto Top

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
@Danilochka, No64DD, @D.J Cat

Thanks guys!
I love you :birdo:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image