Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Ultra HDMI Adapter: Released!!; N64 Console with HDMI Output
Topic Started: May 7 2015, 08:06 PM (5,223 Views)
kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
I am fairly interested in this project. While I prefer to play on my CRT, looking years down the road at a time when working CRTs may be hard to find, this could be the only way to get the most "authentic" N64 experience.

So I'll just kinda be watching from the sidelines for now, but anxious to hear some first hand experiences when they're available.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Super anxious to hear some first hand impressions!
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
It's a bit apples and oranges to me. The important thing to me is that it makes playing original N64 on modern HD TVs a much more enjoyable experience.

I hope I can always keep a CRT around for my retro consoles, but I understand that for some that's more of a burden than a joy. This is a pretty fantastic alternative for those folks.

In the distant future when functioning CRT sets could become quite rare, this mod may be the only feasible way to enjoy the original hardware. I see some value in that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Thanks for the feedback! This mod is going on my wishlist.
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Hooking up the N64 to modern TVs · Next Topic »
Add Reply