Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Ultra HDMI Adapter: Released!!; N64 Console with HDMI Output
Topic Started: May 7 2015, 08:06 PM (4,792 Views)
Rocky
Member Avatar
"Designed by the team behind the 64drive flash cartridge, RetroActive first revealed this upcoming HDMI modification back in February 2014. Originally set to provide the console with a DVI-out port, the modification has since come on leaps and bounds with what appears to be a more tidy installation combined with a new Mini-HDMI out slot instead. By connecting directly to the Reality Coprocessor chip on the system's mainboard, the Ultra HDMI directly captures video output as digital RGB to provide up to 1080p HDMI output with audio...." Read the rest here: http://www.retrocollect.com/News/retroactives-ultra-hdmi-nintendo-64-adapter-coming-soon.html

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlq1AaxngEU
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rocky
Member Avatar
I'm so excited for this but at the same time worried about the price! :wub:
Posted Image

Rocky
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Oct 27 2015, 08:55 AM
sanni
Oct 27 2015, 06:32 AM
bluedogrulez
Oct 26 2015, 12:33 PM
pricing would be swell
What I think, nothing official though, is that pricing is around $130 wholesale per unit + labor costs of the installer + profit margin of the installer + sales tax. So I would guess around $200 all in all ... or more.
Sanni, are you lined up to be an installer? ***FINGERS CROSSED***
It would be nice to have our very own installer here. :D

Also, @bluedog can you link the thread about the funtastic video quality differences?
Edited by Rocky, Oct 27 2015, 09:52 AM.
Posted Image

Rocky
Member Avatar
andyk2003
Dec 23 2015, 06:48 PM
As a final thought, I have to say that after a few days I'm increasingly preferring my CRTs more. While I still think this mod is awesome, the vibrant, natural colours, deep blacks and just the way the graphics are represented on the CRT just floor me every time...

I'm really glad I have the mod for a potential future backup situation though - but it's CRTs all the way for me personally I think....

I have to permanently leave the forum now so thanks for having me and so long guys :)
Why are you going mate? :(
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Hooking up the N64 to modern TVs · Next Topic »
Add Reply