Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Ultra HDMI Adapter: Released!!; N64 Console with HDMI Output
Topic Started: May 7 2015, 08:06 PM (5,260 Views)
Turok81
Member Avatar
I'm still on the fence about getting one. I've spent way too much analyzing videos on YT, and I'm honestly not that impressed by the look of de-blur and the extra sharpening, which seems to be the main selling point. It's a matter of personal taste but the heavy pixelation is just detrimental to the look of the games, in my opinion. I don't really like the look of the artificial scanlines either. What I'm wondering is if it's still worth getting even if I don't use any of the filters.
Edited by Turok81, Feb 25 2016, 11:02 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turok81
Member Avatar
I'll probably get the mod. It will be very expensive with the shipping back and forth between countries and stealthy custom charges on top of that, but I really want a viable option for playing my games on a flat screen. However, I am a little reluctant to send off one of my own consoles which are in pristine condition. So I'll probably buy a used one in good condition and send it off to an installer. Would be nice to get one of those funtastic ones for the mod, they look very nice and seem very popular choices for the UltraHDMI. Some really nice pictures you posted, gamerjerome. By the way, I read a comment somewhere from a person claiming that the console runs a bit hotter after the mod was installed. Very curious if there's any truth to this.
Edited by Turok81, Mar 1 2016, 01:18 AM.

Turok81
Member Avatar
Ringworm128
May 10 2016, 01:37 AM
After viewing some footage of the De-blur mode I have to say I think it makes the games look worse. The blur gives the games a smudged look but it molds the models into something more rounded and organic. The de-blur just makes them look like NES sprites.
I feel the same way. Most games look to pixellated with it. It might look ok with some games, but I feel there is a good reason the blur filter was enabled in the first place. Still very nice to have options though. I'm still planning to get one, or at least I was. Looks like it's gone off the market now. Been sold out for months and the supplier has gone quiet.

« Previous Topic · Hooking up the N64 to modern TVs · Next Topic »
Add Reply