Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mario 64; January Game of the Month
Topic Started: Jan 4 2016, 12:41 PM (610 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
What better game to mark the 5th anniversary of Game of the Month than the one that kicked started the 64 we all love? Mario 64 was my first experience with the Nintendo 64. I am sure that can be said for a lot of us here. It changed the way I saw gaming. Less than two months after playing it, I had my own N64 and a copy of Mario. The N64 helped define my high school years. Ultimately a game on the N64 (Perfect Dark) led me to meeting my wife of 14 years now. So aside from being an amazing game, I owe it a debt of gratitude for the road it helped me go down :lol:

I still go back and play it a few times a year. My daughter likes to watch me play, and she likes to run around the castle courtyard. The gameplay was revolutionary, the graphics were amazing at the time, and the music is timelessly great! Though I never got the last star needed to get 100% on the game (dang flying around for 8 red coins level :lol: ) I have repeatedly played through and beat the game a number of times.

I suspect that I will still be playing it from time to time in the years to come :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
My daughter loves the cannon in the courtyard. Thankfully their was a copy of Mario 64 on our Wii when it was given to us. My wife's brother had gotten all 120 stars on one of the saves on it. That is usually the one she plays on :yeah:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply