Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The X-Files: Season 10; I want to believe
Topic Started: Jan 27 2016, 12:18 PM (574 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
There was a time when a Mulder-Scully reunion on The X-Files would have been the entertainment news of the decade. . . but its seems those times are gone. I barely got wind of this 6-part revival, but hey, sometimes the best things come to us with little fanfare.

The first two episodes aired Sunday and Monday nights. One hour each. Full-on David Duchovney and Gillian Anderson, not some crummy cameos.

Anyone else watching? Initial thoughts (use spoilers please)?

Spoiler: click to toggle
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
No doubt i watched it! :yeah:

Not everything dies.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
It doesn't air in Australia until Sunday night. First episode then, so spoilers appreciated.

Although I never watched an xfiles episode ever :facepalm: I'll probably tune into this. Channel 10 down here have been advertising it relentlessly for the past 2 months, I've got no choice, I need to watch it haha X_D :D
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
@DeeMoney,
Yeah. It's a good show. I should have mentioned that. X_D
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Episode 3- eloquent pageantry!
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
I keep meaning to check this show out.

action
bluedogrulez
Jan 27 2016, 12:18 PM
There was a time when a Mulder-Scully reunion on The X-Files would have been the entertainment news of the decade. . . but its seems those times are gone. I barely got wind of this 6-part revival, but hey, sometimes the best things come to us with little fanfare.

The first two episodes aired Sunday and Monday nights. One hour each. Full-on David Duchovney and Gillian Anderson, not some crummy cameos.

Anyone else watching? Initial thoughts (use spoilers please)?

not sure about the new series, but the accompanying boardgame (which covers season 1 - 3), i can highly recommend

Posted Image

lots of card fun to be had here. people need to play more boardgames 8)

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Edited by No64DD, May 16 2016, 03:29 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
This one's for you No64DD! Fox Wants More Episodes
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
That sure didn't take Fox long.
Oh man!! Goosebumps!

This is real entertainment justice. With the network finally supporting it instead of shelving their #1 franchise, the possibilities are very exciting. The truth is here to stay! 👽

Edited by No64DD, May 16 2016, 03:37 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
In retrospect, Episode 1 and 6 are the only ones worth watching. I found most of the others pretty tedious although I should probably watch them again to see if they grow on me.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
1 and 6 are the main focus, which thankfully will be continuing into the 11th season.
The six episode event we got was a pretty good return considering how the franchise sat around for years collecting dust for no good reason.

It's success even brought back weekly episode blocks around here, which i love seeing again.
Edited by No64DD, Feb 15 2017, 05:04 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
No64DD
Feb 15 2017, 04:39 PM
It's success even brought back weekly episode blocks around here, which i love seeing again.
My wife and I have been watching them too. We've got a much better appreciation for the show now than we did back when it originally aired. :D

We've also been watching Kolchak: The Night Stalker which is on every Sunday night at 10:00pm on MeTV. You can really tell how it inspired many of the "Monster-of-the-Week" episodes of The X-Files.
Edited by Grizzmeister, Apr 3 2017, 08:11 AM.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
The X-Files will return as 10-episode event series on Fox :w00t:

Quote:

The X-Files revival will continue, as FOX has ordered another season of the show.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their iconic roles as FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully for 10 more episodes of the popular sci-fi series.

After the success of last year's return season, the show was expected to renew with more episodes than the six of its predecessor, though deals with FOX hadn't been finalized and confirmed until now.

Series creator Chris Carter will also return as Executive Producer for the new season, which will start production this year and air during 2017 and 2018.

The original X-Files series premiered back in 1993 and ran for 9 seasons, winning multiple awards during its course. Our review of the latest installment in this newly revived sci-fi classic is a perfect starting point before Season 11.

The truth is out there, folks, and maybe we'll finally get it in season 11. :lol:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
X-Files Season 11 Official Trailer

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Dude!

It looks like they are skipping creature of the week and going full on storyline.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
A mainstream media source here in the United States CNN is reporting the possible existence of extraterrestrials. :o

The cynic in me would normally believe that this is being done to promote the X-Files season 11 premiere next month but that's airing on a rival network. :huh:

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Excellent.

Again, this is the kind of thing i imagine would've came to light so to speak if Hillary would've won. She campaigned on opening the "X-files" once elected.
I think she lended an initiative.

I live 5 miles from Kecksburg. These things happen. Period!

"Both deceased" they say. How convenient.
Edited by No64DD, Dec 19 2017, 07:24 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I watched the season premiere of the X-Files last night and it was great. Sure, Mulder looks older than dirt but last night's episode kinda caught the feel of the better early episodes of the series. Really looking forward to following along this season.

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
It was great.
My initial thoughts were that they are unpacking what they tried fitting in last season.
The way the new X-Files play out is like they take all the crap action drama series of today and say "Look! We can do it too even better and with more likeable characters".

Long live the X-Files
Edited by No64DD, Jan 4 2018, 09:59 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
No64DD
Jan 4 2018, 09:19 AM
My initial thoughts were that they are upacking what they tried fitting in last season.
Same thought occurred to me.

Anybody who missed the season premiere of season 11 last night can catch it here.

My Struggle III

I'm definitely going to watch it again when I get a chance to catch all the little tidbits I missed on my first viewing.

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
duchotvny...... yummm. :yeah:

Husband and I are all caught up!
bluedogrulez
Jan 27 2016, 12:18 PM
There was a time when a Mulder-Scully reunion on The X-Files would have been the entertainment news of the decade. . .

This makes me think of covers of the TV Guide. This would of been all over that!
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
MymeeN64
Jan 16 2018, 09:09 PM
duchovny...... yummm. :yeah:
:lol:

I mentioned it last season that he looked too "uptight" in a suit, but this was when he was getting back into things regarding his role.

That changed pretty quickly this season. So to speak.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply