Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TAKE THE STAGE !!!; Got an N64 game? Play it!
Topic Started: Feb 1 2016, 06:14 AM (6,329 Views)
Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I have greatly misinterpreted the structure of this thread but I think I understand now
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 10 2016, 11:58 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Withholded until it clicks with me.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 10 2016, 11:47 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Okay. Okay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first playthrough of Perfect Dark was last month but I've started playing the Perfect Agent difficulty the past few days. I'm on the 2nd Area 51 mission which is one of my least favorite because of how brutal it is. Soon I'll try the same with Goldeneye and maybe, just maybe, try and compete with Milage and D.J. Cat.

I also started playing Harvest Moon 64 finally after owning it for so long. I named my character Ninten after the main character from mother and my farm Threed after the town in Earthbound. I know it technically doesn't have stages but I did enough stuff that I feel I've cleared stage one of becoming a farmer. I played up to the the first festival, caught some fish, gave a cave gnome some grass and a girl some berries, grew some cabbages, cleared out lots of land, and talked to a bunch of people. My Dogs name is bludog. My horses name is Italia. Needless to say all my animals will be named after other members, even if the 6 character limit makes that hard.

So yeah I'm starting my list. I wish I had started like 2 months ago before I beat like 20 games in a row but better late then never. I'll be updating this frequently!

1. Perfect Dark
2. Harvest Moon 64

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That makes sense right?
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 10 2016, 05:57 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
@D.J Cat Your name is pretty short so I'll find someway to get you on my farm, possibly as a chicken.

Last night after like 2 hours I finally beat the second Perfect Dark Area 51 mission on Perfect Agent. I really suck at the three Area 51 missions. So last night and the better part of this morning I took a break with a couple games that I don't intend to play any time soon, or ever again in some cases, just so I could get some stuff on my list. So here they are.

Knife Edge Nose Gunner - Beat the first stage, Amethyst Ravine. I had played up to like the 5th level but I guess this game doesn't save and I'm just supposed to play the whole thing in one sitting. Probably not gonna happen any time soon. Does anyone out there like this game? I'm genuinely curious.

Goldeneye - Played the first 3 stages on 00 Agent. I realize taking a break from Perfect Dark to Play Goldeneye is like taking a break from cigarettes to smoke some crack, but I figured I'd try the first mission since it would be quite easy. I ended doing an extra two because it was so much fun.

Shadowgate 64 - Escaped imprisonment and emerged from the first tower. I consider this the first stage because it's the point where the game becomes much more open ended. Not a bad game but it really isn't the kind of thing you can play twice.

Castlevania - Did the Forest of silence with Reinhardt. Another okay game I just can't see myself playing again. At least I have the sweet Trever Belmont costume unlocked in case I ever decide to.

Army Men Sarges Heroes 2- Completed first level on the kitchen table. I thought I had save data that was on the freezer level but I guess I deleted it. Ah well, I'll probably never beat it anyway

Indiana Jones - Completed the first canyon level. Of course I only play for like 15 minutes and I get an infinitely falling glitch when I accidently jumped over a cutscene trigger. Gotta love Infernal machine

So now my list is
1. Perfect Dark
2. Harvest Moon 64
3. Knife Edge Nose Gunner
4. Goldeneye 007
5. ShadowGate 64
6. Castlevania
7. Army Men Sarges Heroes 2
8. Indiana Jones & the Infernal Machine

I may do another round of games to boost my count but then I'll slow down and play some games I actually enjoy, or maybe try some I've never really played.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 11 2016, 11:49 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Not to spam the thread but I've done lots of gaming today.

9.Super Mario 64- Got all 7 stars on bomb-omb battlefield, plus a few in Cool cool mountain and Jolly Roger bay. It's been nearly a year since my last 120 star run, I think it may be time for another playthrough.

10.Goemon's Great Adventure- Played Lost 'n Road with Ebisumaru.

11.Mischief Makers- Played the first level, Meet Marina!! And messed around on some other levels too. This was the first time I've played since getting all the S ranks last month, its crazy how much different the game feels playing it normal versus playing it fast.

12.Lode Runner 3-d- Beat level 1. I'm actually on the third world but I took the 20 seconds so I could add it to my list ;)

13.Nightmare Creatures- Beat Level 1 with Ignatius, which is the furthest I've ever made it. Not a bad game at all but it doesn't click well with me.

14.Mickey Speedway USA- Finshed 1st in the first cup, traffic troubles, on professional difficulty. I love this game no matter what. Louie 4 Life

15.Blast Corps- played Simian Acres again

16.Chameleon Twist- Cleared Jungle Land

17.Chameleon Twist 2- Cleared Sky Land, with all the coins too!

So my list is now at 17 games. For my next post I picked out 10 games which I've never played, all of which are considered good games of varying degrees, and I'm gonna go through them this week and give them all fair chances, and hopefully I find some new favorites!
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 20 2016, 08:10 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
It is such a good game that the issues present, as terrible as they can be, usually don't actually ruin the game, and are actually downright comedic at times. At least letting yourself die fixes most issues

It's just funny how I hadn't played on in around 8 months then decide to play it for ten minutes and Indy had to have a fit waving his arms and legs like a puppet while sliding slowly across the ground.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
More to add,all games I've never really played. To cut down on useless first impressions I ranked them from 1-4 stars.

18.****007 TWINE - Completed first 3 missions on secret agent. Expectedly Dandy
19.***Glover - Completed Atlantis. Unpredictably Nirvana
20.*Shadow Man - Made it through the marrow gates and got the first dark soul. Potentially bleh
21.**Beetle Adventure Racing - Finished 1st cup on novice. Temporarily pleasurable
22.***Bomber Man 64 - Finished first 3 stages of Green Garden on normal. Smilingly pleasant
23.****Buck Bumble - Finished first 4 missions. Savagely delecious
24.**Fighter Destiny 2 - Beat vs. with 11 charcters, did one round of Fighters arena. Sadly Samey
25.*Gex 64 - Finished first level of scream tv. Basically Bubsy
26.*** Rayman 2 - Completed the first 2 levels. Fairly Excellent
27.***Snowboard Kids 2 - Finished first 3 story races and the snowman boss stage. Eventually amusing

My list is at 27 now. Is this actually ending in January? Because if so I don't have much time to add more games.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 20 2016, 08:13 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
It's been a slower week then I would have liked but I got a few quick additions in between playing Perfect Dark, Buck Bumble, and Snowboard Kids 2. Hopefully I'll have more time in the next few days to play some good stuff. And I'll keep them numbered from now on for convenience sake.

28.Dr. Mario 64 - Did 2 stages in story mode on Normal. Can't beat stage 3 because I suck
29.F-Zero X - Jack Cup on Expert. I need to take a week to attempt master some day.
30.Fighters Destiny - Did versus on crazy difficulty with Joker
31.Robotron 64- played to wave 50
32.Blues Brothers 2000- Played the first level for the 5th time. I'd be fine if I never play this game again.
33.Toy Story 2- played through Andy's House
34.Starshot Space Circus Fever- Got Virtua Circus off Tensuns, the first objective.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 20 2016, 08:17 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Might as well get these out of the way because when I get my everdrive this list will get a whole lot bigger. I feel bad posting so many times in a row but I had to play catch up.

35. Mario Party 2 - Played a 20 turn game on mystery land with my cousin. A cpu luigi won due to the bonus stars.
36. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - Climbed Mt. Fuji and got a pipe... A chain pipe. Then did Oedo Castle, the first dungeon.
37. Jet Force Gemini - Played Goldwood Outset again.
38. Body Harvest - Beat Java Stage 1 in 5 minutes thanks to the little-known motorcycle trick. ;)
39. Space Station Silicon Valley - Played the whole game, first stage included.
40. Rocket Robot on Wheels - 100% Clowney Island
41. Banjo-Kazooie - 100% Mumbo's Mountain
42. Super Smash Brothers - Beat classic on very hard with Jigglypuff. Only lost 3 lives. One on giant dk, one on the 30 polygon team, and one when I accidently used sing over a pit in saffron city >_< I like the AI in this game. It doesn't have the frame perfect reactions that the Smash 4 cpu's have.
43. Pilotwings 64 - Got gold on the 3 beginner class missions.
44. Pokemon Snap - played the beach level again.
45. 1080 - Did 2 races on normal difficulty. It took an embarrassing number of tries and I couldn't beat the 3rd race.
46. Nfl Blitz 2000 - Minnesota Vikings(me) vs the Miami Dolphins(cousin). First game ended 14-58 so he dominated me. Second game it was 33-20 and I pretty sure he let me win.
47. Mario Party 3 - Played 20 turns on Chilly Waters with my cousin. I won by 1 space making it technically the closest Mario Party we've ever had.
48. Resident Evil 2 - played up to the police station. I unlocked the infinite rocket launcher on my previous playthrough by beating the game in less than 2 1/2 hours without saving, so I went through the whole police station exploding zombies for fun >:-]
49. Extreme-G 2 - I did. . . something. It wasn't a race I just shot lots of things.
50. Starfox 64 - Played through Corneria and took the alternate path.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 27 2016, 05:36 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Well since it's January 31st 2017 the deadline for our point total is almost gone, so here's is all the games I've played in January for one last little push

51. Golden Nugget 64 - reached veteran status by earning $1,000,000
52. Mario Party - played my first 2 games, 1 on Yoshi Island which I lost, and one on Dk Jungle which I won. No items? No random blocks? Working together in minigames? This game is freaking me out man.
53. Transformers Beast Wars - Beat the seceret final boss in arcade mode
54. Kirby 64 - played the first level of Popstar
55. Worms Armageddon - Beat all the single player missions
56. Wonder Project J2 - Completed 100%
57. Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Beat 1 and 3/4 times
58. Rakuga Kids - cleared story mode with Captain.Cat.Kit
59. Powerpuff Grills - Beat it
60. Mace The Dark Age - Beat it
61. Nuclear Strike 64 - Beat it
62. Super Bowling - Beat it
63. Brunswick Pro Circut Bowling - No one wants to be defeated Posted Image <--This should be an emoticon
64. Tetrisphere - I think this one is winning game of the month so I played a few stages trying to learn how to actually play it. Still confusing

Woah :blink: Did any one notice that my total is 64, and that the Nintendo 64 is 64 bits!? Crazy coincidence huh?

Edit: actually no I forgot one. I beat Rayman 2 like 3 days ago so my total is 65. What a bummer
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/single/?p=10004781&t=420579

Either that game is really forgettable or I play too much n64

Another edit: yay my total actually is 64 because I played it back in December for this very thread. I guess Rayman 2 is forgettable. It's definatly not my fault for playing too many games.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Mar 17 2018, 05:14 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
That didn't take you long did it :rofl:

I want the beat em all the finish before we all die too. I just really don't like football. We need a savior
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply