Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monster Cable for N64; Help with cords/hooking up
Topic Started: Feb 13 2016, 09:21 PM (528 Views)
Cabanon
Elite
Pimpin Mainer
Feb 14 2016, 08:49 PM
Not an expert but here are my 2 cents. I think monster cables are way overpriced for what they are. The are to cables as Dre Beats are to headphones, overpriced and over hyped. Honestly you could by the Amazon basics HDMI cable for $7 (which I did for my 4k monitor) and you will get the same picture quality. The only thing I would watch when buying cables is if they are gold plated and what they are rated for (1080, 720 and so on). You asked about composite / s video but here is a great example of how high price isn't high grade.

On a side tangent, I dont like Dre's at all, they look cool but are a waste of money. The quality is ok but you are paying for the box, oh and that box wont list any of the stats of the headphones which is kind of important. Thats what really gets me, you can buy a $2 pair at Walmart and they list the stats of the headphones, Beats, well good luck.
typical dre's bashing. I don't care what people says but I love my studio hd headphones. I have them since 5 years and I've never been happier with the build and sound quality. in fact im listening to music while writing this.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cabanon
Elite
Pimpin Mainer
Feb 18 2016, 09:42 PM
Hey glad you like them, I've had bad experiences with them and some of my friends have too. They are not the worst but I still think they cost more than they should. I bought a pair of Sennheiser head phones for less than Dre's but I have equal quality. It's mostly the price that bothers me.
no problem man, I paid 250$ (well my wife since it was an x-mas gift) around 4 years ago. I wouldn't have paid full retail as I thought it was too much money for any brand of headphones, period.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Hooking up the N64 to modern TVs · Next Topic »
Add Reply