Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monster Cable for N64; Help with cords/hooking up
Topic Started: Feb 13 2016, 09:21 PM (557 Views)
andyk2003
Member Avatar
Established Member
Not sure how much they're worth but I expect you'd get at least $15 back for it on eBay just based on the fact that it's made by Monster, even though it's just a composite cable.

Monster s-video cables are good but not worth the $70-$80 they go for. I did a test of the 3 (supposedly) best s-video cables; The Monster and 2 variants of Nintendo's official cables (which are quite a bit cheaper), & there's no difference.

I always use Nintendo's official stuff, but Bluedogrulez mentioned that he couldn't see a difference between an official s-video cable and a $7 generic s-video cable he bought:

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7428822/1/

So unless you have one of the funtastics with the better composite output, you'd probably find you'd get a much better image out of one of those $7 cables than that monster composite cable anyway.

EDIT: It would be worth doing a bit of research if you go for a cheap s-video cable as it's a bit hit & miss & some of them really are bad!
Edited by andyk2003, Feb 14 2016, 03:03 AM.
My CRT thread:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Hooking up the N64 to modern TVs · Next Topic »
Add Reply