Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What's your recommendation for Excitebike 64?
Buy and play! 6 (85.7%)
Buy only 0 (0%)
Play only 0 (0%)
Safely ignore 1 (14.3%)
Total Votes: 7
Excitebike 64; Dirtbike Racer/Stunts
Topic Started: Feb 17 2016, 09:39 PM (355 Views)
TofuJunky87
Member Avatar
Do you tofu?
Posted ImageExcitebike 64 is arguably one of the best motorcycle racing games on the N64. Controls make handling easy and intuitive, while stunts feel second nature. There is a large array of track and game modes to choose from, with unlockables such as the original NES game. Definitely check this game out, even if dirtbikes aren't your forte. Underneath all the mud is a solid racer.

SCORE: 8.5/10
Edited by TofuJunky87, Feb 18 2016, 10:43 PM.
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

davyK
Member Avatar
Established Member

Magnificent control scheme. A late game and too many people missed out on this.

Tyree_Cooper
Member Avatar
Established Member
I had a wonderful time with this game, some tracks are crazy fun with majestic jumps and ferocious opponents. I also loved the "random generated" desert level where you can practise your tricks. I remember trying to speed straight for 10 minutes trying to find the end of the level, lol.

Hill climb was fun too. Football was tedious but the idea was fun, it came handy one evening with friends after we had enough drinks.

This is one of those games in my "have to replay it soon" list.

Who voted to ignore? :eh: :eh: :eh:
Edited by Tyree_Cooper, Nov 12 2017, 08:44 AM.

Cabanon
Elite
thats me. what a pos game. the controls are one hell of a mess not responding properly. I had zero fun and 100% frustration.

Tyree_Cooper
Member Avatar
Established Member
There's a learning curve and it's not easy at the beginning, but when you get the hang of it it's great fun. I did not find the controls and the response to be frustrating; I think it matches the type of vehicle.

Kind of reminds me of Freekstyle.

Cabanon
Elite
I understand but I generally have no problem at all in racing games, im pretty good at them, but this game made me frustrated like never before. I did pass all cup until Gold, these are insanely difficult.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I never cared for the controls in Excitebike 64 either. :-8

This may be because I played the ATV Offroad Fury games on the PlayStation 2 first and found their control scheme much more intuitive. I do own the WiiWare title Excitebike: World Rally but I still haven't gotten around to playing it even though I've heard it's good.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
Excitebike World Rally is freaking awesome ! its exactly like the NES version with updated tracks & graphics. I played ton of it and got all tracks on S

Tyree_Cooper
Member Avatar
Established Member
Must be like me with Ridge Racer V; I can't play the :cussfit: game, although most people say it has great handling. I thought they were joking but no.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Just happened to see this review as I'm having a quick look at the boards....
After beating the first season in my spontaneous session of Excitebike 64!

I've always rated this game and still do.
And I keep coming back to it, cause so far, unlike Wave Race, 1080 and F-Zero X, I still haven't mastered this game!
Yet!

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · 64-Bit Game Reviews · Next Topic »
Add Reply