Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
boardgames
Topic Started: Feb 28 2016, 02:07 AM (302 Views)
action
ah boardgames... back when we didn't have videogames this was what we were playing. and boardgames are having a massive comeback! 8) playing boardgames with your friends at home, with a couple of beers, has become the new "internet multiplayer". there's a wealth of games to chose from, with cool themes like dracula, jack the ripper, x files...

i've recently bought this one. anyone who liked eternal darkness will enjoy the theme. it's based on the cthulu mythos, just like ED 8) the manual is 24 pages. the cards offer some creepy but cheesy backstory. you get to use spells, lose sanity (like in the videogame), have lots of characters to chose from, different ancients, zombies, there is even a magic shop!

best thing: you can play this alone. like a super sized patience or something.

Posted Image

what are your favorite boardgames?
Edited by action, Feb 28 2016, 03:29 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Nice! Have fun with that action!

Mine are very vanilla but classics nonetheless:

-Chess
-Monopoly
-Cluedo

I don't really get to play the last two too much at the moment but I'll be looking to try and play with family and friends if anybody wants to when I move into my new house.

I think the Mario Party games on the N64 are pretty cool too! But that's a video game board like game! Just the mini games have it that extra awesomeness.
Edited by Milage007, Feb 28 2016, 03:08 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

action
Milage007
Feb 28 2016, 03:08 AM
Nice! Have fun with that action!

Mine are very vanilla but classics nonetheless:

-Chess
-Monopoly
-Cluedo

I don't really get to play the last two too much at the moment but I'll be looking to try and play with family and friends if anybody wants to when I move into my new house.

I think the Mario Party games on the N64 are pretty cool too! But that's a video game board like game! Just the mini games have it that extra awesomeness.
you've got the classics covered. that's a start! 8)

it doesnt really matter which game you're playing. the fun is in the company, the laughs and the drinks.

you're absolutely right about mario party being like a board-video-game. nintendo never fails to deliver quality local multiplayer. fun fact: nintendo used to manufacture card games.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
I loved Trivial Pusuit as I kid. We are talking the original one. I was a bit of a savant at it, mostly through repetition, but I was also a crazy good guesser. I liked the Sports Edition too, but then they released way too many and the questions started getting watered down a bit. TP is often an overlooked part of 1980s pop culture.

Risk was great too. I wasn't nearly as good, because I was enamoured with starting out in Africa. Not sure why.

Had my monopoly and scrabble phases, but my family members used to whip me at scrabble. They know so many Z, X, Q and J words!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Most of mine would rest in the classics, for sure. Risk, Monopoly, Sorry, Life, Trivial Pursuit, Battleship, Stratego, Mouse Trap, Trouble and games like Yahtzee and Uno if you can lump card games in with board games. Many good memories but, unfortunately for me, they don't as much attention these days as they used to.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Feb 28 2016, 05:29 PM.

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
I do love me some board games. I really like strategy games. The ones that make your friends hate you after playing >:-]

Some of my favorites are: Monopoly (I own a Zelda and a Pokemon board), Risk, Stratego, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Chess.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

TofuJunky87
Member Avatar
Do you tofu?
We've played a lot of Cards Against Humanity lately. Its a really fun game that is best played with a bunch of people with dirty minds.
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Posted Image

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
Pimpin Mainer
Feb 28 2016, 06:27 PM
I do love me some board games. I really like strategy games. The ones that make your friends hate you after playing >:-]

Some of my favorites are: Monopoly (I own a Zelda and a Pokemon board), Risk, Stratego, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Chess.
Do you own the slightly new cat piece?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sgally23
Established Member
Trouble

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply