Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Game Reference Database; Quick Reference Guide to Peripheral Compatibility and Other Game Info
Topic Started: Mar 15 2016, 01:32 PM (1,671 Views)
TofuJunky87
Member Avatar
Do you tofu?
Welcome to the :n64: 64 Game Reference Database!

This database is helpful for those who wish to have access to a quick reference guide of game info and peripheral compatibility such as player counts, various pak requirements (rumble, expansion, transfer, memory), and even handy knowledge on cartridge variants (color and label) and dual controller play schemes!

Help us complete this table by posting information on the titles you own! See below the tabs for details.

**UPDATED: March 15, 2016, POST #: 6**

#

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z

*NFR = ”Not For Resale” on front cart label
**Demo Only-NFR = ”Demo Only, Not For Resale” on front cart label
***NFRS = “Not For Resale” sticker on rear of cart ONLY

This list has been a labor of love since I started collecting. I found such a list useful to have when hosting N64 parties so I would have a quick reference for which games had numbers of player’s limits, used rumble paks, memory paks or cartridge memory, expansion paks, and so on. Over time, the list grew to every 64 title and also includes things like color and label variations for collecting purposes.

I thought I would share it so others can use it, but I need your help!

This list, as you can see, is not fully populated yet as I don’t have access to everything. This is where all of you come in. If you own games on this list, and you see either a “?” in one of the boxes, or just want to verify the validity of the information, feel free to check it against the copy you own and post below with any updates, whether they are to correct wrong information in the list or to help fill empty boxes. With all of your help, we will be able to finish this list so we can all have a great reference guide for our games!

As the OP, I will check back often and update the list based on user’s posts, and then indicate at the top of the table when the table was last updated (date, post #).

:read: ATTENTION: If you wish to offer information on titles, please only do so either from your own game or from other reliable sources. DO NOT offer information from sources like Wikipedia, as it is frequently incorrect (i.e. # of players that games can have on Wikipedia is incorrect for many titles).

Thanks!

-Tofu
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
Super cool Tofu!

ARMORIES Project swam is 1-4 players
Army Men: Sarges Hero's is 1-4 players
Army Men: Sarges Hero's 2 is 1-4 players
Asteroids is 1- Players

Edit: They all also require memory packs to save.

Another Edit:
Banjo Kazooie 1Player. It has on board memory
Battle Zone: Rise of the Black Dogs 1-4 Player. no onboard memory
Big Mountain 2000 is 2 player. It does have on board memory
Bomberman 64 is 1-4 player. It does have on board memory
Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition is 1-2 player. No on board memory
Chameleon Twist is 1-4 player. No on board memory
Edited by Pimpin Mainer, Mar 15 2016, 02:06 PM.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Great topic! Very useful for everybody!

In these days I wanted to open a topic "how to write properly N64 titles", but we can use this topic for tue purpose.

For example:

AeroGauge - Aerogauge (if it's wrong to write capital letters after lowercase letters) - Aero Gauge
Donald Duck: Goin' Qu@ckers/Donald Duck: Qu@ck Att@ck or without the "@" or with the "?*!"?
Shadow Man - Shadowman - ShadowMan

How to list The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time in alphabetical order?
a) Zelda, the legend of - Ocarina of Time
b) Legend of Zelda, the - Ocarina of Time
c) The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (but counting it in the "L" section)
and so...

I have tons of this options for a lot of games.

For example:

Star Wars Episode I - Battle for Naboo (I or 1?)
Star Wars: Episode I - Battle for Naboo
Star Wars Episode I: Battle for Naboo

Wich Japanese translation use? (something are different)

For almost every case Wikipedia gives us the answer. But in some cases there are mistakes.
I want that all my databases have the same name of a certain game in every place, I want to unificate all my database so I need an ultimate way to write games titles.

So we can correct the titles in this list if the TC agrees.

Edited by italia64, Mar 15 2016, 03:55 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Nice one Tofu, I can see this being a very useful resource for collectors and I love the formatting!

A few things which strike me off the bat:

The Shindou re-releases of Super Mario 64 and Wave Race 64 probably deserve their own lines, as they both feature rumble pak support which the originals don't.

Also, on that topic I remember reading that when Shadow Man was released (maybe just in PAL regions) they forgot to activate the code to feature rumble pak support. That's something which warrants verfiying.

Another noteworthy feature is that Micro Machines 64 Turbo supports upto 8 players.

Is there a way to be more specific with the Cartridge Color/Label Variants column, as some of these variations are North American only.

@italia I've spent a lot of time considering what the correct name of each game should be, I tend to base this off what it's listed as in the copyright smallprint, so in my opinion the following is correct:
- Aero Gauge
- Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (filed under "L")
- Shadow Man
- Star Wars: Episode I - Battle for Naboo

Japanese games are trickier, again I think it's best to go by what it says on the box, this is still a work in progress for me.

Edited by danilochka, Mar 16 2016, 08:33 AM.
Posted Image

TofuJunky87
Member Avatar
Do you tofu?
@italia
You have some great observations, italia. To be honest, I focused less on exacting the titles used for each game, and rather focused on making sure they were alphabetical in nature, or at least made sense as far as alphabetical is concerned (i.e. The World is Not Enough is under W, and The Legend of Zelda is under L, and so on). With JP exclusives, or games with multiple names in different regions (Beetle Adventure vs. HSV), it gets even trickier.

To be honest, I just wanted the content to highlight the compatibility characteristics of each title, as well as a few other things such as # of players.

I probably won't go through and correct title names unless something is misspelled or out of place, just because of how many hours it took to compile and code the table for this. But it sounds like that could be a germ of an idea for another thread on title names?

@danilochka

I updated the Re-releases of Super Mario and Wave Race. I think those were also JP exclusives?

I also updated Micro Machines but I'll wait on Shadowman for verification.

Regarding the cart variant column, I didn't think about categorizing cart variants with regions. I supposed I could put the regions in parenthesis next to the variant, but I wouldn't know where to start on that since I only have global variant information, not regional...
Edited by TofuJunky87, Mar 15 2016, 05:18 PM.
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
@ Tofu - It looks like I missed the "2" key... Asteroids is 1-2 Players, not 1- players. My bad, but also my good for fixing it.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
TofuJunky87
Mar 15 2016, 05:01 PM
I updated the Re-releases of Super Mario and Wave Race. I think those were also JP exclusives?
yes they were.

breeding_fear
Member Avatar
Established Member
Really nice work! Well done!
:n64: EUR PAL Games: 111/239

CobraMJD
Member Avatar
Ex-Soldier 1st Class
Thanks for the list. I just started my N64 collection and bought 30 japanese games. I didnt play much but I can confirm that Mario Party and Tamagotchi 64 has internal memory (saves on cartridge).
Posted Image
:n64: Posted Image: 3/296
:n64: Posted Image: 30/198
:n64: Posted Image: 2/???

SoloJones64
Established Member
:cussfit: I wish I'd had this a few years ago lol

CobraMJD
Member Avatar
Ex-Soldier 1st Class