Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Game Reference Database; Quick Reference Guide to Peripheral Compatibility and Other Game Info
Topic Started: Mar 15 2016, 01:32 PM (1,659 Views)
TofuJunky87
Member Avatar
Do you tofu?
Welcome to the :n64: 64 Game Reference Database!

This database is helpful for those who wish to have access to a quick reference guide of game info and peripheral compatibility such as player counts, various pak requirements (rumble, expansion, transfer, memory), and even handy knowledge on cartridge variants (color and label) and dual controller play schemes!

Help us complete this table by posting information on the titles you own! See below the tabs for details.

**UPDATED: March 15, 2016, POST #: 6**

#

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z

*NFR = ”Not For Resale” on front cart label
**Demo Only-NFR = ”Demo Only, Not For Resale” on front cart label
***NFRS = “Not For Resale” sticker on rear of cart ONLY

This list has been a labor of love since I started collecting. I found such a list useful to have when hosting N64 parties so I would have a quick reference for which games had numbers of player’s limits, used rumble paks, memory paks or cartridge memory, expansion paks, and so on. Over time, the list grew to every 64 title and also includes things like color and label variations for collecting purposes.

I thought I would share it so others can use it, but I need your help!

This list, as you can see, is not fully populated yet as I don’t have access to everything. This is where all of you come in. If you own games on this list, and you see either a “?” in one of the boxes, or just want to verify the validity of the information, feel free to check it against the copy you own and post below with any updates, whether they are to correct wrong information in the list or to help fill empty boxes. With all of your help, we will be able to finish this list so we can all have a great reference guide for our games!

As the OP, I will check back often and update the list based on user’s posts, and then indicate at the top of the table when the table was last updated (date, post #).

:read: ATTENTION: If you wish to offer information on titles, please only do so either from your own game or from other reliable sources. DO NOT offer information from sources like Wikipedia, as it is frequently incorrect (i.e. # of players that games can have on Wikipedia is incorrect for many titles).

Thanks!

-Tofu
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TofuJunky87
Member Avatar
Do you tofu?
@italia
You have some great observations, italia. To be honest, I focused less on exacting the titles used for each game, and rather focused on making sure they were alphabetical in nature, or at least made sense as far as alphabetical is concerned (i.e. The World is Not Enough is under W, and The Legend of Zelda is under L, and so on). With JP exclusives, or games with multiple names in different regions (Beetle Adventure vs. HSV), it gets even trickier.

To be honest, I just wanted the content to highlight the compatibility characteristics of each title, as well as a few other things such as # of players.

I probably won't go through and correct title names unless something is misspelled or out of place, just because of how many hours it took to compile and code the table for this. But it sounds like that could be a germ of an idea for another thread on title names?

@danilochka

I updated the Re-releases of Super Mario and Wave Race. I think those were also JP exclusives?

I also updated Micro Machines but I'll wait on Shadowman for verification.

Regarding the cart variant column, I didn't think about categorizing cart variants with regions. I supposed I could put the regions in parenthesis next to the variant, but I wouldn't know where to start on that since I only have global variant information, not regional...
Edited by TofuJunky87, Mar 15 2016, 05:18 PM.
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply