Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Can anyone tell me about the hello mac plush?
Topic Started: Apr 10 2016, 03:19 AM (508 Views)
magicmikey08
I recently acquired (from a member on here) the hello mac plush.

I can't find anything about him online.

I'm wondering where and when he was sold?
Was he just a normal purchase?
How many more are out there?

Any body have any info, google brings up literally nothing.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
It was for sell in an hello mac store all I know.. has NOTHING in common with that controller but it's pretty neat tho.

it was sold for 500 usd 3 years ago to a forum member including the controller.

that forum member stopped collecting sold it to one other collector that I don`t know it's name, so lets say nr2.

nr2 posted it what the value are. and resold it for 600ish with the controller to a customer called nr3

and I think was that forum member you bought it from, and I`m not sure but I think you want to sell it to a friend of mine? (small world huh..)

and now I see it again lol

PS: Toys R Us also had one with a giraffe..
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

magicmikey08
Hey Vinyl, thanks for the info. He's not for sale I'm afraid! Just really want to know where he came from and why I can't find any info about him at all. There must be more somewhere? Do you know who had him first?

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Hi,

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but like Vinyl said. It was sold in Hello Mac Stores in Japan and it is very likely that there are thousands of them considering there were over 500 Hello Mac Stores. It is just not the "typical" item that finds its way to the west.

If u want to know more about the Hello Mac stores in general you can check my history on it HERE
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!

magicmikey08
But how do you explain the lack of photos / info online? Someone must know something about them?

magicmikey08
bump

SoloJones64
Established Member
yeah This one as far as i know wasn't associated with the controller. However, there is a giant geoffrey plush that is apparently associated with the controller that my buddy bought from the juice.

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
magicmikey08
Apr 10 2016, 10:09 AM
But how do you explain the lack of photos / info online? Someone must know something about them?
I think the lack of info online is because you are searching sites that are in English. Since the plush was a japanese only item, you'd have better luck searching Japanese websites for him, although, I don't think you'd find much. It would be comparable to the Taco Bell dog plush, just a mascot of a store turned into a plush.

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Cool thread!

Can someone find me a pic of the GEOFFREY plush?
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SoloJones64
Established Member
No64DD
Jun 18 2016, 10:40 AM
Cool thread!

Can someone find me a pic of the GEOFFREY plush?
Here you go

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Thanks Solo,
I remember seeing this duo a long time ago, but now i am sure.

Do you see the logo on it's foot?

The company didn't start using this logo style on it's exclusive items until the mid 2000's.
If this Geoffrey plush was even closely related to the controller, the "R" in the logo would be like this:

Posted Image

I'm not trying to intentionally discredit anyone, because i believe when this combo was originally being sold, theJuice401 added it just as a bonus.

This plush is fairly current and can still be found online.
Edited by No64DD, Jun 20 2016, 04:22 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SoloJones64
Established Member
No64DD
Jun 19 2016, 06:12 PM
Thanks Solo,
I remember seeing this duo a long time ago, but now i am sure.

Do you see the logo on it's foot?

The company didn't start using this logo style on it's exclusive items until the mid 2000's.
If this Geoffrey plush was even closely related to the controller, the "R" in the logo would be like this.

Posted Image

I'm not trying to intentionally discredit anyone, because i believe when this combo was originally being sold, theJuice401 added it just as a bonus.

This plush is fairly current and can still be found online.
if that is true then the juice lied to him. he told him it was the only one to ever show up.
I see plushes that are similar but none like this one. The r on the foot looks the same as the R in the logo to me. Im not sure exactly where the differences lie.
Edited by SoloJones64, Jun 19 2016, 09:17 PM.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Current logo
Posted Image

See the difference now?
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SoloJones64
Established Member
Oh ok yeah for sure. I was thinking you were saying something else.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Well, i'll correct what i said earlier...
Compared to similar plush online, it is bigger! Making it uncommon at the least, and would have value.
But it also does have the "star pelt pattern" consistant with the newer Geoffrey mascot.

What can i say, i know my toys and backwards R's. :P
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

magicmikey08
Still looking for info on Mac...

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »