Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Is Nintendo losing it?; Discussion- not a criticism thread
Topic Started: Apr 12 2016, 09:34 PM (1,525 Views)
Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Nintendo just need to bring back the N64 don't they really lets be honest.

Aztec on 00 is definitely one of the trickier levels. Love the Jaws glitch though...

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Milage007, Apr 21 2016, 02:20 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

action
Milage007
Apr 21 2016, 02:20 PM
Nintendo just need to bring back the N64 don't they really lets be honest.

or even better, just play the N64 altogether :P

honestly, the SNES, N64 and NGC are legends that can't possibly be topped. tell me, has any game ever beat the moment when you first played goldeneye, when you first played the dam level? Was any game made with more love than banjo kazooie? did any game even come close at capturing the awe inspiring feeling when you first entered hyrule field in OOT? not to me. i've stopped wishing for a new console that could reach those levels. not worth the time, not worth the dissapointment. now, on to another round of ridge racer 64 8)

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Here, here action!

As I said earlier, all the best games were made by 2001.

I remember the feel like of finally beating all the levels on 00 Agent, or finally unlocking Invincibility or unlocking all the cheats.
Those were real achievements and felt like something.
New consoles need to tell you you have unlocked so called achievements to try and come close.

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
Just reread this thread. Some brilliant points in here!

What many of you say, is that the N64 was amazing, and they lost you after that. There is no PS2 Forever, even though it's 16 years old. For all of Nintendo's competition, there is no other source as good as N64 Forever, and I think that really says something about

Modern Nintendo

Other video game companies

This really shows how revolutionary, how ground-breaking, the N64 truly was.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
It does indeed Bam!

But for sure the N64 took gaming in to all sorts of new directions and it is for that we owe all due respect to.

I'm so glad I was a part of it back in the day and still now.

:n64: Foreverrrrr!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Karsty5
Member Avatar
The GCN guy
Yeah, the N64 is truly awesome.

With Star Fox Zero, even some formulas get old, and I definitely do not want to see the Star Fox formula go that same route.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7OLL-vIfr4bMQhasZ6a1A - My YouTube Channel
Posted Image

Kamikaze
Just a quick thought I want to put out here;
With the NX planned spring 2017 and ZeldaU delayed and moved to be an early NX title, the WiiU is the second console to not have its own Zelda game, next to the virtual boy.

Yes, the WiiU had Windwaker HD and Twilight Princess HD, but those are just remasters of old classics. And then there is Hyrule Warriors. It's a fun and good game, but it's not worthy to be mentioned as a "classic" Zelda game.
Kinda sad :(

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
If it doesn't have a Zelda game it's not a real Nintendo console.

I would have bought a Wii U instantly as soon as they dropped a Zelda game.
Having said that, quality over quantity, no need to rush them.
I'll have it when it's ready 😎.😊

...oh yeah, I beat Aztec and Egyptian was easy once I remembered the path to the Golden Gun.
Edited by D.J Cat, Apr 29 2016, 06:05 AM.

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
Mighty Zelda 9
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
The Wii U is getting the Zelda game, it just won't be only for the Wii U. I'm still planning on getting a Wii U once Zelda comes out next year.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Bamboozled
Apr 29 2016, 05:58 AM
Mighty Zelda 9
Oh, snap! Let's not forget that debacle (Might No. 9) is across ALL PLATFORMS. I have ZERO confidence that one will ever be released (particular on a Big N console), but Zelda will certainly be.

Sometime I wonder if these pundits have any Wii U games. If they did, they'd see the other side of it.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Kamikaze
The Red Shadow
Apr 29 2016, 06:21 AM
The Wii U is getting the Zelda game, it just won't be only for the Wii U. I'm still planning on getting a Wii U once Zelda comes out next year.
I don't have high hopes tbh. With so many delays I can see the Big N dropping the U version all together and just releasing the NX one.
But we have to wait to see...

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
I kind of hope that Zelda for the U gets dropped and they focus everything on the NX to make it as big of a success as possible. Nintendo needs it.
Edited by sublime1996525, Apr 30 2016, 10:05 PM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'd be for that, sublime, if the NX is Wii U backwards compatible. I held off on getting a Wii U because I wanted to make sure Zelda came out for it but I already own another Wii U game and I want to play it as well. But I don't want to buy two consoles. I do want the NX to be successful for Nintendo and I hope it can compete with the competition.

dexus
Member Avatar
I think Nintendo as a company will stay on for a long time, think about it, Nintendo was founded in year 1889!
They are going to find their way I'm sure, but how it will look I have no idea.

Just look at the app they released, big hit among common folk. Imagine if they were to port any Super Mario to an app and price it $1, they could generate a massive cash-flow if they continue that path. As for the consoles.. I seriously don't know being 3rd don't mean its a failure if they profit from it.

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Curious if stinger still holds to his initial comments post-Switch ;)

Sadly I think the newest system is when Nintendo finally lost it for me - I won't deny that Nintendo's still a great company and making great games, but stinger's comments about all the wii accessories are the same way I feel about the joy-cons now. It could also be some issues with Wii U (and specifically Sm4sh) burnout though, since I spent more of my own money on stuff for that console than any before it. I'm learning to be more content with what I have instead of having to have the newest thing, and enjoying the simplicity of the 64 again.

I'm with dexus though. I don't think Nintendo's gonna completely die out anytime soon. They can release their classic games for a long time and bank off their timelessness.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

retro4ever
nintendo has totally won me back in 2017. what an incredible year it was. i think this rivals the year the N64 was released.

the nes classic, the snes classic, the switch.... everything shouts fan service.

i'm going to look past the artificial scarcity, since i think that horse has been beaten to death. but the quality of what was released is really mindblowing.

the switch pro controller is really, really awesome. the games go back to the hardcore nintendo roots. the switch itself looks awesome. and really, when was that last time we could say that about a nintendo console? black, sleek, fashionable, hardcore.

local multiplayer sessions on the go, now it will be really interesting to see where that goes. i have loved my street fighter II sessions at last summer's barbecues with friends. also, i love to gather with friends with switches, and have local wireless lan sessions, each with their own screen. all of this is not a gimmick, it's actually meaningfull.

the switch is getting third party support back, with doom, wolfenstein, skyrim, LA noire, fifa, NBA2K... baby steps for now, but a sign of good things to come. also, i dont believe switch is underpowered when doom looks so good.

and today, i'm picking up my snes classic. the good times just keep on coming.

welcome back, nintendo! (now, release that N64 classic please)

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
I wish the classic systems could be divorced from the artificial (or real for the benefit of the doubt) scarcity, but Nintendo seems to be getting past that so I'm back to being excited again for that.

My question is, how many people are like me that want to enjoy the classics without spending all the money on a newer system and virtual console? And is it worth it for Nintendo to produce more classic systems to satisfy that audience? I'd much rather have a separate classic system over switch VC anyway.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
ItalianBaptist
Sep 28 2017, 12:00 PM
Curious if stinger still holds to his initial comments post-Switch ;)

I still do, but perhaps with more reservation. I do think Breath of the Wild looks like a superb title. I would no doubt enjoy it. I like that it will have Skyrim, but having sunk 600 hours on across 2 consoles AND having been spoiled by mods, I don't know if it would excite me all that much.

I am far more curious about the Switch than I ever was about the Wii or Wii U. So I guess that is some improvement. Time will tell :yeah:

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
I'm a nintendo-homer, so, but even so, I'm floored by the amount of releases between now and Thanksgiving. Definitely a sign that the Wii U cloud (a dark period of months between quality releases) has lifted.

Personally, I've got Sine Mora, RedOut and Super Mario Odyssey all in quene for October. That's a very heavy month of new title purchases for me, so when my son asked about WWE 2K17 (available for XBox One on ebay for $17), I was not inclined to push WWE 2K18 on Switch this month at full retail. (I know, that's a BAD bluedog!)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
I think Switch is the system Nintendo needed, when they desperately needed it the most. Most of the young people I know either have a Switch, or look at it as something cool that they want. It delivers on the dream that many game fans have always had (I know I did), "I don't want to stop playing, I wish I could take this with me."

I remember thinking exactly that playing Super Mario Bros. as a kid when Mom would load us up to go to the store. Then the Gameboy came out, but it really only half delivered on that promise. The Switch literally and seamlessly lets you take your console with you anywhere you go.

So the games... I'm a Nintendo fan, so I've been super happy with what's come out, and jazzed about what's coming up. But the next thing the Switch needs is a major 3rd party success. I swear, most people won't care of the graphics are slightly scaled down, as long as they're in the same ballpark. The ability to take that experience with you trumps all that I think.

I hope it does well. We're coming closer and closer to a day when dedicated gaming devices are less and less relevant. And I'll be a little bit sad when we finally get there, but I guess then I can finally start working on my backlog.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
I know Yooka Laylee was suposed to a Switch version, is it still in work or was it ditched ? As a successor of Banjo-Kazooie series, I think it's fair to say that this game should have been on a Nintendo console first.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Still work in progress, the last update said the unity engine was to blame for the delay.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
It's easy to believe Nintendo is losing it but many of their decisions are made to remain profitable in the modern era of PC dominance and illegal emulation. Those undeniable realities are why the Nintendo of today is always chasing gimmicks and aiming their software at younger or more casual audiences.

Let's be honest, the last Nintendo console that could stand on its own was the SNES. After that you almost always needed another console or PC to fill in the gaps between Nintendo's brilliant first-party offerings.
Edited by Grizzmeister, Oct 3 2017, 06:59 AM.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
ItalianBaptist
Sep 28 2017, 12:00 PM
stinger's comments about all the wii accessories are the same way I feel about the joy-cons now.
I generally only use the joycons in handheld mode. I really love the Pro Controller both in TV mode and table top mode. I do use the joycons/motion control for ARMS . . .

. . . like Stinger's brother in law had for the Wii, I have a travel bag for the Switch . . . but I guarantee it's a LOT smaller, lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: