Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild; Wii U and Switch
Topic Started: Jun 14 2016, 11:31 AM (1,403 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Posted Image
:link: Nintendo has just shown off The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at E3 during its Treehouse Broadcast. Nintendo continues to stress the game's HUGE environment (and it certainly looks so), and interaction with the environment. The art style will surely be a topic of conversation. Nintendo says it is inspired by Japanese anime and a type of painting style called gwash (sp?) used in anime. To the rest of us, it may look like a more mature, less cartoon-y style of Windwaker's cell-shading. The stamina bar also returns.

The release date is March 2017, and apparently, it's coming to both the Wii U and the NX.

Early thoughts? Excited? :link:
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sanni
Member Avatar
Loving the art style. Seeing Hyrule in ruins really evokes some interesting emotions. And the march 2017 release gives me enough time to finally tackle Skyward Sword. :)

Hopefully it comes out for both Wii U and NX at the same exact time.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
So far, I love a lot of the things I'm seeing. Not sure if it's going to be a day one purchase like Pokemon Sun or Moon, but the changes I'm seeing seem to either be for the better or at least interesting to look at.

My friend, on the other hand, is a hardcore Legend of Zelda fan and absolutely adores the established Zelda formula that's been around since A Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time. When he saw the drastic changes this game was making, he said some things that I can't even repeat on this website. What I can say is he believes this single game will be the death of Zelda.

As you can probably tell, I don't agree with that one bit. Even if the game does end up being a disappointment, they could always go back to the series' tried and true formula to get things back on the ball. I doubt that will be necessary, though.
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
It does look to me a lot like a Monster Hunter / Xenoblade type experience, with the open world and the gazillion items and the non-linear gameplay. I prefer more linear game play, but I think that puts me in an ever shrinking minority. It does look extremely immersive (and world's better than anything I saw from UbiSoft yesterday).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
I'm pretty excited so far. The trailer didn't do the game justice I think. The trailer showed a lot of sweeping aerial shots and left the world looking big, but a little empty. The gameplay when you're actually on the ground exploring completely puts that fear to rest.

This looks like the Zelda a lot of people have been asking for. And I have to be honest, I'm a bit surprised Nintendo is giving it to us. Nintendo usually takes the line of, "I know you said you wanted this... but you REALLY wanted THIS, you just didn't know it."

I can see myself losing a lot of hours to this game.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
link ? photo ? video ?

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
I am so stoked for this game! So far it's looking pretty amazing. I just don't want to wait until next year for it.
Cabanon
Jun 14 2016, 04:05 PM
link ? photo ? video ?
Here you are sir
E3
Edited by sublime1996525, Jun 14 2016, 04:51 PM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
This is the only thing not coming to the PS4 that has me excited. This will be the Wii U system seller for me next year.

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
The Red Shadow
Jun 14 2016, 05:00 PM
This is the only thing not coming to the PS4 that has me excited. This will be the Wii U system seller for me next year.
I'm kind of hoping the NX wows me so I don't have to get a Wii you.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I would lean toward the NX myself if it was revealed that it was backwards compatible with Wii U games. I already own one Wii U game so I need to be able to play it, too. I doubt it will be, though, as they seem to be hinting at it using a different format other than optical discs.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I didnt watch any of the treehouse yesterday as when I'm looking forward to a game I like to know the basic information but try to stay away from "lets play the first hour" type videos, they spoil it for me. I know this is different but hours of new zelda gameplay is something I can wait to see for myself.

@BDR - I'm with you on the linear gameplay, definitely prefer it but I'm sure this will be a great zelda game.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Ok. I just watched the official e3 trailer, and 3 minutes of Treehouse Shrine of Trials gameplay...

My body is ready to devote over 200 hours to this game!!

I think i want to play it on the NX. The game is beautiful!
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
No64DD
Jun 15 2016, 05:10 PM
Ok. I just watched the official e3 trailer, and 3 minutes of Treehouse Shrine of Trials gameplay...

My body is ready to devote over 200 hours to this game!!

I think i want to play it on the NX. The game is beautiful!
Word!!!! :link: I don't think I can wait 9 months.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I've conquered nearly every Nintendo console Zelda game %100, without help (except for Skyward Sword), and for the main ones it is always around the 100 hour mark. It's looks like Breath of the Wild is going to destroy that barrier!

I could care less from what aspects this game takes from whatever other console game(s) it resembles that stole from other Zelda games, and/or vice versa; is the Zelda game i've always wanted.

... hype sequence initiated. :link:
Edited by No64DD, Jun 15 2016, 06:41 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
gonna wait and see if there's a limited edition bundle like skyward sword.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
buddy1983
Jun 15 2016, 02:24 AM
I didnt watch any of the treehouse yesterday as when I'm looking forward to a game I like to know the basic information but try to stay away from "lets play the first hour" type videos, they spoil it for me. I know this is different but hours of new zelda gameplay is something I can wait to see for myself.

@BDR - I'm with you on the linear gameplay, definitely prefer it but I'm sure this will be a great zelda game.
Exactly!

It's a Zelda game.
Dont need any pictures or videos.
I know it will be good and will buy whatever console is required to play it.
Game, set and match.

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
The thing I really love is that it feels so much like the original NES game, fully realized.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
The cover art that Amazon has recently shown off has been added to Post #1. Drool . . . .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Looking at what it might look like says quite a lot. For any fan, a lot can be said about the title itself.

Breath of the Wild carries substance! Proof can be seen from what we already know, but Zelda titles aren't always this fitting. The wording couldn't be more perfect, and it should symbolize yet another Zelda turning point that is coming our way.

@Kartmaster, i like what you are saying about the bigger picture with this game, and would take that a step further.
From what i've seen, it keeps reminding me of these classic development shots from Zelda 64:

Posted Image
Posted Image
As big as Ocarina of Time was, i still remember seeing these in awe and dissapointment when the game took a different direction.
It looks like even lost elements from Nintendo 64 are going to happen this time!
Edited by No64DD, Jun 21 2016, 03:20 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Finally had a really good, long look at the game other than just the trailer and small glances - it looks like everything I wanted and have been waiting for. The open world looks stunning - and we only got a small glimpse of the entire world anyways. The game is vastly different from previous recent Zelda games, and that isn't a bad thing. I just hope there is 6+ large dungeons.
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
So someone got an early copy of the Wii U version. The game is much improved over the E3 build, and much closer to the Switch version. It is locked at 720p vs the 900p docked Switch resolution.

It does see some framerate drops when a lot of action is on screen, but nothing below 20FPS. Looks to be a solid version overall.

On the bad side, it has no GamePad functionality other than Off-TV Play; in game the screen is black with a "Tap Here to Play on the GamePad" icon displayed.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
That sucks, having gamepad options is always good. Looking forward to this one :)
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I keep seeing trailers and such for Horizon: Zero Dawn, which sounds like a new smartphone.

This is obviously a blatant rip-off of Breath of the Wild.

It's 2017, when has it ever worked out going against a Zelda game before?
I haven't played either, but why do the heads that greenlight these clone projects think it's still a good idea??

Cringeworthy. :-X
Edited by No64DD, Mar 3 2017, 01:03 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
No64DD
Mar 3 2017, 10:47 AM
I keep seeing trailers and such for Horizon: Zero Dawn, which sounds like a new smartphone.

This is obviously a blatant rip-off of Breath of the Wild.

It's 2017, when has it ever worked out going against a Zelda game before?
I haven't played either, but why do the heads that greenlight these clone projects think it's still a good idea??

Cringeworthy. :-X
Horizon: Zero Dawn is a critically lauded game where (from what I hear) you play as a female protagonist hunting giant robot dinosaurs in your quest to uncover the mystery of what brought the world to the (post-apocalyptic?) state it currently is in. From what I recall/gather, it began development and was announced well before Breath of the Wild.
You could call it a "clone" of BotW in that:

• It's a video game
  • It has an open world
  • One of the weapons is a bow (?) - Even though I own both, I've not played either game, so this is an assumption
  • The protagonist has two eyes, two ears, a nose, a mouth, and 4 limbs
I struggle to see what there is to cringe about... let's keep an open mind about things and not blindly dismiss anything through sheer ignorance. :yeah:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I guess it was the similar gameplay and comparitive screenshots seen from the heavy advertising that made me cringe.

I didn't realize that HZD took 6 years to develop, so games like that should always be good!
It just doesn't seem like my cup of tea.
Don't mind me, i just needed to vent a little.
I didn't get a Switch today like i would've wanted, and don't mean to offend true PS4 gamers.

Go Zelda! :link:

Edited by No64DD, Mar 3 2017, 05:08 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
I actually like the new Zelda game...when I played the beta in September, it was really different at some point. looks great, love the zelda OOT 'story' and gives a good feeling,
at some points the game loses a few frames though.. (monsters+tall grass+lights and shadow makes it a bit hard for the switch)

there is only 1 thing that really.. really REALLY bothers me..
I care about looks, it's awesome to have a bad :donkey: sword/armor/shield and all combined..

what troubles me is: everything, breaks... so I love my.. but when it breaks.. it's gone..
I read that only the Master sword/shield are the only items that won`t break

unless later in the game there is like a 'blacksmith' that gives 100000% more durability to the items? I dunno
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
So far I'm really enjoying it. It's a very different feeling than prior games, but familiar at the same time.

And it's much more compelling than most open world games.

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
I'm liking it so far.

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
I am extremely enjoying every minute of it, so much shrines to explore, different battles to mix things up, unexpected mini-boss battles and so much to explore.
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image

Kamikaze
Same here. I did my best to avoid all the hype amd jump in as blank as possible, and I like it. The open world and cooking somehow really add something to the game.
Only downside is the fact everything breaks, specially weapons (swords, spears). We play and use low level items, just because they WILL break and we do not want to loose that awesome better sword...

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: