Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NUS-Man checking in; New to Forever, old to N64
Topic Started: Jul 4 2016, 01:09 PM (321 Views)
NUS-Man
Member Avatar
Established Member
I really should have joined sooner, oh well. Been a fan of the N64 since the early 2000s, got my own N64 in the summer of 2006, crazy to think it's been 10 years since then, yikes.

At this point, all I'd really like a 64DD. Loose is fine with me, don't really care for the Randnet-specific things.

I'm also known as HVC-Man at Famicom World, in case anyone reading this is from there.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NUS-Man
Member Avatar
Established Member
Thanks guys, great to be here finally. Yeah I've noticed 64DD anything is very rare, I'll just pony up for a loose deck off eBay I think.

For Famicom, I just have an original unit with the composite mod, an AV Famicom, an Everdrive and some cartridges. I think I like the original Famicom the best, great controllers and that red/white color palette is actually quite pretty. I've had an FDS before, but I never seem to find much to play on it. For now the Everdrive suits me fine. Maybe I'll try the new FDS Stick, I hear it's very good.
Edited by NUS-Man, Jul 5 2016, 11:44 AM.

NUS-Man
Member Avatar
Established Member
Well, I drummed up the nerve and bought a 64DD. This is now the most expensive hardware I've ever bought. Oh well, pretty exciting nonetheless, now for the ridiculous delay thanks to Canada Post.

Right now I'm playing through JPN Ocarina of Time for extra challenge. I've previously beaten JPN Majora's Mask with almost everything collected, all except one heart piece which I think is the fault of a bug.

NUS-Man
Member Avatar
Established Member
I fully intend to grab the Mario Artists, for sure Paint and Polygon. I've always loved Mario Paint, one day I will be able to check out its sequel, very excited. I have already secured a cheap copy of Doshin the Giant, I guess you can't experience the 64DD completely without it.

My want list is currently:

F-Zero X Expansion Kit
Mario Artist: Paint Studio
Mario Artist: Polygon Studio
Mario Artist: Talent Studio
SimCity 64

Maybe Communication Kit, but it doesn't sound like much of a game. Japan Pro Golf Tour 64 and Doshin 2 are way too expensive for me, not that Doshin 2 sounds very fun. Golf is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, so it's a bit unfortunate that JPGT64 is so expensive.

NUS-Man
Member Avatar
Established Member
Most sources say it's because Golf Tour and Doshin 2 were retail-only releases right near the end of the 64DD's support. The retail 64DD system is also apparently very rare for the same reason.

The console I bought didn't have a pic of the serial, so I'll add it to the serial thread once I have it.
Edited by NUS-Man, Jul 7 2016, 06:03 PM.

NUS-Man
Member Avatar
Established Member
It's tough to beat 64DD.net for info though, only now do I really miss that site. I don't see why KR155e couldn't just leave the site up and just close the forum.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Welcome and Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply