Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Top Gear Overdrive; July Game of the Month
Topic Started: Jul 5 2016, 11:24 AM (376 Views)
italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Top Gear Overdrive is a good game, nothing special but definitely not bad. Graphically is good, especially in hi-res, but it's not very detailed. It wants be realistic but the colours are unrealistic and there aren't convincing particular effects. The sense of speed with the last cars is great.
The OST has its moment.
The game is too short/easy, I had some problems just with some races, the learning curve is not rewarding like Top Gear Rally for instance. Once you quickly learn how to drive, you win (wich means arrive at least 4th in every race). Some replay value is given by unlock hidden cars (like a Taco-car haha).
Controls are very good and responsive. Kudos for the 4 player mode.

I don't want to spoiler but racing in the last track worth the time spent in beating the game ;-)
PS Top Gear Rally 2, even if it's very different, is a better game. It's more deep, original and challenging.
Edited by italia64, Jul 5 2016, 06:42 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply