Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
US version of the 64DD was found..
Topic Started: Jul 13 2016, 08:27 AM (2,436 Views)
Disco_Stu
Member Avatar
Just like the title says: A real US version of the 64DD was found by a collector in the Seattle area. He posted a thread about it over at assemblergames including pictures. Nothing is really clear about it right now but I thought it could be an interesting information for our 64DD section.

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/found-us-version-of-n64-64dd.62294/

The system features an English BIOS and a different sticker on the bottom than the retail DDs. It features the "old" name "Nintendo 64 DISK DRIVE" instead of "64DD". Also the serial number is a bit odd as it starts with "NDJ" instead of "DJ". Its full serial is "NDJ 80000222", maybe also interesting for the 64DD Serial Number Inventory.

The owner said that he will post a video soon...
Stu
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
heavyxfriends
Member Avatar
Established Member
An interesting update, I'd be really interested to see if anyone produces any blue discs.

Disco_Stu
Member Avatar
As far as I know the dev DDs that have the IPL inlcuded and can boot blue disks without the Partner N or IPL disk cartridge are not that uncommon as stated in the video - but this is definitely the first one I've seen on video and the first whichs IPL got dumped :dance:

Luigiblood is currently in contact with someone who claims to have a red DD disk. :blink: Hopefully this is real and not just somebody trolling us >_>
Stu

Dewalt
Member Avatar
How terrible was the follow up video metaljesusrocks did with the DD and blue disk. 16 mins of we found nothing.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
@Disco_Stu, a Red disk!?

I still wonder how the admin of Assembler would mistake the supposed supply of the units he has with the USN64DD, when the most obvious feature is the Teal labeling that encompasses the front of this item!
Honestly.
That said, i enjoyed the time and effort put into by these people and the video in general. I also understand and respect the opinions of our members here that disagree with YouTube and YouTube celebrities. I do.

After 20 years, i can't help but want better answers than more questions.

Edited by No64DD, Sep 22 2016, 07:57 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Disco_Stu
Member Avatar
One user was reporting in the comments of MJRs video that his friend has some blue and one red DD disk:

Quote:

Bob Jones
My bro has three 64DD disks, two blue and one of them is RED. No labels, picked up from an industry friend years ago. Never tried plugging them into anything, he doesn't prize them, thinks they're cool junk, Nintendo oddities. I have just googled red disks and not found evidence of any others existing?

Another user confirmed the red disk:

Quote:

Cristina Ramos
The red ones were the ones used by test kits, the kind used by testers or press when reviewing games not released, betas and such.

By "test kits" she means the blue dev DD. I think they are just trolling us as no one answers any question about the red disks... If they do exist and were used for press reviews we would already have certainly seen them...

Luigiblood is trying to get in touch with them but without success
Edited by Disco_Stu, Sep 23 2016, 01:28 AM.
Stu

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Wow!
And who better than Luigiblood to unlock what is on these disks? People seem to be holding on to their disks tight!

I really hope the message of MJR's video and their efforts one day uncover the whereabouts of Ultimate War- a game that was playable to the public at one time, and most likely reviewed by press. (in Japan)
It nearly made it to a release and can be seen in release brochures for Randnet/64DD.

One can only hope. :yeah:
Edited by No64DD, Sep 23 2016, 05:09 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

LuigiBlood
Member Avatar
Well I still wish I had talked to these people but I'm not that lucky D:

That said if any of you have info on blue disks (or red disks, if those exists), let me know.

windydoom
I hope we can find out a lot more about this

darkado
Member Avatar
I hope someone less nooby than MJR and his crew finds one.

« Previous Topic · N64DD · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: