Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Mini-NES
Topic Started: Jul 14 2016, 08:01 AM (1,251 Views)
The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Nintendo announced the Mini-NES, a NES pre-installed with 30 classic NES titles and sadly without the ability to play any other NES games. Anyone interested? At $60 I'm not so sure I'd go after it but if it was a SNES, even with pre-installed games, I might change my mind.

The Mini-NES w/30 pre-installed classics

EDIT: Btw, it connects to your TV with a HDMI cable so I assume that means it'll look great on modern TVs.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Jul 14 2016, 08:02 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
I saw it and love everything about it . . . right down to the new old school controller.

I might bite because it's so cool, and to attach to a second TV somewhere. Great to see Nintendo make such an offering.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

CobraMJD
Member Avatar
Ex-Soldier 1st Class
I was ready to criticize, but after see the photo... its really a mini NES. xD That's in fact amazing! A little expensive by now, but I hope the price drops a little.
Posted Image
Edited by CobraMJD, Jul 14 2016, 10:25 AM.
Posted Image
:n64: Posted Image: 3/296
:n64: Posted Image: 30/198
:n64: Posted Image: 2/???

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
This is awesome news because we are now one step closer to getting a new mini N64 with a new controller! :n64:
Posted Image

CobraMJD
Member Avatar
Ex-Soldier 1st Class
Shangyou
Jul 14 2016, 10:18 AM
This is awesome news because we are now one step closer to getting a new mini N64 with a new controller! :n64:
Now I can visualize a whole new mini consoles collection!
:w00t:
Posted Image
Posted Image

KnightlyGaming
Member Avatar
I think it's cool but feel it is more targeted towards people who used to play on a NES but don't want to go full collector in terms of buying a bunch of old games and the console. Probably just for people who want to plug and play a bunch of classic games
Posted Image

CobraMJD
Member Avatar
Ex-Soldier 1st Class
KnightlyGaming
Jul 14 2016, 10:51 AM
I think it's cool but feel it is more targeted towards people who used to play on a NES but don't want to go full collector in terms of buying a bunch of old games and the console. Probably just for people who want to plug and play a bunch of classic games
Dont you think an official functional miniature NES will attract collectors as well?
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
are these 30 games already available in the Virtual Console ?

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
And now it's coming full circle...

Nintendo Wii U -> Wee Nintendo for You

Count me in, for a bucket of WANT NOW. :w00t:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
It's adorable and I'll buy one... but...

They missed the opportunity to sell me a $30 mini NES and no less than ten mini game carts at $19 each.
Edited by kartmaster, Jul 14 2016, 07:39 PM.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I really like the idea and the games included are pretty decent too. I will pick one of these up if I can get it for a decent price, it can sit under the TV in the living room and educate the children :-)
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I'll get one since I don't own a NES anymore. Think the idea is great. Shame they haven't got Turtles and Paperboy on there - two of my favourite NES games. But it will still be an interesting piece all the same.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I wonder if they will be hackible so new games can be added.
Edited by buddy1983, Jul 25 2016, 06:32 AM.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Cabanon
Elite
unless they can turn the controller port in some usb input/port, I don't think so.

Karsty5
Member Avatar
The GCN guy
I probably will not buy this, as I have a real system. Some of the games on there I can't find on a cartridge, though, so there's a reason to buy one...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7OLL-vIfr4bMQhasZ6a1A - My YouTube Channel
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
I am concerned that Tecmo Bowl will not have the real player names. The VC version apparently does not. Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl is a legendary character . . . not seeing TOUCHDOWN BO JACKSON would just be so lame.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

CobraMJD
Member Avatar
Ex-Soldier 1st Class
bluedogrulez
Jul 27 2016, 08:18 AM
I am concerned that Tecmo Bowl will not have the real player names. The VC version apparently does not. Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl is a legendary character . . . not seeing TOUCHDOWN BO JACKSON would just be so lame.
These licenses always expiring... :read: :capice:
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Who's picking one up Friday? No pre-orders and I'm stucking working. I have a friend who's going to Gamestop for me when they open, but I have a sneaky feeling I won't get one and these will be sold out until next year....
Posted Image
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
This is a weird one... Toys 'R' Us and Target both opened up - and quickly sold out of - their pre-orders (which they put up apparently by mistake) a while ago, and I heard Target even cancelled some of their pre-orders. My pre-order from Target hasn't been cancelled (yet)... but it's weird how none of the other big retailers are able to open up pre-orders for a seemingly hot item... meaning these will either be extremely hard to find until next year, or readily available everywhere. Probably the former, but hopefully the latter... :unsure:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Someone said they spoke with a GameStop manager, and that they expect two (yes, TWO) units per store.

I wouldn't expect to find them readily for a while. I've already decided to just get more carts for my NES.

Cabanon
Elite
no store have their pre-order open. even worse, no store has even a page at all ! Nintendo at it again, very limited supply for a very very hot item. boooo

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I wonder how fast these will go from being hot items to being cheap things that fill up flea markets and game stores. That's not me insulting the mini by the way, I think it's one of the best looking flashback systems yet especially since it has save states built in which will really help people going back to some of these games. I just wonder how fast people will get bored of it and want to sell it off like what happens with all these flashback consoles. My local retro store has debated how many they should take in because they don't want to accidently get a surplus of them then not be able to sell them off.

Also I can't believe it doesn't have Contra. Konami is evil.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
My Walmart store received a case of 6. We weren't even sure we would be carrying it but apparently we'll have a handful for release. I want it to do well because I want Nintendo to greenlight a SNES Classic Edition.

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Shellshocker18
Nov 7 2016, 06:09 PM
I wonder how fast these will go from being hot items to being cheap things that fill up flea markets and game stores. That's not me insulting the mini by the way, I think it's one of the best looking flashback systems yet especially since it has save states built in which will really help people going back to some of these games. I just wonder how fast people will get bored of it and want to sell it off like what happens with all these flashback consoles. My local retro store has debated how many they should take in because they don't want to accidently get a surplus of them then not be able to sell them off.

Also I can't believe it doesn't have Contra. Konami is evil.
Evil, or did they just lose the source code?

floorcat
Member Avatar
Relief!! ^_^

Posted Image

(At least on this minuscule level... in face of the deep anxiety/fear of tonight's results...) :unsure:

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Haha some little compensation eh Floorcat. Let us know what it is like when you get it. :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Kamikaze
I've already seen the second hand market ask a 100 to 150 each on these. Some with (legit) bids.

I wasn't planning on buying one soon, but this sucks for those who want it badly

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
No dice. I was at Gamestop right before they were scheduled to open, but apparently they opened early and sold the six units they received.

Oh well. They'll make more... Someday.

Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@kart: opened early?!? The fix was in!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
All 6 that my store had sold at midnight when they officially became available. Everywhere else in town who was selling them sold out as well. I'm hearing they are already selling for outrageous prices on eBay and other reselling avenues. :blink:

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: