Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Mini-NES
Topic Started: Jul 14 2016, 08:01 AM (1,453 Views)
The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Nintendo of America's already said they'll be shipping tons more units as the year continues.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Red, are you telling me that a Walmart got only 6 units?!? I get it with gamestop; smaller stores, tighter inventory control. But the mighty (and voluminous) Walmart was allocated only 6?!? That is mind-blowing.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Because why? Because Nintendo.

Because Nintendo loves artifical scarcity. :facepalm:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Nintendo does create plenty of foreseeable scarcity and does so at the cost of forgoing profits....is it that afraid of deadstock, markdowns or dealer returns?!? Or do they skimp on market research so that they truly have no idea how well their products will be received beyond the "fanboy" base?!?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Has anyone watched the certain Youtube channels that got one early to unbox/review?
Even now after release, they all say the same thing. It's excruciating!

Edited by No64DD, Nov 12 2016, 05:58 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Sold out everywhere here too. Annoying on the game groups on Facebook you see people who have pre-ordered like 10 or something crazy to sell on. I can't believe people are paying well above the retail prices?!?! They're proving popular, they'll make more, and soon we can all have one and there will be an over supply.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
bluedogrulez
Nov 11 2016, 09:16 PM
Red, are you telling me that a Walmart got only 6 units?!? I get it with gamestop; smaller stores, tighter inventory control. But the mighty (and voluminous) Walmart was allocated only 6?!? That is mind-blowing.
Yep, all the local Walmarts in my town ended up with the same amount but Best Buy ended up with over 20. And they also sold out nearly immediately.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
If it weren't for "social media" (not as we know it, but as they know it), these things would be in every video game store on Earth right now.

At this point, i'd have to say that NMI- Nintendo Merchandising Incorporated, is a shell of it's former self.
It's a cool item, and i understood it's purpose 5 seconds after discovering it's existence. What new element is Nintendo giving the entire human race, that they already didn't know about what an NES with 30 games does?! Again? For the several consecutive time???

* Re-designed NES
* Gameboy Color ports
* GameBoy Advance ports
* Wii Virtual Console
* WiiU Virtual Console
Edited by No64DD, Nov 13 2016, 10:52 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
sounds like Wii all over again. very limited stock, always sold out, no idea when they come in and no idea how many. kind of depressing coming from a company that re-started the video game business. There's people at Nintendo that need to be fired. As if they don't know their market. wtf is wrong with these people !

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
@Cabanon

1) They probably under supply on purpose knowing they'll sell out, hoping more people think crap I can't get one. When you can't have something, sometimes, it kinda makes you want it more. Could just been a sales technique. They could be sat on quite a few of them - the next batch IS scheduled before Christmas I believe so could be this. Make people put it on their X'mas lists.

2) They under supply because yes they don't know their market. I guess something like this is hit and miss. Really, you do have to be careful because not everybody wants one of these or is even interested. None of my friends are or will be. It's just a few games from back in the day. To be honest only a few games on there with any nostalgic attachment (I'm gutted no Paperboy or Turtles).

I've noticed a lot of people pre ordered two of these one to play and one to keep sealed in the hope it will be worth a small fortune in the future. I have a feeling they won't be though. There will not be as much nostalgic attachment and collectibility to these as the original NES I predict.
Edited by Milage007, Nov 13 2016, 01:59 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Just pretending what it would be like if I were able to buy a mini NES.

Posted Image

Actually I was driving home on Friday trying to figure out why I was so angry about not getting one. Literally I have a real NES hooked up, ready to play at this very moment. I felt so petty and irrational.

So at this point I'll just wait. Not going to try to time another shipment, win the online click race, or pay extortionist prices. If I happen to see one on a shelf, I'll snatch it up.
Edited by kartmaster, Nov 14 2016, 08:42 PM.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
For those of you still hoping to score one of these at standard MSRP... Walmart.com will have these in stock at 2pm (PST) tomorrow... it will be the last day of their week-long availability of this stupidly, ARTIFICIALLY scarce item.

Just a warning from what I've witnessed... they go out of stock IMMEDIATELY. You need to log in and set up a payment method beforehand, and basically have your order submitted by 2:01pm (PST) to make sure you can score one. (You're not safe until AFTER you click the "Submit order" button!!) A fast internet connection would also be helpful. ;)

Posted Image
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I'm keen to buy one for my son who isn't even 1 yet. No rush here. I'll wait till they get an influx of stock next year and pick one up. Might even get one on special if I'm lucky.

I'm sure my son will appreciate this when he's just about ready to play games. What better way to introduce him to gaming than through the NES :yeah: :D and without having to pay through the nose for an actual console with those 30 games :facepalm:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
If anyone in the US is still looking for one of these, Best Buy has them in-stock, at the moment. May not last long!

[EDIT] Now sold out. >_>
Edited by floorcat, Feb 7 2017, 11:49 AM.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
That was quick! Thanks for posting, floorcat.

My appetite for the NES mini has really waned. Like kartmaster, I've got a functioning NES with all the games I want to play. I might have splurged at Christmas time, but now, it's all about saving gaming $$ for the Switch, and its few games and many accessories. Wonder if others are similarly minded....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Yeah, this ship has left the harbor for me. IF I saw one on a shelf... I'd buy it. But I literally don't know a single person who owns one of these things. That seems impossible to me. I know somebody who owns a DeLorean. But nobody that owns an NES Classic.
Edited by kartmaster, Feb 7 2017, 12:37 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Same Kart. All the flippers bought them all up over here and tried turning them over for up to three times what they paid. I've just remained patient, I'm in no rush to get one, but crikey, they are taking their time on restocking them near me.

Edit: I haven't been checking religiously though, as I said, I'm in no rush. Though perhaps I ought to be before they stop making them or something... <_<
Edited by Milage007, Feb 7 2017, 12:48 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Hey all last christmas I got a nes classic mini and right now, I am still enjoying the games. I recently mod my nes classic mini so now I can play most all nes games on the actual console itself except the zapper games.
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Actually found one in the wild. Local Walmart had 2 and I couldn't resist getting one, despite all my grumblings. Nintendo still got my money. Hopefully supply is catching up?

Posted Image
Edited by kartmaster, Feb 17 2017, 08:31 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
kartmaster
Feb 7 2017, 12:35 PM
I know somebody who owns a DeLorean. But nobody that owns an NES Classic.
Some owners are even doing Corvette LS engine swaps.
I would definately hold out for that!

Congrats on getting that mini. :yeah:
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@Kartmaster: Congrats! Yeah, between the shock of finding one and the curiosity about this little wonder, I would have probably bitten too. Excellent training for Kart, Jr.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: