Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Would you buy an N64 Mini?
Topic Started: Jul 19 2016, 08:15 AM (2,876 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
So Big N has announced a NES Mini, a itty-bitty NES miniature that has 30 (great!) games stored inside. No cartridge slot, not internet or external connectivity. And some official NES controllers that are Wiimote compatible.

It MAY come to pass that Nintendo puts out minis for all of its consoles. . . including the N64. Would you be interested in an N64 mini console? What about a Wiimote compatible N64 controller? Would you lose you mind if the controllers came out in multiple colors to challenge the notion of what a complete controller collection is?

Please share your thoughts!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@DDR: The NES controllers are IDENTICAL on the outside, but the cord ends with that funky wiimote plug-in, that the wii classic controller has. So the thought here is an IDENTICAL N64 controller with a different plug. But how many colors ?!?!? >:-]

I have to say that I'm inclined to by the NES controller even if I don't get the NES mini (1) because I'm a sucker for anything of that design, and (2) with the hope I can play VC games on my Wii and Wii U with it. (One controller included with the NES Mini, but Big N will also sell the controllers separately). The same would CERTAINLY go for a N64 controller to use on those systems without an expensive adaptoid or a Ralphnet creation.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@DaruniaDancing: keep your eyes open for some poor old CRTVs just sitting on a curb waiting for trash pickup. They deserve a new home!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Gotta love how Ninty improved upon the NES mini release by have 2 controllers with longer cords and an unreleased game that nearly justifies the purchase by itself.

I'm not sure I'll divert Switch funds to get one, but the SNES mini is more intriguing to me than the NES mini.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Cruis'n USA will be on it . . . and I will be the only one applauding that. 100% agree that Wave Race will make the cut . . . but will it have rumble support?!?? :w00t:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@deal: Well, there might be 15 obvious games, but there are far more excellent games on the N64. Our 64-Bit Review section is there to help folks find many excellent games that call the N64 home.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply