Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Would you buy an N64 Mini?
Topic Started: Jul 19 2016, 08:15 AM (2,055 Views)
Kamikaze
ItalianBaptist
Jun 29 2017, 06:16 PM
@Vaettur: I think you hit the nail on the head with the word "skeptic" in reference to these classic systems. The way the NES classic was handled can only be described as a debacle, and I don't want Nintendo to make the same mistakes again. But this 2017-only run for the snes mini bothers me.
A few days ago I found a different vieuw on this. The person stated Nintendo does not want you to have a Nintendo-mini in any form. They want the buzz around it, Nintendo "in general" feeling like it hot and sold out everywhere, so more people want it. The mini-series has plenty of short run profit, but Big N wants tobmove more expensive Switch consoles, specially with extra controllers and $60-each games. That's what they want. Note when the snes mini is releasing; holiday season. This way both the Mini and Switch will feel sold out and people will buy them massively and on impulse (before they think they will sell out again), the Switch that is, because minis are sold out.

Problem is, Nintendo has trouble stocking Switches as well at the moment.

On topic; I'd probably grab a N64mini and GC-mini, just to complete the sets and have a compact way of playing "on the go" (read; camping site and the like)
Edited by Kamikaze, Jun 30 2017, 03:42 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply