Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Would you buy an N64 Mini?
Topic Started: Jul 19 2016, 08:15 AM (2,148 Views)
Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
As above - I would definitely buy two! One to keep minty new, one to play. How about awesome new funtastic options as well? Or keep it simple and classy with the Charcoal. Interesting thought indeed. Agreed as above the control sticks would need to be of similar quality or better.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Yeah so I'll start the ball rolling: they would need Goldeneye / Perfect Dark for sure. Trouble is, would Rare allow it given they have been swallowed up by Microsoft... :-/
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
breeding_fear
Aug 6 2016, 04:09 AM
Do you think that the cartridges will lose ebay value when the games get a release on mini consoles?
Personally, I don't think so. Especially CIB. Given what is now a limited supply out there and more collectors entering the scene I don't see a dip in value anytime soon. Look at the Everdrive you can every single 64 game released AND all this other material like fan made Goldeneye etc, and yet prices are still hiking. Why? It's quite simple, the original, is the original, and I'm totally on that wagon I love having the original box and all of that.

I have come to the conclusion personally that I cannot collect every CIB game because I personally wouldn't want to pay top dollar for games that really wouldn't interest me at all. So I am thinking of getting an Everdrive to complement my 120 odd CIB games.

Regardless of the N64 library, Nintendo have sufficient awesome titles to do a re-boot of the N64 mini, but they may fear it will not be as successful if they cannot release the Rare titles which are many peoples favourites. I have to say I would be very disappointed not to see Goldeneye.
Edited by Milage007, Aug 7 2016, 02:14 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
It is tempting and will be interesting what games they do manage to secure. It will be less than 20 on the system I expect but I may be wrong. Which would be a tad disappointing considering one can only assume the price will increase again from the Snes Mini.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
@jonebone - I agree they won't make the cut but disagree with the potential logic I.e the demograph or target audience isn't kids really it's kids at 25 and upwards surely. As in those who played the thing in that era. But quite rightly, I agree, they won't want to seclude the younger audience and it will be at the cost of some of the better hitters.

I imagine Wave Race 64 would make the cut!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I have to get one of these if they do release one. As others have said, it hasn't grabbed me so much the others, mainly because I have the games I want on the Snes and NES Mini has some of my favourite games missing - Turtles, Paperboy etc so if I wanted to rekindle my love for this console, I would buy a retro one so I could play ALL my favourites. This combined with my reluctance to pay extortionate prices due to Nintendo mismatching supply and demand.

I really will need to get in early on the pre-orders but the amount of people ordering loads really makes it difficult.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
pilonium64
Jul 28 2017, 09:57 PM
No. Will not buy any of these " mini " versions of consoles. NES, SNES, N64, whatever for the following reasons.

1. Real HW > Anyform of reedition, bootleg, clone
2. They are selling you something that is already done for almost 20 Years: Emulation
3. Input lag, inherent to any form of emulation.

Just pick a second hand N64, loose carts of the titles you like the most and enjoy.

For me it's more about the collectability. I'll always be a fan of the original carts over emulation. I almost have a full PAL set as well so why wouldn't I use that. I guess the idea of the N64 Mini for me is 1) the collectability and 2) interesting to see what they do surrounding the controller. Also, 3) potentially, online multiplayer?

But yeah for actually enjoying the games, as ever, sticking with the originals.

Oh and 4) what if we get a game that was never released or an extra beta game.
Edited by Milage007, Jul 29 2017, 12:34 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply