Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Would you buy an N64 Mini?
Topic Started: Jul 19 2016, 08:15 AM (3,300 Views)
Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I wouldn't buy it but seeing Starfox 2 on the Snesmini it would be great to see Twelve Tales on the N64 mini. I know the odds of any Rare game outside of Dk64 is slim or none in the case of Goldeneye and Mickey Speedway (lol) but it's a pipedream. The whole N64 mini is going to be awkward without some of the Rare games. I'd be interested to see what third party stuff even made it to the N64mini.

Konami supported the other minis quite well but for N64? Hybrid Heaven and the sports games have no chance in hell. Castlevania? That would be awkward considering that game has a negative stigma in the series. Maybe the Goemon games? I recall Konami owns Bomberman so that's probably a good choice

I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns Sin and Punishment so that would probably be on there even though I doubt Mischief Makers would. Capcom may add Megaman64? Resident Evil 2 has a remake soon but I doubt that version would be added and Magical Tetris Challenge seems like it has no chance

I don't know most of the N64's best third party games came from companies that don't exist anymore or games that are so unknown they have no chance.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Milage007
Jun 27 2017, 12:45 PM
It is tempting and will be interesting what games they do manage to secure. It will be less than 20 on the system I expect but I may be wrong. Which would be a tad disappointing considering one can only assume the price will increase again from the Snes Mini.
That's a good point. I'm surprised the Snes mini got less games than the original Nes mini. 21 games for $80 is a lot. Meanwhile Sega can release consoles with 80 games for less than $50 with decent build quality. What is the N64 version going to charge extra for 4 controllers and possibly still only have 20 games with like 4 having multiplayer? I would never buy it but then again I realize this is more for an easy gift for people who haven't played in 15 years.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Jun 27 2017, 01:00 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply