Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Would you buy an N64 Mini?
Topic Started: Jul 19 2016, 08:15 AM (3,294 Views)
NzBoi
Member Avatar
I will (would) defiantly get one,It would be a shame to not have rare games but:

Mario Games (64, Tennis, Golf, Party, Paper)
DK
Zelda
Smash Bros
Pokemon stadum
Yoshi
Star Fox

It wouldn't even need third party games, but you can bet some great ones would be on there

The question of controllers is interesting, even if the do bundle it with 2 (a la the SNES Min) there would have to be support for up to four.
It would be amazing if they made it game cube style ports, but even if its the Wii mote style and even if there is only 2, they would at LEAST have to make some kind of multi tap available.

I have read that the SNES mini controllers cords are longer than the NES mini ones were

Anyway as i am guilty of collecting for the sake of collecting, i will get one to sit on the shelf and look pretty, even if it dosnt end up living up to expectations

All assuming they do one at all.... :yeah:
Edited by NzBoi, Jun 28 2017, 04:19 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NzBoi
Member Avatar
Vaettur
Jun 28 2017, 06:07 PM
I'm a bit skeptic when it comes to these minis. Aside from being a novelty item, foremost, it's just another easy cash-in for Nintendo, making us, the customers, pay yet again for the same games over and over again with each new console and now these mini's. Aside from that, it's quite expensive for a SoC and what's basically just a glorified emulator.

Also, I'm wondering if a N64 mini would actually make the cut. The system was far less popular and iconic compared to it's predecessors (even though some would say otherwise) and even nowadays (on even the most sophisticated computers), emulation of the N64 is difficult due to it's complicated hardware (even VC is not 100% stable when it comes to N64 games). There are some licensing issues for some of the most iconic titles too due to abandoned third-party developers. However, again, they could just do it for the cash-in, as people would probably buy it anyway.

That being said, if it WOULD come out, I'm definitely in for it due to my love for the N64.
As to games that would make the cut, i'd say;
- Super Mario 64
- Mario Kart 64
- F-zero X
- Ocarina of Time
- WaveRace
- Yoshi's Story
- Super Smash Bros.
- The first Goemon game
- Pilotwings
- Kirby 64
- 1080 Snowboarding
- Paper Mario

I'm wondering if they would do something similar as the Starfox2 inclusion, for the N64.
As there are to my knowledge no highly anticipated games that were cancelled just before release (don't say Mother3), probably it would be a localization of a popular NTSC-J title, if they would even do such a thing.
Nintendo would/could have produced and sold a lot more NES mini systems if it was just a cash grab, as the clearly make no money off the high secondary market.

Also its much more than just an emulator or you people would not buy them and just play emulators for free....
Edited by NzBoi, Jun 28 2017, 07:48 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply