Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Howdy
Topic Started: Aug 13 2016, 09:28 AM (341 Views)
LosTickaToeRest
Member Avatar
Hi!

2 years ago I got another N64 after my original died sometime around 2007 or so. I've gradually been collecting more games since then. I originally got one back in 1997, with Super Mario 64 and Clayfighter 63 1/3 (what a combination) and was with it 'til the end. It wasn't my first system by any means (I'd been with Nintendo since the NES days, went through about three Sega Genesiseseses, and already had a PS1 by then) so I know it's not wholly nostalgia like people around me are suggesting, since I'm not really compelled to go start recollecting games for those other systems I had. Something about the system was just really captivating, and still is. Something about the cartridge format and how they managed to fit so much stuff into these games while making them look and run better than disc systems is pretty awesome to me. They really pushed the limits of what they had. And now as a geeky adult I find it even more fascinating from a technical standpoint and have been learning more about the science behind gaming hardware from studying them. As well as the business side of things, with Nintendo's entirely different approach to developing, licensing and releasing things compared to the rest of that generation, and the different ways it both helped and hindered the console.

I played a lot of classics back in the day but there were also a lot of games I never got to try so I've been reliving memories as well as experiencing games I missed and digging up hidden gems. I dunno, modern games are good and well, I don't regret owning an Xbox One, but nobody I know gets the appeal of these simpler, pick-up-and-play games that don't require a reliable internet connection and a bunch of hard-drive space and paying twice the game's original cost in DLC to properly enjoy. I also have zero interest in online multiplayer and the huge focus being put on that nowadays has alienated me just a tad. So I honestly have been getting more use out of my N64 than anything else lately.

I had been posting on the N64 boards at a certain other popular generalized gaming site but there's not a lot of good discussion there (not that I really blame them, there just isn't a lot of interest in 20-year-old systems among the general population) but found my way here thanks to italia64.

Anyway, glad to be here, sorry for the rambling first post, but yeah. Just wanted to say hello!
Posted Image

http://www.last.fm/user/DToxico
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Quote:

I had been posting on the N64 boards at a certain other popular generalized gaming site but there's not a lot of good discussion there (not that I really blame them, there just isn't a lot of interest in 20-year-old systems among the general population) but found my way here thanks to italia64.

Well said. :yeah:

Welcome to Nintendo64Forever.com

Nice signature!
Edited by No64DD, Aug 13 2016, 03:20 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Yeah, I am also lovin the signature! Welcome aboard Los Tic, lots of good technical discussions and resources here
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Welcome to the site fella. You came to the right place here. I share your feelings to some degree with modern games. I have a PS4 and owning people on CoD is only fun for so long.

Edited by Milage007, Aug 13 2016, 03:19 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Rocky
Member Avatar
Welcome to the site! Look forward to having you here. :)
Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Welcome mate :mario:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

stinger9142