Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Another-nother Goldeneye Challenge
Topic Started: Sep 26 2016, 03:16 AM (1,003 Views)
MyBeefCakes
Member Avatar
Established Member
Hey all,

For the goldeneye goodies out there I have another challenge?

This time with a prize ;)

So on to the challenge:

Speedrun the following 3 levels on 00 Agent and post time for each and add time together:

Silo
Statue
Train

Note: Click links for images to times.

Times
Silo3.12 - D.J. Cat
3.02 - Milage007
3.27 - Shellshocker18
Statue2.48 - D.J. Cat
3.08 - MyBeefCakes
3.01 - Milage007
3.05 - Shellshocker18
Train3.01 - Milage007
3.13 - D.J. Cat
3.44 - Shellshocker18
Total9.04 - Milage007
10.02 - Shellshocker18

The winner will be the overall fatest time.

They will receive a secret prize (N64 Related) PM for shipping details.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the speedrun has to be completed on 00 Agent...
Edited by MyBeefCakes, Feb 9 2017, 06:54 AM.
NoPlaceLikeLocalHost
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I haven't, but I'll have to check it out.

Awesome what time did you get? There is one guy with a video on YouTube I just saw who totally owns my time and he isn't even using the C-buttons...

He finished in 1:30 region, but then it showed his PB at like 50 seconds... crazy :cussfit:

I guess the only real way to speedrun that level effectively is to use the mines to blast out multiple enemies like he does. In my defence he isn't doing live commentary which is harder than it looks lol...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
My time was 1:29.

I kind of feel like doing one and using over the top and non stop Aussie slang to explain what I am doing.
I use mines.
1-2 during the level allows 3 for the tanks if you place them well.. Yeah I gotta make more videos....😎

I don't want to watch vids of the super fast time, purely because I want to work out how to do it for myself.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
That is really good. Fair enough, very clever what he did. Did you ever see any of undercoverfilmer00v's videos? Man his 007 mode Goldeneye stunts were epic until he deleted his channel.

Improved Silo earlier. Got lucky shooting a guard with a grenade it totally whiped out about 8 guards and saved me a lot of seconds. It's bits of luck like that which makes all the difference.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Thanks again Mr Vader for pointing out the stats for us.

"Now then if you cast your eyes over here to the kill total..."

Posted Image

I love the oppurunistic grenade, but every time I got one I got nervous about making using it well and end up making a meal of it.
I love the term "like a bull at a gate"
That's how I play most shooters I think 🐂💨
Edited by D.J Cat, Oct 17 2016, 06:56 PM.

MyBeefCakes
Member Avatar
Established Member
Wow guys awesome, been trimming those seconds off. Been busy moving house here so finding the time has been a nightmare but I promise I will try to take you both on! :link:
NoPlaceLikeLocalHost

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
This is insane. Sub 3:00 must be possible I got stuck behind a door at one point.

Posted Image
Edited by Milage007, Oct 18 2016, 03:13 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Holy bloody crap!

Under 3 minutes is achievable in all 3 levels I reckon.
Now for work to calm down and myself to get more than 5 hours sleep one of these nights and give it a crack! 😎

That 3:02 is nuts!

I thought i nailed nearly everything in my 3:12 run!

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I don't think Train could be done sub 3:00 just too many enemies and too little health without body armor. I thought I'd done a good run with my train time, but sub 4:00 is probably doable with some good shooting.
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
It sure is do able!

Posted Image

Good training...🚄

Ahh, the joy of that level of Agent before you are good at the game and you find The Puppy (that's what we call the RCP-90) in the crates in the first carriage.

69 kills again!?

That's some kind of talent...
Edited by D.J Cat, Oct 20 2016, 10:51 AM.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Had a go on Statue earlier. First attempt below. Pretty poor but a starting point for me. 'Need to improve my line I think. The box also was a bit further away than it could have been although not as far as it can be from memory...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Pretty tired about now...
Keen to wake up tomorrow and stop being a STATUE and try and TRAIN myself to do some faster times...

And I can not think of a worthy Silo pun no matter how hard I think. 🤐

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Have a go at Train DJC I want to try get my time down on that but my motivation will only come if you manage to beat my time. Remember use some watch laser bolts to kill enemies quicker...

:yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Ah yep, I either uploaded or linked to the wrong pic there the other night...
So much tired posting this week.

Here's the train one I meant to post 😊

Posted Image

Photobucket is being unbelievably infuriating with pop ups lately...
I thought we were past a world with pop ups 🤕

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Nice DJC! I have to confess I did cheat in so much as that I watched a Train speedrun on YouTube, and as you expected, use of the watch laser is how you can zap your way through this level at speed.

Unfortunately, at least now, doing this is out of my league I kept on dieing well before in like carriage 2 or 3 all bar one attempt where I made it to the penultimate carriage so I guess it is just being cute and avoiding guards hitting you with shots. Anyway, giving up on this approach I decided to shoot my way as normal through the first few carriages and then switch to the watch laser for the next few. In doing so, I managed to get the time below on the first completed attempt using this approach.

Here's to more sleepless nights and destroyed joysticks trying to own Train.

Posted Image
Edited by Milage007, Oct 22 2016, 02:36 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Nice.

I've been trying to do Silo and Train faster, very frustrating though, pushing that line of running straight through and hoping not to get hit too much or stopping to shoot them.

Posted Image

Oh, I might upload a video...
The very start of it is the end of my 3:13 run.
Then it's like 7 minutes of absolute slop and me being frustrated and then a near perfect run (for what I can do anyway)which felt like it was going to be under 3 minutes and then me shooting Natalya at the end 😠
Doh!

EDIT: I might edit the video down or try and do a better one instead.
WATCH out, we are shooting through these levels like a LASER...
Edited by D.J Cat, Oct 22 2016, 03:57 AM.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Nice.

Get that video up I want to see your line. New time below. I can definitely get sub 3:00 I was a bit sloppy. The only way to get this sort of time is to literally run and laser watch the whole Train. I also had to use Solitaire button configuration.

Posted Image
Edited by Milage007, Oct 22 2016, 11:03 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Hot Dam!

Solitaire is the way to go anyway.
We actually changed to it years ago not only because you can play better with it but also to save the lifespan of our poor control sticks! 😆

Using D-Pad in any game that allows it has probably saved another 4-6 control sticks.
NBA Hangtime and Superstar Soccer come to mind. And Killer Instinct. It seems bizarre to me now the concept of even using the stick on those games now.

Anyway, on topic!

I got a 3:07, started using the watch laser at the 3rd carriage, anytime earlier that I started using it, I got absolutely slaughtered.
It's nice that any guards you don't deal with are easy to lay out as you are taking out the floor bolts just by looking up and zapping them at the door. 😎

Pressure is on now!
Time to BUNKER down!

EDIT: Sneaky edit instead of double post...
And now for a change of pace, here is Teeside TinTin..(many rude words and stuff, for those that need to be aware! 😮).

https://youtu.be/Bx7HzOK_AwU

Possibly the best episode old mate ever made, not just for the giant Goldeneye references!
"All I want is Goldneye!"
Edited by D.J Cat, Oct 23 2016, 10:54 AM.

MyBeefCakes
Member Avatar
Established Member
Been a while I know, sorry for the delay guys, just been finishing off a house move... But i'll be back on it tonight (hopefully...)
NoPlaceLikeLocalHost

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
MyBeefCakes
Nov 8 2016, 07:55 AM
Been a while I know, sorry for the delay guys, just been finishing off a house move... But i'll be back on it tonight (hopefully...)
I'll have a few more goes when I get time as well.
Work really picked up and we've been doing an extra 10 hours a week 😆

Maybe the break from doing this will actually make me better.
Has worked like that in the past for me many times before. 😊

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
When does this one end?

Anyone else got any good times coming up?
I could potentially, maybe better my times, but I think stopping really killed my momentum.
Needed to strike while the iron was hot so to speak.

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I've had a lot of my plate lately but I'll be sure to get in a few times here soon, I'm not sure how that will go though.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Jan 17 2017, 10:26 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image I only partially like some of you
Posted Image The award I will forever be most proud of

MyBeefCakes
Member Avatar
Established Member
I'm still here.
I haven't actually set an end date, was hoping you guys would help with that.

Plus all levels need to be completed with valid time.

The total time combined is your final score.
NoPlaceLikeLocalHost

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
OK cool, just didn't want to be holding it up if people were done with it.

Maybe I will get more motivated if/when other people give it a crack 😀

Slightly off topic, but I just had a thought of imagine if we had a quickfire challenge for a bunch of games and change the game and challenge weekly, or maybe monthly would be better.
Maybe like game of the month, but challenge of the month.
Just something to keep people fresh and interested, dunno just posting things as I think them 😉

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Well here are my first batch of times I got over the past couple days. Silo got my blood pumping hard this morning.

Posted Image

Silo is freaking intense man. I tried the 2:30 method of only using the K7 but I'm not good enough to make it through all the guards and do the objectives fast enough before they shoot me in the back. This one took the longest of the three and I'm not sure how I could improve it. I could skip the body armor but it takes longer to avoid damage then it does just to grab it. I do like this stage because, unlike Train, you get a few chances to pause the game and stretch your hands

Posted Image

Train is the one I'm worst at. Even if I get a good run through the 2 carts and don't get screwed by any of the zmg guys, I suck really bad at cutting out the stupid train door. I have to cut practically the whole thing out before I shoot Trevelyan or else I can't get out in time. Plus it feels very random. The 2 carts then hoping the Red Baret guy with the 2 ZMG's isn't directly across from the door in the room with the table because I always have my watch laser out. This is one I can't really improve on without a better analog stick for that train door.

Posted Image

Statue park is extremely easy unlike the other 2 levels since you can't really die and I luckily got two very good back boosts and the helicopter box spawned in the best possible place. This could have beaten Milage's 3:01 time but I unfortunately went the wrong way on the run back to the helicopter and took a longer path than I should have >_< To be fair this was only my third attempt at this stage and I had forgotten the exact layout of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image I only partially like some of you
Posted Image The award I will forever be most proud of

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Not bad for your first attempts Shellshocker, very well done. As I recall, Statue was the one I tried for the least amount of attempts. I could definitely shave off a few seconds with some luck. My line wasn't perfect either and worse still the box wasn't quite optimally placed after the explosion. What also helps significantly when it comes to speedrunning this game, which you correctly allude to, are the boosts from explosions and being shot in the back, which contrary to real life, you actually benefit from... X_D
Edited by Milage007, Jan 19 2017, 01:19 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming Competitions & Achievements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: