Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
F-Zero X graphics underrated?
Topic Started: Oct 3 2016, 10:31 AM (643 Views)
D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Yeah I never got that perception of the game.

At worst, it's a lack of detail on the cars and basic backgrounds, but I never noticed back then because 30 Cara on screen combines with the speed and slick gameplay made it not a factor!

And I don't notice it these days because I'm too busy trying to win and driving like some kind of possesded demon 😈
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Indeed, keeping the speed is part of why it has aged so well and why I played the absolute buggery out of it a few times the last few years.

Sort of like how I think Turok 1 has aged better than Turok 2 over time.
Sure, there's fog and draw distance issues but it didn't bother me once during my latest play through (last month!)
All I was thinking was how great the music and atmosphere was and what am I going to shoot next with one of the man you excellent weapons in the game. 😀

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I'd give it a go, but I do prefer GP Races because of the potential of laying out so many other racers and Nintendo way or rewarding you for being an out of control wild and crazy person😈

https://youtu.be/50VJ2r91y18

Not sure if there is annoying PAL/NTSC time difference as well?
Annoying how some games had that and others didn't.

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply