Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What's your go-to N64 game?; When you dont want to think.
Topic Started: Oct 5 2016, 04:48 PM (804 Views)
SoloJones64
Established Member
So I was curious, what's everyone's go-to n64 game when you dont want to play something new and when you dont want to have to think too hard? Mine are Destruction derby 64, beetle adventure racing and nfl blitz.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoloJones64
Established Member
Jsboger
Oct 6 2016, 06:25 AM
Mario Kart, Battle Tanx
I need to give battletanx another shot. I wasn't a big fan when I first played it a few years ago.
Shellshocker18
Oct 6 2016, 06:41 AM
Robotron 64 and Rampage World Tour are perfect games for not thinking. My brain just kinda goes on autopilot when I play.

I also like to speedrun Space Station Silicon Valley and Chameleon Twist 2 so sometimes when I'm bored I'll just practice a few levels or just do a quick playthrough without timing myself to relax.
That's cool, I can dig that. Rampage is definitely a good one for not thinking lol
sublime1996525
Oct 5 2016, 09:39 PM
Mine is Ocarina of Time. It's just relaxing and takes me back.
That's one I don't ever wanna play through again lol. So much thinking lol
Edited by SoloJones64, Oct 6 2016, 09:10 PM.

SoloJones64
Established Member
Milage007
Oct 7 2016, 12:28 AM
Good thread. My first port of call is always Goldeneye when wanting a blast on the 64 relatively effortlessly. I always enjoy slotting it in and having a game. I still have my original from back in the day and it still has that aura about it that has never gone away.

I also like going on Perfect Dark, going on combat simulator, whacking a load of meat sims and dark sims on, selecting a good array of weaponry, setting my favourite music tracks on the game as the background music, loading my profile character and then having a shoot them up. This game was amazing as it allowed you to have that Goldeneye multiplayer feel at times when your mates or family were not there. It's still very enjoyable 17 years on or whatever it is.
Perfect dark is one that I haven't revisited in quite some time....maybe I need to do that lol.
MyBeefCakes
Oct 7 2016, 03:00 AM
Milage007
Oct 7 2016, 12:28 AM
Good thread. My first port of call is always Goldeneye when wanting a blast on the 64 relatively effortlessly. I always enjoy slotting it in and having a game. I still have my original from back in the day and it still has that aura about it that has never gone away.

I also like going on Perfect Dark, going on combat simulator, whacking a load of meat sims and dark sims on, selecting a good array of weaponry, setting my favourite music tracks on the game as the background music, loading my profile character and then having a shoot them up. This game was amazing as it allowed you to have that Goldeneye multiplayer feel at times when your mates or family were not there. It's still very enjoyable 17 years on or whatever it is.
Agree with this! Combat simulator and Goldeneye is my go to for single player but as the N64 in our house was always multiplayer the others are; Pokemon Stadium, Mario Kart, DK64, my friends/family won't play GE multiplayer with me as they usually lose :(
I'd play you in mario kart real quick!
Edited by SoloJones64, Oct 7 2016, 03:03 AM.

SoloJones64
Established Member
D.J Cat
Oct 7 2016, 04:46 AM
It's gotta be Goldeneye.

And yeah, I had that exact problem with multi-player Goldeneye.
Too good, no one wants to play...
Especially proxy mines on Bunker 😈

Other good games I can get straight into are Lylat Wars or any of the racing sports games.
1080, Wave Race, excitbike 64 etc.
And F-Zero X!
Wave race was my :pottymouth:. I was always more into cool boarders!
heavyxfriends
Oct 7 2016, 05:29 AM
Lylat Wars, it pratically plays its self now, i like being able to make the small desicion of which path to take and if I don't play through it doesn't even matter as its so short.
Yeah star fox is awesome. I need to go back and get all medals one of these days.
kartmaster
Oct 7 2016, 07:53 AM
It's always kind of three games for me. Super Mario 64, PilotWings 64, and Top Gear Rally. There is so much nostalgia wrapped up in those games for me, it's really hard to be in a bad mood when I'm playing any of those. Just a very comforting feeling.

I love Mario Kart 64 but after some casual GP I always fall into stress inducing times trials runs, haha. I love love love GoldenEye too, but I just don't get the same stress melting effects I get from the afore mentioned three.
Yeah mario 64 and turtles in time are the 2 single games that hold the most nostalgia for me. Every time I boot up mario 64 I feel like a little kid again.
Jsboger
Oct 7 2016, 12:26 PM
Another fun thing to do is boot up Super Smash Bros and have the CPU's fight each other and see if you can pick who will win.

...Or maybe that it is just fun to do with some friends while drinking and place bets on who will win.
I've actually never done that Hahaha. I need to try it!
Kerr Avon
Oct 7 2016, 04:06 PM
Perfect Dark. The Combat Simulator, just me and eight sims, sometimes me against them all, other times with three teams (just me on one team, the other two teams containing the sims, it's great coming across two or more sims fighting one-another and knowing that I can attack any of them without having to check first if they're on my team).
I gotta get back around to playing that again
D.J Cat
Oct 7 2016, 11:33 PM
Jsboger
Oct 7 2016, 12:26 PM
Another fun thing to do is boot up Super Smash Bros and have the CPU's fight each other and see if you can pick who will win.

...Or maybe that it is just fun to do with some friends while drinking and place bets on who will win.
Yep, we used to do that.

Also in Melee.
Set up a 99 life 4 way match with 4 Donkey Kongs and with explosive items on.

Let's go Blue DK!
Lmao Jesus that's a long match
Edited by SoloJones64, Oct 8 2016, 12:14 AM.

SoloJones64
Established Member
Xephyrian
Oct 9 2016, 01:33 PM
Me and some friends at college get together on Thursdays for some N64 fun. We almost always do Smash Bros and I've recently gotten them into Rush 2. Stunt mode is life haha
Hahaha man you already know that stunt mode is legit!

SoloJones64
Established Member
LosTickaToeRest
Oct 12 2016, 07:52 AM
If it's been a hard day at work and I just want to relax for some mindless fun I like to put on some Star Fox, Road Rash, Tony Hawk 2, or Rampage. Namco Museum's also good for that - can't beat Pacman/Ms. Pacman for that kind of thing. Since re-buying Goldeneye it's gone back on that list as well.
all solid titles, especially star fox. It is just muscle memory at this point lol
bluedogrulez
Oct 11 2016, 08:51 AM
Ha, interesting question. So here's my honest answer. If I'm downstairs with the kids and they are hogging the Wii U, I am most likely to pop in Star Soldier. Has just the right mix of intensity, fun and great tunes for a short, unanticipated N64 play session.
Wow, so interesting that you chose that one, I dont consider that game mindless personally. It's cool that you do though. I need to revisit that one, it has been at least 15 years since i have played it!
Jsboger
Oct 11 2016, 08:47 AM
Dang I forgot about Rush 2 stunt mode. Definitely played that when I just want to kick back.
stunt mode will forever be that one
Intendall64
Oct 9 2016, 08:33 AM
Ocarina of Time or Mario Kart all the way!
I've seen several people say OOT! I dont consider that mindless at all lmao. I went back a few months ago and couldnt figure anything out. Had to go to online walkthroughs. I have NO idea how I beat that game as a kid.
stinger9142
Oct 8 2016, 07:02 AM
Probably would have to say Road Rash. Me and the Wifey both play it every now and again. PED HUNT!

After that, notable contenders are:
Mario Kart
Mario 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Pilot Wings
Perfect Dark
oh yeah Pilot wings. Totally forgot about that one. Definitely a relaxing one for sure.
Retro Junkie
Oct 9 2016, 07:41 AM
Depends on my mood. I go to Robotron 64, Bangai-O, Ridge Racer 64, or Bomberman Arcade Edition.
I just got bangai o 3 months ago CIB from a friend on IG and I absolutely love it!
Edited by SoloJones64, Oct 12 2016, 06:01 PM.

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply