Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Most you ever spent on a N64 game?; You need money for games
Topic Started: Oct 10 2016, 03:45 PM (1,313 Views)
Wildfiremicro
Member Avatar
Established Member
What's the most you ever spent on a N64 game? :n64:
We are all mad here
Rip and tear until it's done
Youtube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzsB1vGRWSrVZ4GNkdY856w
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
$70. When they were new! Haha.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Since I started building my collection back up, Harvest Moon 64. At the time I had money to burn so I just spent $50 straight up on it because I don't see it too often. The cart is pristine though which is nice.

I've tried playing the game and I've realized that it is quite the undertaking. I hope to delve deeper into it at some point.

A close second would be Goemon's Great Adventure which I spent $45 on. I used eBay for that one
( one of only 3 games I've done so for ) but it was thankfully worth every penny.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Oct 10 2016, 05:36 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Killer Instinct Gold. $85 new in 1996.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
depends

300$ for my n64 back in 1997 with 2 games
125$ for a M2000 Controller 5-6 years ago (sold now)
1000$ for 23 nfl blitz 2000 sealed + 23 razor scooter sealed + 300 box/manuals (all sold now)

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
@Cabanon, oh my!!!

A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
£100 for me, insane amount, for CIB Mario Party 3 minty. This was about a year and a half ago and the price is still hiking.

Also spent £100 on a mint CIB Blues Brothers earlier this year.

Just spent £90, my next closest on a mint Harvest Moon 64 CIB, which considering this was from a UK seller, quite a bargain as no import duties etc to incur.

Quite a lot of money has been spent in my collection. All the games I have added to my originals I have always gone for the top end quality. Nice to have that newish feel. It'll only go up in value for the, literally "rare", and top condition games.

I have had a lot of bargains over the years which help offset any high ticket items I have bought.
Edited by Milage007, Oct 10 2016, 11:57 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

LosTickaToeRest
Member Avatar
Once I started rebuilding my collection, I spent around $60 for Super Smash Bros. last year. Second place goes to spending $42 the other day for Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon.
Posted Image

http://www.last.fm/user/DToxico

Cabanon
Elite
No64DD
Oct 10 2016, 09:15 PM
@Cabanon, oh my!!!

I made some decent penny....but there's no way I could justify that amount spent on video games to my wife lol she dont get it lol

I only buy used games unless it's a triple A games like GTA or a new GH/RB game and I get the limited or collectors edition. 1/game a year is fine for her, even if it's top ussless dollar spent for her.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Loose Bangai-O cart: $55 (i think). I have enjoyed my $20 loose Sin & Punishment cart way more.

@wildfiremicro: You do need money for games. But remember, on the N64, there are plenty of great games that are still relatively cheap that are more fun to play than many of the top money games.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Jsboger
Member Avatar
Established Member
Cart alone or does CIB count?? Either way I don't think I've spent over a hundred on a cart, but CIB or even just a box on the other hand I've spent a few hundred.
Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Do 64DD games count?
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
No64DD
Oct 11 2016, 09:25 AM
Do 64DD games count?
400$ Japan Golf & Doshin 2 spotted lol

Wildfiremicro
Member Avatar
Established Member
No64DD
Oct 11 2016, 09:25 AM
Do 64DD games count?
Yes
We are all mad here
Rip and tear until it's done
Youtube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzsB1vGRWSrVZ4GNkdY856w

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
$70 for MK Trilogy back when I first got the system

jonebone
Member Avatar
I spent $1300 on a Zelda MM Gray NFR earlier this year... and it sold for significantly above $2000. Guess it worked out!

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Wow! Some of these prices are no laughing matter.

I paid $450 for Doshin 2 sealed. It also came with extras, so i am satisfied. It goes for much more now.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Shellshocker18
Oct 10 2016, 05:26 PM
Since I started building my collection back up, Harvest Moon 64. At the time I had money to burn so I just spent $50 straight up on it because I don't see it too often. The cart is pristine though which is nice.

I've tried playing the game and I've realized that it is quite the undertaking. I hope to delve deeper into it at some point.
It is an undertaking. IIRC I played to year 13 on my main file.

As far as the topic of the post, never more than MSRP. DK64 was probably the most expensive.

heavyxfriends
Member Avatar
Established Member
£160 for Conker CIB, this was very recently, second to that would be £110 for Paper Mario CIB, luckily these are the only two PAL titles (that im interested in) which are are significantly above what they retailed for.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
£60 for RE2 CIB but closely followed by Conker CIB for £55.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
I spent $400 on a 50 game bundle. The most, so far, on an individual game was $70 when they first came out lol.

SoloJones64
Established Member
For one game, I guess I threw down around 300 for my 3rd sculptors cut. I spent 600 on a cib n64dd with f zero expansion cib. 650 for my nintendo employee jacket, mug and controller set. 300 for my m2000.

LosTickaToeRest
Member Avatar
Second place has been usurped by the $47 I spent just now on Sin & Punishment. Pumped to get it in the mail.
Posted Image

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
For me, it was Bangai-O with box and booklet, $85. Not exactly complete because It did not have the cards that came with it, registration, etc.
Edited by Retro Junkie, Oct 22 2016, 07:43 PM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I spent 165.000 lire for DK64 in the end of 1999 and 198.000 lire for Majora's Mask in 2000, it was about 95$ at the time.

Considering nowadays purchases I spent a lot for Snowboard Kids 2 PAL version. 700Ä+ 200Ä of customs and shipping costs.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
I've paid £50 for an N64 game from time to time, back when the games were new. I don't think I've paid more than that for a new game, and I'm certain I've never paid more than that for a used game when I was looking for rarer games in later years on ebay or the 'net.

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
Proud to say that the most I've ever spent on a single game was 25SGD (about US$18?) for a sealed copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day in 2007. Back then I didn't really think much about collecting and I opened it just to play the cart... no regrets though! I only ever buy N64 games that are cheap and I find the whole collecting experience more fun that way (being a broke student back then and now helps out with that too). I did spend 200+SGD on a 64DD though to celebrate the first paycheck I got from the army a couple years back but that was a special occasion for me haha.
Posted Image

KnightlyGaming
Member Avatar
Mine would be about $150 on Bomberman The Second Attack. Great condition and with a (non original) box to protect it so I think it was a decent pick up
Posted Image

LosTickaToeRest
Member Avatar
Wow, looking it up now I had no idea Second Attack went for that much. Didn't think there was that much demand for it. That's sad, Bomberman 64 was one of my favorites as a kid and I never got a chance to play the sequel even though I always wanted to.
Posted Image

Houghton0609
£285 for as new pal shadowgate, £250 for near mint San Francisco rush 2049, £150 pal conkers

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: