Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fake Atomic Purple PAL Nintendo 64 Box
Topic Started: Oct 12 2016, 10:59 AM (620 Views)
Niko1992
Member Avatar
Dear Nintendo 64 fans and collectors !

I have a problem, I bought one Nintendo 64 atomic purple boxed controller from ebay, and I can't decide, I'ts a fake printed box, or original Nintendo box. Can anyone help me ? I'ts fake or real box ?

I have some pictures from the box:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think the carton is thin.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
It does look quite thin but I have to say I haven't seen many counterfeit boxes if I am honest. Hopefully somebody with a bit more experience in this field could add some comments.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Can you take pics of the product codes on the flaps?

Where is the inner cardboard holder?
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Niko1992
Member Avatar
C/NUS-A-CSP-UKV

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the full set with cardboard and warrianty

Posted Image
No64DD
Oct 12 2016, 02:13 PM
Can you take pics of the product codes on the flaps?

Where is the inner cardboard holder?
So it's fake ?
Edited by Niko1992, Oct 12 2016, 02:43 PM.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Looks genuine to me on closer inspection.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Hey there Niko, this is a bit puzzling. There are a few things which immediately jump out to me.

1 - The cardboard is much thinner than usual for a UK controller box.
2 - The shape of the inner tab looks too 'angular', usually it's more rounded on the edge.

Posted Image

However, this doesn't automatically mean that the box is a fake. As Milage pointed out, I've never see a reproduction controller box before, so if it is fake then they've gone out of their way to add a 'New' sticker to the front and give the box some wear and tear. Again this seems strange, especially since they eBay account you bought this from has 100% positive feedback.

If it is a genuine product then I can only guess that it's some cost-cutting measure from Nintendo by using cheaper materials for a later batch in the production run. Although I do keep my eye for different variants of controller boxes I've never come across something like this before so I'm not really sure what to make of it.

I can't quite make out the cardholder, but it seems normal. Certainly the controller itself (and the baggy) are authentic.
Edited by danilochka, Oct 12 2016, 03:51 PM.
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
looks cheap, but im fairly confident it's legit. that was probably done at the end of n64 lifespan.

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply