Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Nintendo Switch Topic; (f/k/a The Nintendo NX)
Topic Started: Oct 20 2016, 08:47 AM (7,408 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
October 20, 2016. The day Nintendo pulled the veil off the "NX" (and ditched the name) and gave us a glimpse of its next console, the Nintendo Switch. If you've always wanted an untethered gamepad with lots of third party support, today is a day you will long remember!

Here is the Official trailer:

There is so much to see in this short preview. Three different control schemes, though no motion (??) or second screen. The heart of the console has a screen and can go with you. It props up and can be used a little portable monitor for two player gaming on the go. It may also be linkable to other units (8-player Splatoon action in one living room?!?) And where in the world is the disc drive? Have skinny little carts replaced our shiny round friends?!? Is there a touch screen . . . and do we really want one this time round? Wow, this is a lot to take in (and quite exciting). Seems like there may be immediate plans for a new 3D Mario platformer, Mario Kart and Splatoon. And Skyrim?!?

What do you see that excites or disappoints you?!? Can you wait for March 2017?!?
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
That awesome Buddy! I obviously love my switch and Iím betting you will too. Are you double dipping on Bayonetta 1-2? I think Iím gonna hold out for 3...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I saw the special edition and everything made me want to buy it but then read that one is on the card and the other isnt. No deal for me, physical or nothing.

Its a shame its download only for RE revelations as I would buy that to buy handheld. I was planning on picking Re Rev 2 on PS Vita but its a bad port by all accounts.

The switch finally has enough games for me to pull the trigger, I've never played Skyrim so thats a must buy a long with Mario and I'll buy Zelda again for the switch to play at work :D
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
So the Japanese ďNon Stop Climax EditionĒ has both games on individual carts, but pre-orders were being scalped for $160+ on Amazon Japan within a few hours of it going live.

Also, no one even knows if that edition even has English voice and text on it.
Edited by The White Falcon, Dec 10 2017, 06:58 AM.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I have the first print collection on Wii U so I think I'm happy with that. Will pick up the third though
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
I think thatís the route Iím going to take, personally. Itís an obvious hole in my Wii U collection anyway.

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
I recently got some retro Nintendo 64 colours see through joycon shells. Because of nostalgia feels of it. I will have to get a grey joycon set so I donít ruining other joycon sets and the warranties.

If you want see them for yourselves Iíll leave a link to the joycon shells.
N64 Joycon shells
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
I recently required some pre-owned joycon controllers for my custom funtastic Nintendo 64 designs. Close to half what used to be, 27 aud each and got an light up zelda and odyssey dock make my switch look cool.
Edited by Boomdiers, Jan 4 2018, 09:19 PM.

Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Anyone have any recommendations for accessories they use like hard cases and SD cards, need to start bringing he switch to work :)
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@Buddy--Hooray! Welcome to the Switch club!

First, a GREAT stand that folds to nearly nothing.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXP8Q29/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
--I prefer tabletop with pro controller in hand to handheld. This works great.

Second, a decent case
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY9JB2U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
--My fears about an upside down zipper were never realized. Has kept my Switch safe, even with the kids toting it around. Many different logos available now.

Finally, a charge cord
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NB0G478/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
--Does not work with the dock, so not a real popular item. But works great in table top mode. Cord is very long.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Nice one thank you, the cases are exactly what I am looking for. As for the charger it will just be a spare to keep at work so should be perfect.

Any recommendations on the SD cardS?
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
buddy1983
Jan 6 2018, 04:36 AM
Nice one thank you, the cases are exactly what I am looking for. As for the charger it will just be a spare to keep at work so should be perfect.

Any recommendations on the SD cardS?
I would recommend getting a 128gb Sandisk ultra micro SDXC UHS-I. It has up to 100mb/s speed transfer time which good for downloading digital games and A1 means load games quick from start menu. If your not planning to get that much storage for digital games and mostly on physical games, get a 64gb one.

And also recommended getting a screen protector for the switch, while using touch screen so the screen canít be scratched.

You can use the wii u gamecube adapter to use for the switch if you want.

Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cheers mate i'll go with that SD card, probably a 64 as I always lean towards physical
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
There is some kind of Switch announcement planned for today at 5 PM NYC time. Speculation is rampant, but I suspect it has to do with the Switch app and/or online service. Stay tuned....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Has anyone brought up Super Mario cereal yet?! We finally found some in store today!! I bought so much, I had a small group of friends I was getting one for.

has anyone else had trouble with the joy cons and the sticks not working all the time? They are all updated. We had one wonky pair that we would avoid using because the left joy con stick would move your character without being touched. Then we couldn't click the joy con to open the scope on BotW. We have 3 pairs and they all seem to be acting funny now. What could I do? We don't have the receipts anymore.

I don't feel like we drop them that much....

I could just google it but I'd like your guys opinions.

"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
Hmmm... I haven't noticed anything crazy with my joy cons... although I think one is less responsive (joy stick) but that could just be my excuse for losing
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Welp when removing the battery from my joycon to change to ice blue shell the wires came out, had to yank out the connector and broke sadly I will have add wires to battery holder and make my own connection. Which is fine just sucks, wish was still connected to it. Beginners go I guess. I nailed the other setups just the battery only wrong. Next time other joycon will carefully put it out slowly but itís a preowned so itís fine.
Mymee left joycon has built in antenna for the signal, that is why loosing connection, I saw vid of nintendo wave fix joycon left using a wire to the front and work for him 40 ft and signal is good do must be that or the stick is not calibrated properly.

Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Update: the left joy-con battery works, a button is upside down so have to undo the screws and flip the button back right place until this stripped screw has taken put then I can do it sigh... :wacko:

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@mymee: try the controller calibration in system settings. If that doesnít work, contact NOA
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Update: I messed up the left joycon. I savage the parts that are working and orded a new ice blue left shell and preowned L joycon. That was my first time doing it, I wish was more careful with it but you know it happens. I learn it from mistakes. The new shell will also have d pad and sl sr buttons.

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Jan 19 2018, 04:56 AM
@mymee: try the controller calibration in system settings. If that doesnít work, contact NOA
We've been all over that :)

I think we are left with contacting them.

Also who else HATES taking off those :cussfit: wristband cover things??!! Ugh! I've had more hand injuries with those things then the stick during mario party! I want a protective glove!
Aww boomdiers, that sucks. I like learning my lessons the hard way as well :P

I'm sure you get it this next time! :yeah:
Hey, takes some pictures of your steps and progress! Help us learn too!

Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
I do also update pics on here aswell ;) Link

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Perfect! Those shells look fantastic!

Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Update: got two extra joycons to for jungle green shells. Did a joycon yesterday and buttons seems to be stuck a bit like hard press down. But will see what is the problem. Then eould do right joycon. Today the ice blue shell dpad style came and did it 1 or 2 hours ago and looks amazing the dpad feels like a joycon should be. So I am happy that the ice blue set is finally done.

Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/961596557077426176

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Welp Iíd already redeemed all my phy carts, so now now on I get phy games and wait until new system is up.

Posted Image

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
I'm finally getting my Switch soon! Just waiting on it to be delivered to my place haha.
I really want Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but I don't know if I should hold out just in case Nintendo releases some special edition version??
The Zelda BotW Explorer's Edition that Nintendo released a few months ago was priced the same as the regular game and they're doing the same thing with the Splatoon 2 Starter Edition next month. Apparently these special edition games only have a single print run so they're expected to be quite collectible in the future (the Zelda BotW Explorer's Edition is already getting harder and harder to find now).
I guess one of the benefits of me taking a year to get my Switch is now I can buy those two special edition games without having to buy the games a second time!
Edited by Shangyou, Feb 27 2018, 07:57 PM.
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Looks like Sonic Mania is getting a physical release including the switch, glad I held off buying and will be picking it up.
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Nintendo Switch · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: