Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Retrobit 8bitdo Bluetooth N64 controllers!; Pc, mac, wiiu, wii, snes, n64, nes
Topic Started: Nov 3 2016, 05:33 PM (291 Views)
SoloJones64
Established Member
So I got these bad boys in today!! Unfortunately I can't use them on my n64 until next year when the n64 receiver comes out!! They're on amazon for 49.99 each. A side note, these are numbers #94 and #95 on my quest to 100 n64 controllers!

Posted Image
Edited by SoloJones64, Nov 3 2016, 05:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
I am a big fan of 8bitdo. Its biggest problem seems to be supply, so I'm glad to see they have partnered with RetroBit for this.

My 8bitdo NES pro controller works flawlessly in terms of gameplay, no lag. I am curious to see if they can keep the magic going with the N64 controller and particularly with regard to stick sensitivity. That brings me to curiosity point #2, which is quality of the stick build. I know it is really easy (and well-founded) to be dismissive of 3rd party N64 controllers, but I'm keeping an open mind here, again b/c 8bitdo makes a nice product.

Anxious to hear your thoughts and initial observations re: quality, etc.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
how in the hell did they released a controller without a receiver ?

sanni
Member Avatar
I'm kinda sceptical.

Just have a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMkxdTPQrgs&t=2m15s
The analog stick already lost its center and is hanging in the wind like a heavy used original stick and the controller constantly loses sync with the Wii-U.

And this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwPV_LDzZA8&t=4m16s has a controller with a bad z-button.

And in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p17OZ9u0B5Y&t=9m27s you can see that they are using the repair box style thumbstick made by hyperkin.

I'm rather dissappointed.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Cabanon
Nov 5 2016, 12:43 PM
how in the hell did they released a controller without a receiver ?
I believe their intent is to market toward people using emulators first, then to the hardware replacement market second.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply