Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MK8 Races This Saturday 12/3 @ 10:30PM EST
Topic Started: Nov 28 2016, 08:36 AM (560 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
You can not hold a good man down, and that certainly holds true for fun gaming events. We will resume our N64Forever.com Mario Kart 8 tournament this Saturday, December 3rd at 10:30PM NYC time. We are planning to race the original 32 tracks at the speed of 150cc.

For those new to our races, we call it a tournament, but it is all for fun. We generally race for about 45min to an hour. By that time, it used to be that Boomdiers generally would have 200 points and the rest of us would be proud of our one or two victories (or near victories). :D We generally get members from the US, Canada and Australia, so it is a global event! PLEASE JOIN US!!

Here it the tournament code:
8073-6384-4485

And a link to our main thread:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7422512/10/#new

RSVP'd YES (so far):
--BDR (MK8 ID: DadE08)
--Shellshocker18
--Kartmaster
--Mrs. Kartmaster
--Grizzmeister
--RocMan
--Kel and Amy of KelamyAUS
Edited by bluedogrulez, Nov 30 2016, 05:51 AM.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Count me in! :w00t:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Guys, I adjusted the tourney settings this morning. I heard from someone planning to make a special appearance who is racing on a borrowed console (with no DLC) after the demise of their Wii U. To enable them to join, and to encourage others who do not have the DLC tacks for one reason or another, we'll race the original 32 (and really test your track memory!).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
No complaints here. Looks like a nice group shaping up!
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

RocMan
Member Avatar
Established Member
So I remembered this site yesterday, and I'm pysched to be back! Count me in too!
Edited by RocMan, Nov 29 2016, 11:39 AM.
Nintendo 64 Collection

1 Grey System
19 Games
4 Controllers
All I need for Goldeneye!

Nintendo ID: RocSolidGaming
PSN: crixmayhem77

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Hi RocMan. I haven't been here long but I think you were gone when I showed up so welcome back!Can't wait to race with you and I hope your collection expands soon
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

KelamyAUS
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Nov 29 2016, 05:52 AM
Guys, I adjusted the tourney settings this morning. I heard from someone planning to make a special appearance who is racing on a borrowed console (with no DLC) after the demise of their Wii U. To enable them to join, and to encourage others who do not have the DLC tacks for one reason or another, we'll race the original 32 (and really test your track memory!).
Thanks for the invite, BDR. We'll be there and looking forward to it! It has been quite some time since we've played MK8, and with a borrowed console, starting from scratch, we better try and unlock some new cars and gear before the tournament!

Unfortunately our Wii U console kept shutting itself down. We didn't know what the problem was until we looked at the back of the console and found the culprit. After removing the culprit, it still keeps shutting down :( The joys of living in Australia!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
That is an amazing story and a great picture to document the spider invasion! Hey, have you tried one of those external fans that plugs into a rear USB port? I got one cheap on ebay and it does keep my wii u cooler when i use it. If the spider damaged the fan (burn out or slow spin), maybe one of those can salvage your unit. (I am a wishful thinker :-8 )

In any event, look forward to racing with you again!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

KelamyAUS
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Nov 30 2016, 05:55 AM
That is an amazing story and a great picture to document the spider invasion! Hey, have you tried one of those external fans that plugs into a rear USB port? I got one cheap on ebay and it does keep my wii u cooler when i use it. If the spider damaged the fan (burn out or slow spin), maybe one of those can salvage your unit. (I am a wishful thinker :-8 )

In any event, look forward to racing with you again!
I didn't think of an external fan. We might have to give that one a go! I'm not sure how much damage was done, but it's worth a try! Thanks for the tip :)
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I'd like to see a full lobby Saturday night so we don't have to contend with those pesky CPU controlled racers. :rofl:

I'm really excited about getting to race with the N64 Forever crew again! This is certain to be a really good time as I'm sure none of us will take the results too seriously.
Edited by Grizzmeister, Dec 2 2016, 08:58 PM.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

RocMan
Member Avatar
Established Member
I'm very sorry I couldn't make it, we had our wifi router switched this weekend, I hope I can make it next time!
Nintendo 64 Collection

1 Grey System
19 Games
4 Controllers
All I need for Goldeneye!

Nintendo ID: RocSolidGaming
PSN: crixmayhem77

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
That's okay RocMan. A lot of people missed this one so I'm sure we will organize another one in a couple weeks and try to get a full lobby going.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

KelamyAUS
Member Avatar
If anyone is around this weekend, same day/time as last week, let us know and we'll be there providing we don't get booted again!
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I will play if everyone else wants to!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I'm not sure I can do it this weekend but next time we try maybe we can leave out the CPU controlled racers?

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Forum Rules and Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply