Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2016 Awards - Game of the Year (Modern Console); What is your favorite 2016 release?
Topic Started: Nov 30 2016, 11:01 AM (396 Views)
EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Just like the handhelds, I didn't play many games released this year. In fact, I only have two games to choose from as far as home consoles go. Which one do I choose? Well, on one hand, there's Star Fox Zero and I completely agree with bluedogrulez on what he's said about the game. It truly is an underrated gem trashed by people who just couldn't get used to the controls. The truth is this isn't your standard "pick up and play" Star Fox game and it was never designed with that in mind. This is a game you have to take your time with. Learn how it works. Unfortunately, too many people were unwilling to do that and it bombed in sales. Tragic. I've played this game through to the end and I can safely say it's a blast to play once you know how. But, despite SF0 being a lot of fun for me, there is one game that has pretty much taken over what little free time I have these days and, because of that, I have to give my vote to WWE 2K17 on Xbox One.

Talk about taking one giant moon leap in the right direction! Issues with the last game addressed. New or returning additions that, as far as I'm aware, all were for the better (except for late reversals making your opponent unable to reverse... that was dumb). More options for created superstars, more match types, a better universe mode and a MyCareer mode worth playing. This game has it all! The WWE games have been a yearly tradition for me since Smackdown vs. RAW 2008 (with the exception of the terrible 2K15), but this is the first time since maybe 2K14 that I've been completely addicted to a wrestling game. How could it not get my vote? :yeah:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Prior Awards · Next Topic »
Add Reply