Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2016 Awards - The Member Appreciation Topic; To determine our "Contributor of the Year Award"
Topic Started: Nov 30 2016, 11:11 AM (696 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
This thread will ultimately lead to the crowning of our "2016 Contributor of the Year".

The Staff wants members to feel appreciated and valued. It would be hard to ask members to single one individual out, so we are not going to do so.

We are asking all of our members to compile a list of other members you would like to thank and show your appreciation for. Go on, give 'em some love! We are looking for the members you feel are most valuable to the forum. Who has been super helpful? Who keeps you coming back? Who keeps the conversation going? Who can you tell truly cares for the forum? Who finds the time to stop by at least every day or two? Who always tries to greet new members? Who always treats other members with respect?

These are just some of the things that I'll be thinking about when putting together my list.

There is no limit to how many you members you can name, but we do ask that you keep it realistic. If members wish the include the Staff as a whole or individually, that is fine and appreciated, but Staff members will not be totaled up with the other members and cannot win the award.

At the end we will tally up the votes and the winner will be crowned our "2016 Contributor of the Year" :dance:

Prior winners:
2015 - No64DD
2014 - Vinyl
2013 - The Red Shadow
2012 - Alice Lawless & SicCooper
Offline Profile Goto Top

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
This thread is always so tough because I feel like for sure I'm leaving somebody out. But here it goes.

The Admins - I hope everybody realizes how dedicated our admins are. They put a lot of time and effort into making this an inviting friendly and fun place. It's really easy for niche internet communities to become somewhat "elitist" and makes it tough for new members. But the fact that this community continues to grow and attract decent human beings, is a testament to the mindset of our Admins. *pats back*

No64DD - I'm not sure I know anyone else as enthusiastic about the N64. You are obsessed. And that's a good thing! =)

Milage007 - It's so fun watching you get excited about anything GoldenEye, because I'm the same way! I would love to find a way to play GoldenEye with everyone here on the boards like we can with MK8. Keep that passion alive!

LinusHofmann - Between the obvious contributions to one of the biggest problems in modern N64 gaming, and utter annihilation of times on the Mario Kart 64 Hotlap Thread, you've brought some serious game this year!

TheRedShadow - I was worried when you stepped down as a moderator, that you'd drift away from the forum. Can't tell you how glad I am that didn't happen! It wouldn't feel like N64 Forever without you.

Cabanon - I will probably never have a 64DD, but I have a ton of respect for the catalog of 64DD serial numbers. Where else in the universe does this information exist, but here? So cool. And the ASCII pad research is amazing. You're a straight shooter, and I respect that.

Italia64 - If there's anybody who can put the magnifying glass on the N64 and really give you a detailed review of it's qualities, whether it's the games, or the music, or the stratagies, it's you. Plus that boxed game collection. *drool*

D.J Cat - So positive about everything! I always see you cheering people on and bringing some great discussion to threads. I always know that a D.J Cat post is going to make me feel better about the world. ;)

Conker69 - That Foxdata LTD thread! *drool*

Grizzmeister - Welcome back! How long has it been? No matter. I've enjoyed seeing your name around these parts again.

I'm sure I left somebody out, but when I think of this community as a whole, I can't think of any other corner of the internet I'd rather spend more time in. We have a unique group here. All of you contribute so much. I just want to say THANKS!

Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Kartmaster is right that this is a truly tough one to do, that the fear of leaving anyone out is ever-present. And it's only natural that everyone's scared to post their picks here. (Or perhaps kart's great post is simply just a tough one to follow!)

Anyways, LITERALLY EVERYONE who participates in this forum makes it the special place it is, from the staff (a solid group I still feel humbled to be a part of), all the way to the 1-post wonders, so I'm simply going to nominate strictly based on members whose posts I've tended to notice/read the most. Which could be somewhat biased towards the threads I typically frequent.

So basically... the non-staff/non-ex-staff members I'd like to make sure get a vote are Milage007, No64DD, D.J Cat, Shellshocker18, Cabanon, italia64, The White Falcon, and Kamikaze... and probably more that I'll add later on... :unsure:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Offline Profile Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
There are so many members that I would like to thank. At the risk of omitting a few I'd like to extend a personal thanks to :

Alxbly—Your return was terrific. Come back and hit that 10,000 mark!
Bamboozled—Hurt /Heal pariah, Miitomo friend, and all around pleasant guy
D.J Cat—For a great return here, awesome posts on Miitomo, and always rolling with my cat slams.
Pimpin Mainer—filmer, gamer, friend of coyotes everywhere
Vinyl—When does the museum open?!?
NintendoLuke99—enjoy your check ins
Rocky—That Neon theme is something!
TofyJunky87—The 64-Bit Game review section is something to behold thanks to you!
Italia64—Not sure whether I’m more envious of your collection, skills or abs, yeah, probably the abs.
Cabanon—There is only; thank for being a unique voice here
Danilochka—Love your theme and thoughtful contributions here
Dark Link—You guys will find every box variant ever. I am convinced.
Envyfox—Gaming legend.
LinusHofmann—You are changing the face of N64 gaming! Thanks for bringing us along for the ride!
Mileage007—Hurt/Heal pro, all around great guy
No64DD—Meh. JK! Love the passion and creative thoughts your share daily here and on Miitomo.
Sanni—Thanks for the continued technical expertise!
Shellshocker18—Great involvement this year!
KelamyAUS—The best N64 collecting couple ever.
Rocky—For the gold mines of information he’s created here.
Sublime1996525-For a great many contributions around the board.
The White Falcon – another new member with solid posts around the board
DiscoStu—For his great theme.
Ddr2nite and Grizzmeister—good to see your fellas around again.
Conker69--For the amazing FoxData information!

I am sure I failed to name a few I should, but sufficed to say, I appreciate anyone who regularly posts here. This site continues to be the premier N64 site and a terrific site for gamers because of YOU!!

And, of course, my fellow staffers Stinger, floorcat, DeeMoney, MK II, Kartmaster and buddy1983. If I were the head of a lawfully organized nation, I’d beg you to be my cabinet members, and we’d have one sweet country!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
This is always the toughest post to make. Not because it is hard to name someone worthy, but because it is hard not to forget someone.

We have many amazing members here. When I joined (now over 10 years ago) I had no idea I would still be here now, or that the forum would be. It will always be pretty amazing to me how this place has lasted through the years. It is because we have great members here. Every year we lose a few, but we also gain a few and it all balances back out. A lot of our great members have served on the staff too, and that has helped. If you are an active member here and I forget to name you, I'm sorry. You are appreciated, and you are what makes this forum great year in and year out!

I will start with the staff, since mentions for them do not count.
Bluedog, Floorcat, DeeMoney, kartmaster, and buddy1983. You guys are all great, and feel like brothers I have never met in person. A special nod goes to all past staffers as well.

I want to recognize our little Miitomo family (Y'all know who you are)

Now on to our members.
The Red Shadow, No64DD, Milage007, Vinyl, Cabanon, Italia64, sublime1996525, Shellshocker18, D.J Cat, EnvyFox, Pimpin Mainer, Bamboozled, NintendoLuke99, MyBeefCakes, KnightlyGaming, StYoung, Kerr Avon, TofyJunky87, Danilochka, Dark Link, KelamyAUS, DiscoStu, Sanni, The White Falcon, Kamikaze, Conker69, LinusHofmann, Grizzmeister, Wildfiremicro, Rocky, Boomdiers, Matt, shangyou, ddr2nite, Intendall64, & SoloJones64.

And thanks to any other members not mentioned above. I did my best :yeah:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I've saved this one until last as it is so tough. Everybody who is here all contributes in their own way to make this a great place to be, mods included.

I won't list names for fear of accidentally missing one off, but the lists above pretty much hit the nail on the head and I am pleased that the people I would mention, have been.

I managed to rattle it down to two who I think have done wonders for the forum this year. I am going to nominate both LinusHofmann and Conker69. I think their contributions this year have been helpful, inspirational and very forum friendly in a way that helps others learn more and improve their own situation, knowledge or collection.

Once again thanks to everybody who contributes and makes this place a great place on the World Wide Web to be a part of.
Edited by Milage007, Dec 30 2016, 04:12 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it’s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can’t feed the poor’
Offline Profile Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I'm here to share my appreciation for a number of members from our site and beyond.
First and foremost, i am grateful for everyone that i get to learn, debate, and communicate with here, but i have never met anyone like danilochka.
Thanks to him, has made me become more Nintendo savvy. We are able to relate to each other on a very unique level and i truly respect that. Cheers!

To Vinyl, someone that i got to know on a personal level. It has been a few years already!? Wow.
I'd like to think that we've made each other better collectors, and has been great to see how FAR things have come since. Congrats to you and Darklink for consolevariations.com. Sincerely.

A special thanks to Rocky and his N64F Skype group, where some of the best discussions took place with you, Darklink, Vinyl, Boomdiers, rdools, that looking back, was the start of many great things; including friendships.
From there, it has branched into many other avenues of social media.
From italia64 and Nillew- two awesome ambassadors to their country, and the N64 landscape!
Graci and Saudé

To The Red Shadow, Cabanon, Linus, Gamerjerome, and my other Twitter friends whose company i always enjoy there, and here! One love.

To Bam, D.J Cat, and the rest of my Miitomo fam, so many fun times came from this little game. Thanks Nintendo! And thanks for having me over.
Happy New Year!
🎊

And lastly, Bluedogrulez.
I was just a stupid kid and rough around the edges when i came to this forum. If it wasn't for you, i wouldn't be here.
THANK YOU.

A thank you also to Floorcat, the rest of the staff(past and present), Milage, Houghton0609, Shellshocker18, and the rest of the community for making Nintendo64Forever, Nintendo64FOREVER.
If i forgot anyone, you know where to find me! 8)
Daniel
Edited by No64DD, Dec 30 2016, 07:07 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I almost didn't vote in this thread because I'm a newish member and there are so many great people here that I'm too afraid of leaving out someone important but I suppose I owe it to this community who has provided me with tons of friendly banter, interesting insight, and endless amounts of useful information over the past 5 months.

First i just wanted to make mention of some great members that I just haven't had much interaction with, whether it's because they haven't been active since I joined or they just post in different threads than me, but they are still friendly and have made contributions that have helped me and others around here. Members like Cabanon, Floorcat, Grizzmeister, Red Shadow, Kartmaster, Bamboozled, Vinyl, Sanni, KnightlyGaming, White Falcon, Sublime, Rocky, Envyfox, and Danilochka. Plus some of the senior members like Kerr Avon, Matt, and StYoung for being active after all these years and being some of forerunners that helped this community continue growing.

My personal votes though are for D.J Cat and italia64 for our recent n64 "Bromance" as cat put it, and generally just being pleasent members that I interact with quite alot. No64DD and Milage for contributing everywhere on the board on a regular basis and also being friendly to everyone. And of course all the staff even if I didn't mention you by name. Seeing as how very few catastrophes are occurring that means you're all doing great. I'll specifically mention Bluedog and Stinger because I've had nothing but positive interactions with them since I've joined. I hope the next year is as enjoyable as this one.

God I hope I'm not forgetting anyone :unsure:
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 31 2016, 10:54 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nillew
Member Avatar
Established Member
kartmaster
Dec 21 2016, 09:52 AM
This thread is always so tough because I feel like for sure I'm leaving somebody out. But here it goes.

The Admins - I hope everybody realizes how dedicated our admins are. They put a lot of time and effort into making this an inviting friendly and fun place. It's really easy for niche internet communities to become somewhat "elitist" and makes it tough for new members. But the fact that this community continues to grow and attract decent human beings, is a testament to the mindset of our Admins. *pats back*

No64DD - I'm not sure I know anyone else as enthusiastic about the N64. You are obsessed. And that's a good thing! =)

Milage007 - It's so fun watching you get excited about anything GoldenEye, because I'm the same way! I would love to find a way to play GoldenEye with everyone here on the boards like we can with MK8. Keep that passion alive!

LinusHofmann - Between the obvious contributions to one of the biggest problems in modern N64 gaming, and utter annihilation of times on the Mario Kart 64 Hotlap Thread, you've brought some serious game this year!

TheRedShadow - I was worried when you stepped down as a moderator, that you'd drift away from the forum. Can't tell you how glad I am that didn't happen! It wouldn't feel like N64 Forever without you.

Cabanon - I will probably never have a 64DD, but I have a ton of respect for the catalog of 64DD serial numbers. Where else in the universe does this information exist, but here? So cool. And the ASCII pad research is amazing. You're a straight shooter, and I respect that.

Italia64 - If there's anybody who can put the magnifying glass on the N64 and really give you a detailed review of it's qualities, whether it's the games, or the music, or the stratagies, it's you. Plus that boxed game collection. *drool*

D.J Cat - So positive about everything! I always see you cheering people on and bringing some great discussion to threads. I always know that a D.J Cat post is going to make me feel better about the world. ;)

Conker69 - That Foxdata LTD thread! *drool*

Grizzmeister - Welcome back! How long has it been? No matter. I've enjoyed seeing your name around these parts again.

I'm sure I left somebody out, but when I think of this community as a whole, I can't think of any other corner of the internet I'd rather spend more time in. We have a unique group here. All of you contribute so much. I just want to say THANKS!

You said everything!

Special mention here...
"No64DD - I'm not sure I know anyone else as enthusiastic about the N64. You are obsessed. And that's a good thing! =)"

He is extremely participatory. He has an absurd knowledge about almost everything. I do not know anyone who is more enthusiastic about it, either. :w00t:
Just another admirer of the best videogame of all time =D
Offline Profile Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
@Nillew,
Feliz Ano NOVO!
Edited by No64DD, Dec 30 2016, 07:12 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
For their outstanding contributions to the forum, my The Member Appreciation 2016 nomination goes to you. That's right, I'm pulling a floorcat, literally everyone gets a plus one from me. You're all helping to contribute and make this place THE best N64 site on the net and a great community to boot. Thanks for all the kind words people have said already, you're all amazing! Special shoutout goes to the wonderful staff, and even those aren't members and just come to browse, as I used to, make sure to get yourself signed up and join in on the fun!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
OK, sorry for the delay. This is always the hardest topic to tabulate.

The members have spoken.

Congratulations to Milage007 and No64DD, you are co-winners of our 2016 Contributor of the year award :yeah:

Offline Profile Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Prior Awards · Next Topic »
Add Reply