Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Proud owner of a brand new (not no new) N64
Topic Started: Dec 3 2016, 03:52 AM (958 Views)
Hydey
Hi all,

After 19 or so years pining after one, I finally have my holy grail!

Wanted to join a community where I can share my nostalgia or playing friends n64s and winning Pokemon Stadium tournaments at Burger King establishments (well, just the one...).

Unfortunately my n64 is unboxed. Never realised how hard it was to find the boxes now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hydey
Shellshocker18
Dec 3 2016, 04:21 AM
Glad you finally got a console, now you just have to find some games. You do want some games to go with that system right?

Welcome to :n64: 64Forever! Hope to see you around!
I've already got 7 games since purchasing it :)

Well, it came with 007 (boxed) and Earthworm Jim 3D (cart only).

Since then I've got Carmageddon 64, Turok 2, Mission Impossible (these came in a bundle on ebay for £9 delivered).

Also got Pokemon Stadium for £9.50 (was a listing in my local area so got lucky with this one).

Got Rayman 2 on the way which I made a sneaky bid in the middle of the night whilst working a nightshift.

Going to leave it at that for now as my next purchase is going to be an Expansion Pak as unfortunately it didn't come with one. I also want to save up a bit for the usual Zelda's and Mario's people get, but they're always upwards of £20 cart only so may need to wait a bit :)
Thank you for the welcomes, btw.

N64's aren't rare per sť in my area, it's because I purchased it from a local shop but un-boxed. I really want a box for it though, for collectors sake :)

The Burger King thing was basically a competition in the upstairs area and I won and got to choose anything I wanted. I chose a Pokeball with a gold plated card thing inside, similar to below:

Posted Image

I think mine was a Togebi one rather than Mewtwo though :)
Edited by Hydey, Dec 3 2016, 08:34 AM.

Hydey
No64DD
Dec 3 2016, 09:19 AM
That is an interesting detail about Burger King.
It's unrelated, but at the time, Mc'Donalds had their own kiosks with N64, but not all of them!
It must have been fun though. Congrats!
N64 at McDonalds would be awesome :)

Hydey
Aha typical. UK or US?

Grown my collection since last post. Managed to pick up OoT for £15, CIB, appears mint on the listing (should be delivered today/tomorrow).

Hydey
Thanks all :) Had a hectic few weeks with buying a house and Christmas and what not.

Hydey
Thanks all. As I mentioned on another thread, we move into the new house next weekend, so looking forward to finally getting my study/man cave/retro gaming heaven set up :)

My Nostalgia points to particular games rather than genres. I finally managed to get the N64 out the other day and 'de-flowered' it with Pokemon Stadium. Did not disappoint.

Other than PS, fave games are Goldeneye. A franchise I'm particularly fond of from the Megadrive/SNES days is Earthworm Jim, of which I've got the N64 version also.

As you can see, 3 entirely different games :)

I recently purchased a Gameboy Color also so I could use those Pokemon from Pokemon Yellow in my Stadium game.

May need to reign it in a bit because I think I'm addicted (obsessed?!).

« Previous Topic · Welcome and Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply