Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What if the N64 was disk based?; Alternative reality!
Topic Started: Dec 12 2016, 04:54 PM (451 Views)
Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
Cartridges! I love my carts. I would rather have a system built around cart based gaming than a disc any day. It is not out of nostalgia, for me, it is out of preference for my gaming. I am so happy that Nintendo stuck to their guns and gave us the beloved N64 in all its glory. It set the standard for present day 3D world gameplay. Its innovation changed the way we game.

Presently technology has out ran the disc media and at some point I believe that they will either have to return to some form of flash cart based gaming, digital download, or cloud based games. That is why consoles have that hard drive built in, it can't access the needed code fast enough from the disc drive to prevent heavy load times.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
Loving my Ridge Racer 64. On a cart, who would have thought? Only The N64 could have accomplished that piece of work. I cherished that from day one, back in the day. Couldn't wait to get my hands on the game. And it instantly became my favorite version of the game. Brought to me by Nintendo going against the grain of a gaming generation basing the N64 on carts, thumbing their nose at the disc.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply