Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Super Smash Bros; January Game of the Month
Topic Started: Jan 1 2017, 10:50 AM (1,530 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Super Smash Bros won our Game of the Month vote off by a healthy margin.

It is a title that I truly was not interested in back when it came out. In 2001 I found out that my wife and her family loved the game. They played it every weekend when they got together. Soon, I was joining them. They were seasoned pros though, and I was a green rookie. Playing as Link, I got my butt handed to me weekly, and NEVER won a single game we played :lol: I found the game to be enjoyable though, even in defeat.

In the years after, we moved on to playing the follow ups on Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U. On Gamecube I still never won a battle. I used both Link and Ganondorf. My wife used Kirby, her twin used Pikachu, and my bro in laws used Mario and Donkey Kong primarily.

Now we play on the Wii U when we get together. Last year about this time, I won my first battle ever against them. I have won a good bit since as well. I still use Link and Ganondorf some, but Little Mac became my favorite. I make them hate him, and I enjoy my sweet revenge :yeah:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
shellshocker, I owned and enjoyed Fighter's Destiny as well. I am not surprised to see someone mention it.

To be honest though, my favorite "fighting" games for N64 were a bit unconventional.... in the form of THQ/AKI wrestling games :yeah:

So who was your character of choice on SSB everyone?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply