Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Games You've Finished in 2017
Topic Started: Jan 2 2017, 06:42 AM (4,783 Views)
buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Here's the new Topic for games beat in 2017. Good luck everyone, hopefully I can beat my 31 of 2016 :yeah:
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Well I've got a good head start already this year because by the end of 2016 I was at the very end of Majora's Mask and the Adventures of Lolo on NES so I beat both of those on New Years Night. The first real game that I've beaten from beginning to end this year though was SkyBlazer on Snes which is an action platformer famous for being short and easy, only about an hour and a half long, but I needed something to ease me back into Snes since I only beat two games last year.

January
N64 - Majora's Mask
NES - Adventures of Lolo
Snes - Skyblazer
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Xbox 360
Condemned - Criminal origins

First game of the year finished and it was really enjoyable. The atmosphere of the game was great and at times really made me jump. Combat was a little boring after awhile but still a great game.

Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
My first completion of the year is already knocked out and I'm pleasantly surprised to announce it was a Nintendo 64 game: Destruction Derby 64. I've played it before but never all the way through the World Championship mode. It was a really fun journey as I cannot find my memory pak so I just stuck with it until the end. I'm so glad I got a CRT TV for my bedroom.

Destruction Derby 64 - N64 (January 4, 2017)

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
And the first one of the year is down:

PS3
Mass Effect

I'm going to focus on my backlog for a while, but I wanted to both play the first game and setup for a FemShep playthrough, so I did both.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Xbox 360
Condemned - Criminal origins - Jan

Megadrive
Chuck Rock - Jan

2 Down :) really didnt enjoy this one though, never owned it as a kid and couldn't think why as its a popular game. Hit range wasn't great so heard to hit without getting hit. Only 5 levels as well so didn't take long to finish. Another one of the list though :yeah:
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
First one completed for me. The Lion King on Sega Megadrive. Played this quite a bit back in the day as I borrowed it off my mate. Don't think I ever completed it all the way through so been meaning to knock this one out for a while.

Sega Megadrive:
-The Lion King
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

DirtyTastingSpoons
Member Avatar
The only game I have beaten from start to finish this year is Super Mario 64. I'm also really close to getting all 120 Stars for the first time! After 110 stars I can safely say that I hate this game x)
Check out my music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuUm43ELv9mFTE44c-Zokw / https://www.soundcloud.com/nobodyshomepunk

NTSC - 44/296
NTSC-J - 14/196

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Beaten, but not...fully beaten. Yet.
No spoilers!
Will update when/if I do the stuff and the things. 😋

Super Mario 64 is amazing.
I've really enjoyed how being good at Mario 64 has really good rewards for skills learnt and habits built in the sequels 😉

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Big update with 4 games, 1 super famicom game and 3 games for the n64 beat em all.
The 3 n64 games were Worms Armageddon, Transformers Beast Wars, and Golden Nugget 64, which was every bit as fun as you can imagine.

The Super Famicom game is called Gunman's Proof and is like a top down Zelda game with dungeons and bosses, except it has guns, a western setting, and an earthbound style of visuals and humor. It's not as amazing as the description makes it sound but it is a very solid game that came out well into the N64's life so it never made it to the states. Unfortunate because it's really a gem.

January

N64 - Majora's Mask, Golden Nugget,Transformers Beast Wars, Worms Armageddon
NES - Adventures of Lolo
Snes - Skyblazer, Gunmans Proof
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I'm still on 1 not quite finished game, probably because I picked a pretty big game, but also back to work.

...and there is so much dam cricket I have to watch.
Lynnsanity!

Anyway, I have a fair idea what I'm going to try and do this year, depending on how much the NX cuts into my gaming time (in a good way).
Anyway, I want to beat a whole heap of games that I never finished for whatever reason.
Some may have been too hard as a kid and others I never really gave a proper chance and or got bored/other games came along.

This Mario Marathon I've been on may have only just begun...
I'm a little ashamed to admit I've never beaten any of the 2D Mario games or Donkey Kong Country.
Time to right that wrong 🤓

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
The Red Shadow
Jan 5 2017, 08:06 AM
Destruction Derby 64 - N64 (January 4, 2017)
Next game completion of 2017 is in the bag as I knocked out Watch Dogs on PS4 yesterday. I found the game to be really fun although the story took some time to get interesting. Thank goodness for all the typical open world fare that keeps you busy in between the story missions. Aside from a few difficult missions that handed me my backside over and over and one narrative decision that I didn't care for, this was an 8 out of 10 game for me.

Watch Dogs - PS4 (January 10, 2017)

Kamikaze
First one down. Not completely honest since I started it in 2016 and all I had to do was grind a lot and beat the elite four. But it's done.

Nintendo DS
Pokemon HeartGold (jan 11th)
Edited by Kamikaze, Jan 11 2017, 02:24 PM.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Notched my second and third for the year, as above, going to keep my Megadrive setup as there are still a handful of games I want to complete. There are some I have never completed but owned since a kid and some which I have but not since I was a kid. Today I completed The Terminator which I remember completing. Decent enough game but it has to be like the shortest game I have ever played. I also completed Streets of Rage II. Used to love playing the crap out of this as a kid with my neighbour at the time who had this game. So many fond memories. Didn't take long as I ran through it on easy mode.

Sega Megadrive:
-The Lion King
-The Terminator
-Streets of Rage II

Spoiler: click to toggle

Edited by Milage007, Jan 12 2017, 09:23 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Knocked out Robocop Vs The Terminator on the Megadrive today. Man I loved this game as a kid. Two of my favourite films banged into one video game.

True story: As a kid we had Robocop on self recorded VHS and it must have been a censored version, because it was violent for sure but not THAT bad. When I watched the film on Netflix a few years ago it was brutal. I was like, I don't remember that, man I don't remember that much gore. I was shocked to say the least. Still a great film, and trilogy really, although 3 was a bit whack.

Anyway, pleased to notch another one off and another Megadrive game. I had completed this before but many years ago.

Sega Megadrive:
-The Lion King
-The Terminator
-Streets of Rage II
-Robocop Vs The Terminator
Edited by Milage007, Jan 14 2017, 09:22 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
So it took me a little while, and for a short spell, I thought I glitched the game and wouldn't even be able to 100% it, but now I've finally completed my first game of 2017... and also quite possibly (ALREADY!) my favorite game played this year... EAGLE FLIGHT!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I know it won't be for everyone (and being a VR game, hardly anyone will actually play it), but this game for me was an ABSOLUTE DELIGHT. :wub:
tldr; I love this game.

games/DLC finished this year:
01/17 - Eagle Flight (100%)

On a completely separate note, I also finished 2 free mobile games I came across recently courtesy of Waypoint (read this article if you're curious!), but they're both so tiny I'm not sure they really count as "true" game completions:
01/15 - Hidden My Game by Mom (100%)
01/17 - Hidden My Game by Mom 2 (100%)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I've heard great things about Eagle Flight and your enthusiasm makes me want to try it even more. Wow vr games are already being beaten in 2017. The future is here. By this time next year I wonder how many people will be playing with vr.

Anyway I've got 4 more n64 games, Wonder Project J2 100%, Mario Kart 64 on 50cc, Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero, and Sin&Punishment on Easy mode.

January†

N64 - Majora's Mask, Golden Nugget,Transformers Beast Wars, Worms Armageddon, Sin&Punishment (easy), Wonder Project J2 100%, Mario Kart 64 50cc, Mk: Mythologies
NES - Adventures of Lolo
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Cleared Sonic 3 today. The best and my favourite of the Sonic franchise on the system in my opinion. Love Super Sonic just pure awesomeness.

Sega Megadrive:
-The Lion King
-The Terminator
-Streets of Rage II
-Sonic 3

Edited by Milage007, Jan 21 2017, 10:03 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I've got 2 more games both of which were very short to beat. 1 n64 game and my second NES game for the year. I beat the story mode in Rakuga Kids, and a Batman style action platformer called Kabuki Quantum Fighter. Both somewhat obscure but gems of their respective consoles. Quantum Fighter is only 30 minutes long by the way and that's only the first playthrough. Still a good time killer though.

January

N64 - Majora's Mask, Golden Nugget,Transformers Beast Wars, Worms Armageddon, Sin&Punishment (easy), Wonder Project J2 100%, Mario Kart 64 50cc, Mk: Mythologies, Rakuga Kids
NES - Adventures of Lolo, Kabuki Quantum Fighter
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Xbox 360
Borderlands - Jan

Megadrive
Chuck Rock - Jan

Finished the first Borderlands, its never appealed to me before but I'm so glad I took the time to play it. Such a fun shooter and the RPG elements were great too. Going to pick up the Xbox one versions of the next two games now. Going for cheap at the moment so I think I got into this series just in time :w00t:
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
PS3
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC

Wii U
Super Mario 3D World

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Xbox 360
Borderlands - Jan

Megadrive
Chuck Rock - Jan

3DS
Links Awakening - 3DS VC - Jan

First time I've played this zelda and I really didn't like it much. Found it really boring for some reason.
Edited by buddy1983, Jan 26 2017, 07:35 AM.
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
@White Falcon: Congrats on your Wii U acquisition and your first Wii U win. Hope you enjoyed it . . . I really did.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
I'd actually played it in 2014 with my first Wii U, but I loved it for the second play through just as much. Best final boss level in a Mario game, IMO.

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
More stuff. Sonic 3 via the GameCube mega collection, Mace The Dark Age and Nuclear Strike for n64. Also Powerpuff Girls Chemical X-traction was a good one. I especially like how the powerpuff girls theme song loops over and over. I also beat Mario 3 for the first time since playing it on my gba in elementary school, although this time I beat the Snes Mario All-Stars version, which is technically the same game but eh who cares. I actually tried playing the NES version but the music cutting out everytime a sound effect played ruined it for me, so I had to settle playing with the Super Nintendo controller :-X

January

N64 - Majora's Mask, Golden Nugget,Transformers Beast Wars, Worms Armageddon, Sin&Punishment (easy), Wonder Project J2 100%, Mario Kart 64 50cc, Mk: Mythologies, Rakuga Kids, Powerpuff Grills, Mace The Dark Age, Nuclear Strike
Snes - Skyblazer, Gunmans Proof, Super Mario Bros. 3,
GameCube - Sonic 3
Edited by Shellshocker18, Jan 26 2017, 02:26 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Shellshocker18
Jan 26 2017, 02:25 PM
so I had to settle playing with the Super Nintendo controller :-X
OMG, I thought I was alone in the desert on that one. Never cared for that controller at all. Keep up the great work!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
2nd (real) game of the year now completed... Lollipop Chainsaw. An unapologetically goofy romp of a game... quite enjoyable! Basically a straightforward brawler with the kind of silly-fun attitude of Dead Rising and Saints Row the Third, but with more cheerleaders & chainsaws. Haven't played a Suda51 game before, but am looking forward to eventually diving into the others. :yeah:

games/DLC finished this year:
01/17 - Eagle Flight (100%)
01/27 - Lollipop Chainsaw (100%)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Completed Mission Impossible today on 'possible' mode on the N64. Was actually more challenging than I remember it at times. Definitely looking to beat it again on 'impossible' but in due course with so many games I want to knock out at the moment.

Sega Megadrive:
-The Lion King
-The Terminator
-Streets of Rage II
-Sonic 3

Nintendo 64:
-Mission Impossible
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Two more additions. Rayman 2 and more interestingly Resident Evil 7 with my cousin. A lot of mainstream publications love it but some people aren't happy with the game. Resident Evil games haven taken on so many different genres and tones and any series that goes on for this long will have polarizing opinions but as far my experience goes this game was very enjoyable, much more so than games like Re6 and the Revelations series. He bought the season pass so hopefully the dlc is as good as most parts of the main game.

January

N64 - Majora's Mask, Golden Nugget,Transformers Beast Wars, Worms Armageddon, Sin&Punishment (easy), Wonder Project J2 100%, Mario Kart 64 50cc, Mk: Mythologies, Rakuga Kids, Powerpuff Grills, Mace The Dark Age, Nuclear Strike, Rayman 2
Snes - Skyblazer, Gunmans Proof, Super Mario Bros. 3,
GameCube - Sonic 3
Xbox One: Resident Evil 7
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Woah! Looks like some of you have quite the list already, huh? It's always fun reading what everyone else has been beating and now I can finally share a completion of my own. Well... actually, I've got five games in the bag for my first post. :lol:

Wii
- NEW The King of Fighters '94 (as Fatal Fury Team) (played on The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga)
- NEW The King of Fighters '95 (as Fatal Fury Team) (played on The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga)
- NEW The King of Fighters '96 (as Fatal Fury Team) (played on The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga)
- NEW The King of Fighters '97 (as Fatal Fury Team) (played on The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga)
- NEW The King of Fighters '98: The Slugfest (as Fatal Fury Team) (played on The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga)

Yes all five games in The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga have been beaten and are my first victories for 2017. While I personally had a fun time with all five games, I can only truly recommend KOF '96-'98 (those last two especially if you've been playing Capcom fighting games your whole life like me). KOF '94 doesn't even let you make your own custom team and '95, while better than '94, still feels a bit on the stiff side. Still, none of these games are even close to "bad" or anything like that. I just have my favorites. ^_^

If you're going to buy this collection for the Wii, make absolutely sure you have either a GameCube controller, a fight stick or a Classic controller (like me!). These games were NOT made with the Wiimote in mind (with or without the Nunchuk). I know buying a controller you may not have for one game (or, in this case, five) might not seem ideal, but it's either that or get beaten up by Shingo and no one wants that. >_>
Posted Image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: