Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mymee64 checking in!; I have found my people!
Topic Started: Jan 19 2017, 07:49 PM (836 Views)
MymeeN64
Member Avatar
My name is Melody, and I am 27 years old and live in illinois.

About 2 years ago we were decluttering at my moms. My parents got every console and many games over the years so i had to make a decision..... N64 or PS1? I have very fond memories of Tomba and Spyro but the N64 is what really captures the innocent carefree joy of my childhood. The hard, smooth plastic of the cartridges! The feel and sound of the clicking in of accessories! Woooo! I was hooked all over again.

Many of the games and controllers have been broken or lost over the years so i didnt have much to start with. I did find my favorite yellow controller, and my brothers black one. Sentiment to the max. I could only find half a dozen games?

Flash forward to today and now I have over 100 games, 2 consoles, 4 nuby reality vests, pelican tilt pak, the glove! and more! I'm so excited to share my love and excitement with others who feel the same!

"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Thank you! :D looking at everyone's collections so far has been my favorite

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
The Nuby reality vest is a one size fits most vest the has 6 individual rumble paks attached to it! It plugs into the back of your controller. This thing takes 2 AAA batteries for the controller rumbler, and 4 AA batteries for the vest itself!! There are 4 different settings for how you would like your rumbles! (Front to back, random, ect)

I will say that wearing one for a while does get you a little hot! It has been the most fun with smash bros and star fox so far.

https://youtu.be/RdIbtS2R5Js You can see it on the youtube video I found. Nuby did make a vest for the PS1 but the wires/accents are grey and the 64 has the sweet yellow wires/accents. I will post pictures soon!

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Beat you to it No64DD! I already replied to you there last night ;) that thread caught my attention right away!

And thank you... the intro board is a big deal! :)

4 vests going at the same time gets noisey and hot.... in a great, great way :wub:

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Posted ImageMilage007..... i think you might like this!

Just a photo i found online :) maybe ill be prefect dark some halloween and it'll just be a small one close up around my eye haha
Ok!!! So i finally made a photobucket so i can share some pictures!! These are old pictures. I have some things coming in the mail so I will update photos when I get my goods!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
The Bio Sensor!!!! Woo!! I dont have the game yet!

Posted Image
I have many more games now... they get a spine label after they are tested and cleaned. My favorite carts have Blockbuster or small no-name rental stickers. I have zero interest collecting anything mint or CiB, I want the beat up carts with sloppy children's hand writing, something that was used and loved! I believe the joy and energy is stuck in that plastic forever! (Hopefully not the frustration haha) however... some boxes are pretty neat to have and see. :)

My foam on my glove is a little chewed on.....

Im very happy with my pelican tilt pak!! Working and awesome. I like how you can add batteries to make it rumble. I dont in case it knocks something loose in there! Ha

And my original game shark still works! I have really only used it on rampage so we can all be the bat all the time! :)
Edited by MymeeN64, Jan 21 2017, 09:52 AM.

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Tetris is very addicting!

Signature..... check! :)

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
I defiantly agree about that! I remember reading something about how the nintendo64 did appeal more to families vs the competition with mostly adult titles and shooters.

I love how my son calls it the pretendo. (Pretend/nintendo) so cute. I didnt expect to feel so proud when my son started playing on his own. His objectives are sweet.... standing next to other characters, picking up rocks and bushes, killing the occasional bad guy. My favorite is when he plays a GB pokemon (via p. stadium) and sits at the table with his mom. Haha kids :)

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Im glad to be had!

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Woo! Like over marios face? So its turtle smash bros now? :)

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
@ItalianBaptist good... good.... now, think BIGGER
Spoiler: click to toggle

:applause:
D.J.Cat i love your avatar, so funny. Its my fave! Did that really happen? Haha photoshop?

Carts are so great!! A clumsy person like me needs something heavy duty! They dont make things like they used too!
First mod! Check it out! :yeah:
Edited by MymeeN64, Jan 27 2017, 07:32 PM.

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Deemoney! Thats what im talkin bout!! Woo Jordan! :yeah:

GO BULLS!! :applause:

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Welcome and Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply