Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Beginning the N64 collection journey
Topic Started: Feb 8 2017, 05:18 PM (473 Views)
Darkham
Hey All,

After seeing some collections I've decided to start collecting myself.

Having played the console so much as a kid, the N64 will forever have a place in my heart.

Have a few questions for collectors in U.K. and Europe..

Mainly where to buy - only places I have found are eBay, CEX and retro stores (issue with this is they all know the prices too well)... 110 for Conkers BFD seems extortionate...

Then I come to the crossroads of do I want the box, or do I go customs cases from that US website..

Hoping you will all be able to pass on your wisdom. Please see my current collection below (which I dug out of my parents loft today..)

Let me know your thoughts :)

https://imageshack.us/i/poHn4LwNj

Posted Image
Edited by Darkham, Feb 8 2017, 05:28 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Darkham
Thanks for replying, BlueDog.

Just taken a look at your gallery, love the green N64 - think you may have swayed me with the cases. Completely agree with creases haha, would have to fork out for the mint boxes (which I'm not too sure I want to shell out for right now)

Having a Mario Party party this weekend - excited to tear up my palm winding that shy guy..

Darkham
Thanks, Milage!

My feeling is I will go cart only - picking up CIB when I see a good deal. I will keep posting updates over time to see how I progress. I just love collecting - although my wallet and girlfriend aren't as excited by it.

As for US artwork to PAL I'm divided - smash bros for US is superior, whereas OoT PAL is much cleaner to me.

Thanks for the advice, heading to a car boot Sunday so will post any finds (fingers crossed)

:)

Darkham
Hi Mymee! Thank you for the welcome. Must admit, it all came back to me when I brought it all down! If I'm honest, I'm not too sure what the Ultra 64 actually does.
Yeah it is - the hunt is most of the fun for me :)

Thanks, Kartmaster - great advice !!

« Previous Topic · Welcome and Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply