Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Retrogate Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Topic Started: Feb 11 2017, 10:43 PM (1,272 Views)
Depends on what you mean by "some items", there are several interesting changes for MM on the Gamecube, OoT is more or less an updated version of the PAL roms as far as bug fixes go and the obvious Gerudo symbol censorship. The original USA MM release for N64 has a rather annoying bug that skips over certain sounds throughout that script that was later fixed on the PAL and GC roms, but the GC version has other odd reversions to the original Japanese release and misses the text corrections from the PAL script.

The VC versions are essentially the original N64 games with altered textures added at run time. The VC release of OoT censors the Gerudo symbol while omitting Ganondorf's cape but adding the ceiling texture in the Dampe race and one of the Poe's hats, some textures in Goron City, and lava (there might be a handful of others I need to look at the dump again). The VC release of MM darkens the textures for Goron Link, makes the stray fairies darker, shrinks the flame textures, changes the color of the death armos shield, wart, twinmold, and a handful of wall/floor textures.

My suggestion: stick with an Everdrive 64 and the original source of the OoT:MQ rom patch that was used for the "best" way to play.
Edited by aroenai, Sep 10 2017, 11:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply