Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Just picked up a boxed foxdata
Topic Started: Feb 12 2017, 02:06 PM (873 Views)
Houghton0609
Basically as the title says, I've just picked up a boxed purple foxdata pad. Not many of these around loose, and I think this is the only boxed purple around.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Amazing mate as I said earlier. Slightly concerns me how potentially easy it may be to copy the sticker. Perhaps via Conker we can get the CEO to confirm 100% this is genuinely how they were returned to clients who sent them off in the post? Just a thought, I don't doubt the authenticity, just because we have nothing to compare it to? An email attached as some sort of evidence from the CEO of Foxdata LTD would be massive.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Houghton0609
This is the only other boxed foxdata I know of.

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Even though each Series 2 FoxData controller is slightly different, i really like how the pattern came out on that Purple Forest!
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
that is sweet as hell. don't know how you guys find these but kudos to you !

jonebone
Member Avatar
Cool find indeed!

Jsboger
Member Avatar
Established Member
Awesome pickup! Love the way it looks.
Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!

Houghton0609
Cheers guys, this wasn't a cheap pick up, but I'm glad to have this in the collection.

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
Sweet man!!

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Excellent pick up as always Houghton! :yeah:

I've been doing some research on the Foxdata controllers for a few years now, and I was going to post what I've learned in the other thread but may as well add some of it here as it may be helpful to someone.

So with the Series 1 controllers the only way you could purchase them was to contact Foxdata directly and either order them from new, or send in your existing controller to get it chromed.

This changed for the Series 2 controllers as the company found a distributor, a shop in Leeds called C. M. T. Games, and as far as I can tell this was the only way to purchase these ones, you couldn't send in your own to be changed. As mentioned in Conker's interview, Nintendo wouldn't let the company buy controllers wholesale, so they just bought whatever boxes they could from all over Europe, then slapped on 2 Foxdata stickers on the box; one on the front, one on the top. As you can kind of make out from their original advertising:
Posted Image

Presumably all Series 2 controllers would have initally been bought with one of these boxes yet strangely you hardly ever see them. Yours is the first boxed Purple Forest I have seen and I've still yet to come across a Red Rain, but here's proof of a Desert Storm one:
Posted Image

Edited by danilochka, Feb 17 2017, 10:17 AM.
Posted Image

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Wow, awesome digging like always Dani.
Nice you found a desert box, I had only seen the leopard one prior to this thread.
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
danilochka
Feb 17 2017, 10:15 AM
here's proof of a Desert Storm one
I've actually been meaning to take a picture of my Desert Storm box, but it looks like you've dug up the auction picture from years ago when I purchased it! :yeah:

Yup, I'm the owner of that boxed Desert Storm... let me know if anyone wants more pictures, but it's pretty straight-forward as you see it in the picture above.
Edited by ddr2nite, Feb 17 2017, 12:13 PM.
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Haha what a small world mate!

Yeah I've had that image saved since the 10th of October 2011, coincidently the same day that I signed up to the forum.

Hopefully we'll get to see a Red Rain box one day, it looks like it might use a different font to the others.
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Thanks for sharing danilochka great digging. Agreed it would be great to see a Red Rain now.

ddr2nite at your earliest convenience, please could you provide alternate pics of your Desert box? That would be awesome. Can you remember how much you picked that up for? Also where was the seller based if you can recall? Great find.
Edited by Milage007, Feb 18 2017, 04:42 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Houghton0609
Awesome stuff guys! I would also like to see more pics dd, and like milage has asked, any background info you cab remember.

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
Here you go, the photos are in the spoiler below:

Spoiler: click to toggle

As I was going through my pictures archives, I found pictures that I had saved/downloaded previously that Alxbly has posted. He has 2 boxed FoxData controllers as well - he's got a boxed Desert Storm as well as a Chrome Leopard.
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply