Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Our New Aquarium
Topic Started: Feb 21 2017, 04:26 PM (924 Views)
Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Very nice Stinger! Good little setup you have there.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Sublime: Sorry about your Watchman. Our local fish store has one right by the door. Neat little fellows that remind me of the Pearly Jawfish we are planing to get. I would love to see a pic of your set up should you ever get the chance :yeah:

Thanks Milage :)

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
Thanks man. It's not much now. When we move I'll actually start adding to it. I'll snap some pics tomorrow.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Awesome! I should be picking up our first first or two this coming Thursday.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Assuming photobucket cooperates here, I wanted to post some pics of our new family.

Posted Image

Named by my daughter, Nemo (with the bottom fins) and Neyland (Without bottom fins)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Our Brittle Star (Doc) & Serpent Star (Marty)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And our tiniest baby, Biff (Yellow Watchman Goby)

Posted Image

And yes, we love Back to the Future :lol:

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
It must be exciting to finally add marine life!

Can Goby get along with other Goby?
Edited by No64DD, May 23 2017, 03:42 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Yes it is exciting!

Technically from what we have read and discussed with our local fish store, yes. As long as they don't compete for the same job/territory. Though we plan to get a red and purple fire goby, they are apparently categorized technically as dart fish despite having goby in the name. The watchman goby will hang out at the bottom with the jawfish, but that should be fine given the overall area of the tank. He may try to room with the jawfish in their holes actually, which could be pretty funny to watch. The neon goby we are getting stays busy swimming, so it doesn't appear to be an issue either.

Basically I check compatibility charts, look for firsthand encounters online mixing the combinations, and then confirm with the local fish store.

Speaking of goby, I REALLY want a diamond goby as well. I think that would just give us too many bottom dwellers and don't want to overload the tank.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Nice!!
I've been familiar with this trade over the years, but wasn't sure if i was correctly told that about Goby.
You're right, research helps.
I had to look up Diamond Goby. Very cool! It looks like it would camouflage into your tank's surroundings very well.

They remind me of my favorite...

Spoiler: click to toggle

Edited by No64DD, May 23 2017, 07:59 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I could have guessed. We will have one, but after a year. Have to give plenty of time to have a huge colony of copepods. They said we would need 70-80 lbs of live rock to support the pods, so we went with 80 lbs. My refugium in the sump has a sand bed, even more live rock, and chaeto algae. It will give the copepods a save place to live and colonize. Little bits will slip through the return pump and into the tank, where there should colonize as well. My wife even has a name for it picked out, Asia :)

It is a super peaceful fish, and the others will leave it alone as it has a slightly noxious slime coat on it that keeps other fish away :lol:

You are absolutely right, Gobys do rule!

Have you ever seen a Lawnmower Blenny? They are awesome, and we plan to get one of those after about 2-3 more months.
All together our intended stock levels -
2 Clowns
2 Jawfish
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Red Firefish
1 Purple Firefish (Not 100% sure if we can make both a red and purple work and get along yet)
1 Neon Goby
1 Cardinal Fish
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Royal Gramma (Some territorial issues with some, so not totally sure yet)
1 Green Mandarin
1 Serpent Star
1 Brittle Star
1 Feather Duster
1 or 2 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

The other 2 we may consider if we get all that added and are still doing good from a bio-load/space standpoint (approx 39" of adult fish not counting invertebrates)
-Diamond Goby
-Pajama Cardinal

I do not plan to go to crazy on coral. Just keep some softies. Going to start with Green Star Polyps and Zoa, and then add some Xenia and Leathers later maybe.

I have a 10 gallon quarantine tank that will be cycled and ready in two weeks. This will allow me to keep new fishes in isolation for 2-4 weeks where we can observe them and make sure they are well before putting them in the main tank. That way we do not risk harming our little community as it grows. :yeah:

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
stinger9142
May 23 2017, 09:41 PM
Have you ever seen a Lawnmower Blenny?
:P

No i have not. It's probably because they blend in so well.
That is one great lineup you have in store though!

Edited by No64DD, May 24 2017, 06:31 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: