Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New foxdata chrome series pads
Topic Started: Feb 22 2017, 03:00 PM (659 Views)
Houghton0609
Established Member
Here's pics of my chrome series 1 pads from foxdata, enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And 1 of my full foxdata collection

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Awesome mate couldn't have gone to a better home. Seeing them all together like that is such a great sight for sore eyes. Amazing accomplishment!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Cabanon
Elite
gratz mate. really cool to see of them altogether.

Conker69
Welcome to the club dude !!! Glad you got a set.
Just a simple guy with an average collection.

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
Congrats on the full set! I saw someone (that wasn't Conker69) post a picture on Instagram and wasn't sure who it was... now I know!
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Really cool that Fox data found and is selling these. I contacted them too but the prices were insanely steep for me to justify buying. I wish I had the funds for it. Your full set looks incredible! Really nice to see it completed in the community. The systems they have are neat too
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
how much do these latest series go for each?

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Hundreds per controller. A full set is over $1000
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Houghton0609
Established Member
I've actually returned my set of chrome pads back to "foxdata" back to only owning the 4 series 2 pads.

Cabanon
Elite
uh, why ?

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
YES WHY 2

Houghton0609
Established Member
I had my doubts about authenticity of the pads being genuine 1997 pads like they were claiming. Now this is my view and opinion on the matter and I'm not trying to force my views on anyone. I 100% believe that it is the original foxdata selling these pads tho.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I actually agree with Houghton and got wrapped up in an unnecessary commotion over stating an opinion. Agree it is one of the original directors rolling the stuff out so from that aspect it's authentic but the trouble is the merchandise (consoles and controllers) are being sold as old stock manufactured back in the day when there are certain things which suggest this is not the case. Again my personal opinion.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
For that reason, maybe you can understand why a customer invested from the beginning would consider returning them.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
thanks, make sense now.

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
why is everyone talking so hush hush? we are allowed to discuss whatever opinions we have thats why we are all here! some people carry on like little kids. bigger battles in the sea than nintendo collecting lol. I'd even say its clearly a modern con in my opinion. old stock what a joke! people arn't idiots? ok maybe a few who actually believed them and payed up (no offence). no different to theGT they both in the same boat just manipulating differently. just be honest with yourself and believe your gutt! if you really wanna test them send them into the lab and do a paint analysis. can tell you all about the kind of paint used the chemicals in the paint the age of the paint every detail you want. (test a new version cough cough old stock still loling, and an original older version,) although i wouldn't bother myself ive got a pretty good idea i dont need to be told. very risky business if someone does this and finds discrepancies............

keep in mind all original n64 controllers are technically old stock! but that doesn't mean the paint is!.................. do they say they are painted old stock?

https://www.endole.co.uk/company/09922548/foxdata-ltd?page=overview

here is a link to the foxdata ltd company details. click through the tabs you will find all the information you need to make your mind up yourself! and the google street view is perfect! i think i can see the shed where the spraying takes place :nope:
Edited by Strider, Jun 22 2017, 05:36 AM.

Houghton0609
Established Member
The pads are not sprayed!
Edited by Houghton0609, Jun 22 2017, 08:03 AM.

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
@strider The part that makes this contentious is the value of these controllers are a matter of faith at this point. For those that believe these are genuine old stock, their perceived value is high. For those who don't believe, it's throwing good money after bad.

It's like trying to discuss religion. People are passionate about what they believe, and no one can definitively prove it one way or the other. And both sides can build a convincing case.

Discussion of these FoxData controllers is relevant to N64 collecting one way or the other. And it can continue only on a civil basis without personal attack. But if the emotions get out of hand, this will just be another locked FoxData thread.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

jonebone
Member Avatar
Not just that, but couldn't any custom maker just do a chrome spray? Custom stuff is awesome and commands quite a price tag but it's not the same as authentic Nintendo.

CKSigns1 (my favorite custom maker besides Zoki) did a solid blue chrome way back in March of 2016, way before the new Foxdata chrome pads were discussed. It doesn't look to be a 1 for 1 exact match but it was pretty :cussfit: close, and purely by coincidence.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDB9TRQjDoG/?taken-by=cksigns1

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply