Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Greetings to Fellow N64 Enthusiasts
Topic Started: Mar 10 2017, 08:58 AM (667 Views)
Shy Guy
Member Avatar
Hello!

As a long-time N64 fan, I am pleased to finally join your community! I have lurked/browsed these forums for some time now, and I'm happy to finally introduce myself. I'm always happy to read about/discuss games, especially those created for such a fantastic system as the N64!

Besides playing N64, my other interests include classical music (I've played the piano for many years), Bethesda's The Elder Scrolls series, MUDing, and various forms of crafting (origami, knitting, crocheting, cooking, etc.)

Currently, my (admittedly small) N64 collection includes:

Banjo-Tooie
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Party 2
Mario Kart
NHL '99
Paper Mario
Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64
Wave Race 64
Yoshi's Story

As you can see, I have many gaps! Currently I'm playing through OOT again, which has been great. I'm open to suggestions for other games I should experience!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. Glad you decided to join in. Small or not, you have a nice collection! :yeah: I too love Elder Scrolls!

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Hi and welcome to the community Shy Guy! I love your avatar. Hope to see you around :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
:blink: Sorry for my ignorance but whats MUDing ?

Welcome :)
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Jsboger
Member Avatar
Established Member
Hello and welcome!
Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!

Shy Guy
Member Avatar
buddy1983
Mar 11 2017, 02:27 AM
:blink: Sorry for my ignorance but whats MUDing ?

Welcome :)
Ahh, I am glad you asked. :) It's a rather old form of text-based online multiplayer game. The Two Towers MUD is where I hang about. I'd recommend it to anyone who'd enjoy something like a cross between Rogue and a text adventure, with multiplayer community thrown in. Plus, T2Tmud is Tolkien-based, which makes it awesome. :P

And thanks for the welcome, everyone! :n64:
Posted Image

Wildfiremicro
Member Avatar
Established Member
Welcome to the forums!
You should check out the Shante series if you like 2D platformers
We are all mad here
Rip and tear until it's done
Youtube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzsB1vGRWSrVZ4GNkdY856w

Shy Guy
Member Avatar
Wildfiremicro
Mar 11 2017, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the forums!
You should check out the Shante series if you like 2D platformers
That does look like a fun series. Never heard of it myself, but I do like 2D platformers. My GBA is back home, though I see that the sequels are available on Steam.
Edited by Shy Guy, Mar 11 2017, 10:41 PM.
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Welcome to the forum! Nice collection you have. Always room for Goldeneye in any N64 collection. Great FPS as you are probably aware. But if platformers are your thing how about Banjo Kazooie? I think it is better than Tooie personally.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Shy Guy
Member Avatar
Milage007
Mar 12 2017, 03:32 AM
Welcome to the forum! Nice collection you have. Always room for Goldeneye in any N64 collection. Great FPS as you are probably aware. But if platformers are your thing how about Banjo Kazooie? I think it is better than Tooie personally.
Indeed, I'd say BK is close to the top of my list. It intrigues me to hear you say it's better than Tooie. Now I really wanna pick it up! :yeah: I did own Goldeneye for a while. I never played it back in the day (I was really too young) and had a hard time getting into it. I never finished the single-player campaign, though, and I hear the multiplayer is a highlight.
Posted Image

Wildfiremicro
Member Avatar
Established Member
You should also check out the Bioshock series you can be the collection on next gen systems
We are all mad here
Rip and tear until it's done
Youtube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzsB1vGRWSrVZ4GNkdY856w

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Welcome! :applause:

You have a fantastic start! Kirby and the Crystal Shards is a must for the system. Its fun and fast to play :)
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

Shy Guy
Member Avatar
MymeeN64
Mar 12 2017, 08:39 PM
Welcome! :applause:

You have a fantastic start! Kirby and the Crystal Shards is a must for the system. Its fun and fast to play :)
Thanks for the recommendation, Mymee! :yeah:
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Welcome aboard, Shy Guy! You've got some high-quality titles there! Seems like adventure games are your thing and you've got solid recommendations there.

If you like NHL '99, try Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey for arcade-y hockey fun

If you like Wave Race, try Hydro Thunder, which is another great in-water (mostly!) racer.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Welcome and Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply