Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wrestlemania 2000; April Game of the Month
Topic Started: Apr 3 2017, 12:25 PM (284 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Wrestlemania 2000 narrowly beat out ISS to be our winner. I spent well over 100 hours on this game back in the day. In high school I pretty much lived and breathed pro wrestling. I enjoyed it all, but was a hardcore WcW fan. I played and enjoyed WcW/nWo World Tour and WcW/nWo Revenge and loved both. I also had Warzone and Attitude, but Acclaim just never seemed able to top the THQ/AKI wrestling games.

I never played No Mercy, so Wrestlemania 2000 was the undisputed king of wrestling games at my house. My friends and I spent a good deal of time on the game. I enjoyed playing through the story mode, and creating my own wrestlers. Years later after I had stopped watching wrestling, I bought a couple of Raw vs Smackdown games, and really enjoyed them. They reminded me of all the fun I had in high school. While Wrestlemania 2000 is dated, I still have had fun when I went back to it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Westling isn't really my thing but i played loads of WWF warzone back in the day. Didn't play much of this one though.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

LosTickaToeRest
Member Avatar
I never followed wrestling or bothered to play any of the wrestling games out there during the system's actual life. Later on I somehow ended up with a copy of Attitude and really enjoyed it, mostly for the CAW mode, but that was about it.

Got a copy of this a few months back and have been really enjoying it. The campaign is fun and the gameplay is smooth and relatively intuitive. I also grabbed No Mercy a few weeks later and that one tops this one in a lot of ways for me so I've been spending more time with that one, but this is still a great game.
Posted Image

http://www.last.fm/user/DToxico

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Hurrah! Wrestlemania 2000 wins it for April and boy do I have memories with this one!

Of the four AKI/THQ wrestling games on the N64, this was the very last one I played. I remember finding it at a GameStop around 2005-2006 for just pennies on the dollar and swooped it up (this may have been the day I also got Turok: Rage Wars but I'm not sure on that one). To this day, it's the most played wrestling game on my N64. While it's Road to Wrestlemania mode was barebones when compared to No Mercy's Championship mode and the customization options for female created wrestlers was laughable (even more so when you realize Acclaim's WWF War Zone did a better job at it over a year before WM2000), the fun I had creating some of my most ridiculous male wrestlers like Boogie Boy (pretty much a younger Disco Inferno), Abel (my take on an Undertaker's son character) and X-Cellent (crude D-Generation X member with a valet whose name escapes me at the moment :lol: ) among others and then throwing them in all of the exciting match types the game offered made me easily forgive it's shortcomings. Of course, I had to bring back The Raptastic Gang (a stable consisting of me, my younger brother and one of my best friends that were a cross between Too Cool and The Hardy Boyz) so I could win tag matches with style. :shades: I even beat the Road to Wrestlemania mode for this site's final Game-Off (before it got replaced with the Beats 'Em All).

I know that, when it comes to N64 wrestling games, WWF No Mercy is usually the fan favorite and I would probably be on the same boat had it not been for one thing: that save glitch. For anyone not in the know, early North American copies of WWF No Mercy had a glitch that would erase your entire save file at any given time. I believe you were able to send these copies in to THQ for a revised copy free of charge and they would even release this revised copy in stores shortly after but I'm unfortunate enough to have the glitched version and sending it in to THQ now just isn't in the cards anymore. This glitch alone is why I rank No Mercy below WM2000 though, even without the glitch, WM2000 comes at a very close second. A must play for wrestling fans the world over. :yeah:
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Awesome news! I played this game a lot too! Best wrestling game on the system for sure in my opinion.

I don't think much of War Zone Buddy this is a big improvement on that you should give it some time if you own it. Royal Rumble!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
You know what I always appreciated? The fact that the animations from the WCW THQ games remained in this one. Made it super easy to make my own "Sting" as I always did on WWF games. Scorpion death drop!!!

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply