Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wrestlemania 2000; April Game of the Month
Topic Started: Apr 3 2017, 12:25 PM (292 Views)
EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Hurrah! Wrestlemania 2000 wins it for April and boy do I have memories with this one!

Of the four AKI/THQ wrestling games on the N64, this was the very last one I played. I remember finding it at a GameStop around 2005-2006 for just pennies on the dollar and swooped it up (this may have been the day I also got Turok: Rage Wars but I'm not sure on that one). To this day, it's the most played wrestling game on my N64. While it's Road to Wrestlemania mode was barebones when compared to No Mercy's Championship mode and the customization options for female created wrestlers was laughable (even more so when you realize Acclaim's WWF War Zone did a better job at it over a year before WM2000), the fun I had creating some of my most ridiculous male wrestlers like Boogie Boy (pretty much a younger Disco Inferno), Abel (my take on an Undertaker's son character) and X-Cellent (crude D-Generation X member with a valet whose name escapes me at the moment :lol: ) among others and then throwing them in all of the exciting match types the game offered made me easily forgive it's shortcomings. Of course, I had to bring back The Raptastic Gang (a stable consisting of me, my younger brother and one of my best friends that were a cross between Too Cool and The Hardy Boyz) so I could win tag matches with style. :shades: I even beat the Road to Wrestlemania mode for this site's final Game-Off (before it got replaced with the Beats 'Em All).

I know that, when it comes to N64 wrestling games, WWF No Mercy is usually the fan favorite and I would probably be on the same boat had it not been for one thing: that save glitch. For anyone not in the know, early North American copies of WWF No Mercy had a glitch that would erase your entire save file at any given time. I believe you were able to send these copies in to THQ for a revised copy free of charge and they would even release this revised copy in stores shortly after but I'm unfortunate enough to have the glitched version and sending it in to THQ now just isn't in the cards anymore. This glitch alone is why I rank No Mercy below WM2000 though, even without the glitch, WM2000 comes at a very close second. A must play for wrestling fans the world over. :yeah:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply